Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Value and Quality of Rough County 2.5 Lift (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/value-and-quality-of-rough-county-2-5-lift-30294.html)

CNTLOSE 05-07-2009 06:40 PM

Value and Quality of Rough County 2.5 Lift
 
I just bought a '09 Unlimited X and I am looking at various lift kits to get this Jeep in the air. I recently came across an add for Rough County advertising their 2.5 lift kit, which includes springs and shocks for $330, which is much cheaper than the Skyjacker and Rubicon Express kits I was looking at.

Would like some imput from people running this kit, or running their 2.2 HP shocks. This is my DD and will probably not see any hardcore off-roading for several years, so street manners are a must.

Thanks

keneds 05-07-2009 07:00 PM

Were in the same boat with the same Jeep. I'll be watching. I've had mine for 3 weeks now and love it. Good luck with it. Ken

jeepmiller09 05-07-2009 08:32 PM

I found a link that talks about this kit it is 156 pages of post I would start from the last page and work back. I think it is mostly TJ Jeeps but i found that the quailty it the same no matter the Year. I hope this helps you.

Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - JeepForum.com

jeepmiller09 05-07-2009 08:38 PM

Here is another link that might help out even more! Only 2 pages lol

"ROUGH" Country lift kit 2.5 - JkOwners.com - The Community for Jeep JK 4x4 Owners

bblustang90 05-07-2009 08:50 PM

well i ordered the rough country 2.2 dual sterring stabilizer kit i didnt need it but it looks good. so i went ahead and got the 2.2 shocks for a 4inch lift im gettin them on monday the 11th i should have them on the same day if you can wait through the weekend ill let you know how they ride compared to what i have on there . pro comp i think runs a es9000 shock or somthing they arent that great so im taking them off.

CNTLOSE 05-07-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblustang90 (Post 369253)
well i ordered the rough country 2.2 dual sterring stabilizer kit i didnt need it but it looks good. so i went ahead and got the 2.2 shocks for a 4inch lift im gettin them on monday the 11th i should have them on the same day if you can wait through the weekend ill let you know how they ride compared to what i have on there . pro comp i think runs a es9000 shock or somthing they arent that great so im taking them off.

Sounds good, let me know what you think when you get them on.

CNTLOSE 05-07-2009 09:40 PM

Well one review bashes the kit and the other praises it. :rofl:

Lets try this as a question.

What is hands down the best 2.5 lift for a DD JK? All my automotive experience is with Mustangs, so I can answer questions about them all day long when it comes to manufactures...but with Jeeps I have no idea :confused:.

Does anyone know a brand that is almost 100% across the board a good quality kit?

4point 05-07-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNTLOSE (Post 369284)
Well one review bashes the kit and the other praises it. :rofl:

Lets try this as a question.

What is hands down the best 2.5 lift for a DD JK? All my automotive experience is with Mustangs, so I can answer questions about them all day long when it comes to manufactures...but with Jeeps I have no idea :confused:.

Does anyone know a brand that is almost 100% across the board a good quality kit?

Thats a loaded question. If I had the cash I'd go with Rock Krawler. This kit below seems pretty reasonable.
Rock Krawler Suspension, Inc.

CNTLOSE 05-07-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 369287)
Thats a loaded question. If I had the cash I'd go with Rock Krawler. This kit below seems pretty reasonable.
Rock Krawler Suspension, Inc.

Would you also run their shocks with the 3.5 entry kit?

4point 05-07-2009 09:58 PM

RK recommends these. The Bilstein 5100's are good shocks. I don't know about the Triple Threat units.

Quote:

It is recommended that high quality shocks be used with all Rock Krawler Suspension Systems. The Rock Krawler Triple Threat Shocks are a great choice! Bilstein 5100’s are also great choices.

CNTLOSE 05-07-2009 10:00 PM

Sounds good. I had read a couple reviews on the Bilstein 5100's and all were positive.

Thanks for the info!

Dewayne 05-07-2009 10:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I also went the( Rough Country 2.2 )4" route . And dont regret it .The ride is somewhat stiffer than stock .And did go with the dual steering stabilizer for larger tires later.

CNTLOSE 05-07-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewayne (Post 369322)
I also went the( Rough Country 2.2 )4" route . And dont regret it .The ride is somewhat stiffer than stock .And did go with the dual steering stabilizer for larger tires later.

Thanks, and nice pic showing them off! :D

CNTLOSE 05-07-2009 11:38 PM

I also found on another fourm they are selling the 2.5 kit for $300 shipped, and $330 for the 3.5 kit.

For that price I could always upgrade later and sell them if I do not like them. :confused:

jeepmiller09 05-08-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewayne (Post 369322)
I also went the( Rough Country 2.2 )4" route . And dont regret it .The ride is somewhat stiffer than stock .And did go with the dual steering stabilizer for larger tires later.

Wow that looks like a great Stearing stable kit!! U know will that kit work only with the lift kit or will go on any jeep lifted or not? I am looking right now for SS kit

CruserBruiser 05-08-2009 10:29 AM

I just bought the same jeep you guys did back in march and i am gonna go with the skyjacker 4in lift... I have used skyjacker on a few jeeps i had in the past and they didnt give me any problems so i am gonna keep using them. Just a Thought anyway..

Dewayne 05-08-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepmiller09 (Post 369472)
Wow that looks like a great Stearing stable kit!! U know will that kit work only with the lift kit or will go on any jeep lifted or not? I am looking right now for SS kit

Yep it will work with stock.I just added the boots to match the boots I put on the shocks.

bblustang90 05-11-2009 11:10 PM

hey buddy just put those 2.2 shocks on i love em the pro comp ones were spring assisted so made the ride ruff. these new rough country ones are similar to stock only difference is under compression they get stiffer wich is awsome for offroad use. They are a bit stiffer than stock but hardly noticable you can tell when you hit say a speed but how it doesnt bounce after you roll off like stock it stops but not hard like stiff shocks hard to explain i guess you could say better control on compression but im real happy with them.. im going to take them offroad this weekend ill keep you posted.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.