Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off Road and External Lighting (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f132/)
-   -   Truck-Lites and Rigid LED bar installed (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f132/truck-lites-and-rigid-led-bar-installed-303521.html)

getahemi 09-20-2013 04:54 PM

Truck-Lites and Rigid LED bar installed
 
Got my LED's installed today. Very impressed. The little Rigid is serious.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...psefe32149.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...psffa6a16a.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps03ae70f8.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse2107ef7.jpg

numbah1 09-20-2013 05:09 PM

Sharp looking rig brother!

I noticed your plate mentions a Hemi--- do you have one under that hood?

getahemi 09-20-2013 05:25 PM

Thanks. Sadly no HEMI. I bought it when I had a dodge truck.

jdambm 09-20-2013 06:57 PM

That turned out so NIIIICCCEE!:worthy::worthy:

getahemi 09-20-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdambm (Post 4735337)
That turned out so NIIIICCCEE!:worthy::worthy:

Thanks!

jkmohican 09-20-2013 07:09 PM

Looks great! About to buy the Truck Lite headlights as well, how do you like them? As bright as everyone says?

getahemi 09-20-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmohican (Post 4735569)
Looks great! About to buy the Truck Lite headlights as well, how do you like them? As bright as everyone says?

I just installed them yesterday so I've only got a few minutes of night driving on them. I need to adjust them up a bit. I do like them. Not sure if they're worth what I paid but they are a huge improvement over stock.

numbah1 09-21-2013 03:07 AM

Compared to stock I'd say the truck lites are well worth the $377.90 I paid. Huge difference. On some roads I had to use high beams in stock form but not with these new lights.

Definitely worth it.

jkmohican 09-21-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbah1 (Post 4742881)
Compared to stock I'd say the truck lites are well worth the $377.90 I paid. Huge difference. On some roads I had to use high beams in stock form but not with these new lights.

Definitely worth it.

But are they worth the 500$ most people pay? And can I ask where you found that deal

numbah1 09-21-2013 09:20 AM

At $500 I'd say no, they're not worth it.

I found that deal on eBay. The seller's name was Drive Train America.

numbah1 09-21-2013 09:26 AM

Just looked the eBay seller up again and he has another set for $374.00--- you'd have to buy two since he sells them individually at $187.00 each.

Helluva deal and he/she ships fast.

getahemi 09-21-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbah1 (Post 4742881)
Compared to stock I'd say the truck lites are well worth the $377.90 I paid. Huge difference. On some roads I had to use high beams in stock form but not with these new lights.

Definitely worth it.

I didn't do enough research. Paid full 499 from Qtec plus 40 to ship to Canada. Add about 120 more for tax and duty and I'm at 690 when converted to Canadian dollars. Maybe I can hit up Qtec on here and get an adjustment.

numbah1 09-21-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getahemi (Post 4747737)

I didn't do enough research. Paid full 499 from Qtec plus 40 to ship to Canada. Add about 120 more for tax and duty and I'm at 690 when converted to Canadian dollars. Maybe I can hit up Qtec on here and get an adjustment.

Holy crap!

getahemi 09-21-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbah1 (Post 4748001)
Holy crap!

I got a price from THE big Jeep shop here and it was almost 1000 bucks with tax. Canada is a great place but taxes are high and importing stuff from stateside is pricey.

numbah1 09-21-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getahemi (Post 4748625)

I got a price from THE big Jeep shop here and it was almost 1000 bucks with tax. Canada is a great place but taxes are high and importing stuff from stateside is pricey.

Sorry to hear. I had no idea taxes were such a big deal in Canada.

Try hitting up eBay Canada-- it might be worth it. They have a dedicated site if I recall correctly.

getahemi 09-21-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbah1 (Post 4748825)
Sorry to hear. I had no idea taxes were such a big deal in Canada.

Try hitting up eBay Canada-- it might be worth it. They have a dedicated site if I recall correctly.

They do but it's pretty weak. Sales tax is 13% here. That's down from 15% a few years ago. The bigger cost when ordering from the US is brokerage fees at the border. Also nobody ships free outside the lower 48 so I have to pay that also. The main lesson I learned is to use the power of this forum. I should have pm'd quadratec and asked of the price match and discounted shipping. I probably would have gotten a deal. They have always been a good company to deal with.

LilBigfoot 09-21-2013 09:34 PM

I just got a set of Truck Lights and the new Harness sent to me in London , Ontario. With shipping etc, the cost came in at $497's Can. Phone this company up to order and ask them to mail the package...big saving over Fed X.


SET OF 2 Truck-Lite 7'' Round LED Headlamp, Complex Reflector Optics Design Phase 7 27270C

getahemi 09-21-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilBigfoot (Post 4759713)
I just got a set of Truck Lights and the new Harness sent to me in London , Ontario. With shipping etc, the cost came in at $497's Can. Phone this company up to order and ask them to mail the package...big saving over Fed X.


SET OF 2 Truck-Lite 7'' Round LED Headlamp, Complex Reflector Optics Design Phase 7 27270C

Nice!

vistaballa21 09-22-2013 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was surprised on how bad the factory lights were in 13 jku. I replaced the headlights but its not good. Now I do live and drive in an area that is pitch black so I put a 20 inch light bar on and it makes all the difference.

Attachment 368441

getahemi 09-22-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vistaballa21 (Post 4767441)
I was surprised on how bad the factory lights were in 13 jku. I replaced the headlights but its not good. Now I do live and drive in an area that is pitch black so I put a 20 inch light bar on and it makes all the difference.

Attachment 368441


I can imagine how much light that thing puts out considering my little Rigid is amazingly powerful. I use mine on deserted back roads but not in town. Too bright for that.

jkmohican 09-22-2013 02:01 PM

Damn, you guys got my panties all up in a bunch. Don't know if I want to ask for these for my birthday now or not...

getahemi 09-22-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmohican (Post 4771761)
Damn, you guys got my panties all up in a bunch. Don't know if I want to ask for these for my birthday now or not...

:lmao:

jkmohican 09-24-2013 07:27 AM

Just wanna ask one last question (I swear this is the last question). I finally saw these in person and I'm set on buying them now. For 2012+ jeeps, what harness is needed for the new generation truck lights for non-flicker? Seems to be a lot of conflicted info.

2footin 09-24-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmohican (Post 4814841)
Just wanna ask one last question (I swear this is the last question). I finally saw these in person and I'm set on buying them now. For 2012+ jeeps, what harness is needed for the new generation truck lights for non-flicker? Seems to be a lot of conflicted info.

battery health seems to make a huge difference in the amount of flicker
my 13 has almost no flicker even against a wall at idle
a friends 11 had a noticeable flicker till he replaced its battery (from other issues) then the flicker was almost gone
my advise is to get the headlights and see if you are happy without the harness you might save a few dollars

getahemi 09-24-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmohican (Post 4814841)
Just wanna ask one last question (I swear this is the last question). I finally saw these in person and I'm set on buying them now. For 2012+ jeeps, what harness is needed for the new generation truck lights for non-flicker? Seems to be a lot of conflicted info.

You need two of these.

Truck-Lite 96830-3 - Truck-Lite Pulse Width Modulation Adapter Harness for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

I have a small amount of flicker. Not a big deal but I might add a pair to my next order. Btw qtec adjusted my price and shipping. Very good customer service.

jkmohican 09-24-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getahemi (Post 4827665)
You need two of these. Truck-Lite 96830-3 - Truck-Lite Pulse Width Modulation Adapter Harness for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec I have a small amount of flicker. Not a big deal but I might add a pair to my next order. Btw qtec adjusted my price and shipping. Very good customer service.

So when I go to order my truck lights, all I need are the lights and these harnesses? I don't need to get those other adapters (h3-h14 whatever)?

getahemi 09-24-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmohican (Post 4828097)
So when I go to order my truck lights, all I need are the lights and these harnesses? I don't need to get those other adapters (h3-h14 whatever)?

That's right. However quadratec includes the basic h13 to h4 adapter to get you started if you don't want to spring for the anti flicker adapter.

numbah1 09-24-2013 07:28 PM

If I recall the anti flicker harness also serves as the piggy-back adapter (h4-h13).

Granted I've only had my truck-lites about 2 months I've hardly noticed any amount of flicker that's worth the cost of the harness.

jkmohican 09-24-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getahemi (Post 4828249)
That's right. However quadratec includes the basic h13 to h4 adapter to get you started if you don't want to spring for the anti flicker adapter.

Ah thanks you. I'm ordering off eBay so I needed to buy the adapter anyway, I'm gonna get that harness instead.

MagicMtnDan 09-27-2013 08:21 AM

Truck-Lites vs. Another Option - here's what I just did
 
Re: Truck-Lites, the best price I was able to find so far is here: Discount Fleet Supply - Heavy Duty Fleet Products - Buy Online! - www.DiscountFleetSupply.com

SET OF 2 Truck-Lite 7'' Round LED Headlamp, Complex Reflector Optics Design Phase 7 27270C

$389.99 with free shipping and you can take a 5% discount for discount code: lifeisgood5 Total is then $370.49

But, I decided not to go that route and instead went with Susquehanna Motorsports (ww.RallyLights.com ) multi-part kit:

Their E-Code glass lamps complete with wiring harness (handmade, hand soldered, made in-house) with a pair of bulbs (there are options).

SM6024J Headlamp Kit for Jeep Wrangler 2007->. Replaces H13 lamp with Hella E-Code H4 Headlamps - RallyLights.com

Pair of bulbs and I went with Xenon; not a lamp with a ballast, it's a Halogen bulb with Xenon gas. Burns at higher temperature. You can add a blue coating or other coating to bulb. Blue coating filters out extra yellow light gives super white light. Color temp is around 4K. Problem is they don’t just filter yellow light they filter all light. Will lose some light. Heavy coatings can lose 15-20%. I chose not to go with blue coating.

Xenon white bulbs (no blue), there are 5 options but it came down to 3 choices for me based on what Will told me:
1. Xenon plus 30% – long life; lasts for years; less output
2. Xenon plus 50% - 50% brighter than stock bulb – no blue; awesome bulb – about $25 for the pair – by Hella
3. Xenon plus 80% - by Philips. Plus 80 is add $50.00.

I ordered E-Code headlights with Xenon Plus 50: $221.00 for the complete kit with wiring harness. $234.78 total including UPS ground shipping and insurance.

By the way, Xenon Plus 50 bulbs cost $12.00 each to replace. The Xenon plus 50 bulbs are white: 3500-3600K (color). Xenon Plus 80 is $246.00 for the kit.

By the way, they make the harnesses that people buy for the Truck-Lites. And a certain Daniel Stern apparently buys his harnesses from them as well.

I talked to Will at Susquehanna Motorsports
Rally Lights, Hella, TerraTrip, Hans, WRC, ZAMP - RallyLights.com
Susquehanna MotorSports
13994 Kutztown Road (US-222); Fleetwood, PA 19522
P: 610-944-3233 F: 610 944 3234


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.