Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   NorCal (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/norcal-30697.html)

Wolf74 05-15-2009 11:59 PM

NorCal

I noticed most of you guys are down South, I was wondering if there was any NorCal Jeepers around. I'm pretty new to it all so it would be cool to meet up with some folks up here and just shoot the breeze and do some trails up in this area. Hit me up!

SurfnSnow 05-16-2009 12:35 AM

heya, in San Jose here. there's always some kind of runs and plenty of trails to check out. If you're interested, me and a couple of friends are doing a rubicon run, shoot me a pm

whiteyj 05-16-2009 10:04 AM

My Jeep is in the Bay Area and I'm in Seattle! Three more weeks and everything will be up in Seattle. Lots of great places to run in NorCal.

JeepMangler 06-06-2009 10:16 PM

I'm new to this forum and looking for others to wheel with as well. I live in Discovery Bay, West of Stockton. I just bought my second TJ about a month ago and just finished the lift and some other mods. I've done some mild offroading with my previous Jeep but I'm building this one for some more serious stuff.(Rubicon) I'm down to go on a run as long as I can get by without lockers(until the budget allows).

KJ139 10-11-2009 12:47 AM

I'm in Yuba City (40-minutes north of Sac.) and wheel with some really good people up here. Not into crazy carnage or getting drunk or stupid on the trail; but like to have a few beers in camp after wheeling.

This summer I ran the Rubicon, Lakes Basin and Fordyce. Fordyce was ONE TOUGH TRAIL!!! I broke my track-bar (welded on the trail thanks to some folks who let me borrow their welder), broke a Bilstein 7100 shock piston in half, tore a sidewall, overheated my tranny, heated my brakes to failure, and had water flowing over my seats at the first water crossing. Fordyce made the Rubicon look like a parking lot (although the Rubicon is my absolute favorite trail).

I also belong to NAXJA, which is like this forum, but for Cherokees. On there, they have a Sierra Chapter, which is primarily people from the Bay Area north. Maybe we could put together a Sierra Chapter so we can share run information, get a karma thread going (for giving away parts you don't need), etc.

Anyway, keep me in mind for wheeling!

KJ139 10-11-2009 12:56 AM

I just sent this off to the Webmaster. If you're interested, please send them an e-mail in the "Contact Us" section so we can get this started!

Kevin

Hello,

I love the forum and have read a few posts by some Jeepers in Northern California that are trying to locate people in the area to wheel with. Most of the people from the California Forum, are in Southern California, and are not likely to wheel, trade parts, etc., with Northern California, simply because of the distance between the two areas (about 8-10 hours) I also belong to NAXJA, which is like this forum, but for XJ's. On NAXJA, they have a Sierra Chapter, which REALLY helps get people together in the area.

If possible, could we please start a Sierra Chapter or Northern California Chapter, so that people in Northern California can meet, wheel, trade parts, etc.?

Thanks!!!

Kevin

savannaam 12-28-2009 03:30 AM

Yea I'm up here in Sonoma County..
not much to go to, kind of have to make your own trails... whoops lol

Cow mountain trips for me basically...

SUBZEROCOOL 01-10-2010 07:32 PM

Im in northern California myself just a stone throw away from KJ139 in the little town of Marysville.

outdoor girl 01-12-2010 09:38 PM

I'm just east of sacramento bout 45 mins from tahoe.

49cj3a90yj 01-16-2010 10:24 AM

I'm smack dab in the middle of socal and norcal, But I have friends and family in Sonoma and Marysville area. I visit often but have yet to bring my yj up there. Next time I go up there I would be more then happy to bring the yj and go for a drive with you guys.

erok 01-19-2010 12:17 AM

i'm from vacaville. looking for some local guys to go wheeling with. where do you guys normally go?

Hensman 01-27-2010 12:19 AM

East bay here. A little more than a half an hour west of stockton.

Rh51912 01-29-2010 12:36 AM

I live in Marin.. I'm looking for some help with some repairs. Anybody willin' to scrape their knuckles up for a lil fun?

Manolito 01-31-2010 10:43 PM

I am an old guy brand new to Jeeps. I just bought a Wrangler and I live in the big town of Milford. between Reno and Susanville. My E-Mail is in the profile if you are going to be in the area give a shout.

JeepSkipper 02-27-2010 12:09 AM

Hey guys,

Just drove my old Jeep out to San Francisco after leaving it in a garage for the last 3 years at home in Colorado. Ready to get back on trails but it needs a good amount of work - tie rods, water pump to name a couple. Anybody know of a good repair shop .... or a thrifty way to pick up some used Jeep parts?

Looking to get this sucker running healthy again with minimal $$

gologit 03-21-2010 05:50 PM

Grass Valley here.

SUBZEROCOOL 03-23-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepSkipper (Post 557054)
Hey guys,

Just drove my old Jeep out to San Francisco after leaving it in a garage for the last 3 years at home in Colorado. Ready to get back on trails but it needs a good amount of work - tie rods, water pump to name a couple. Anybody know of a good repair shop .... or a thrifty way to pick up some used Jeep parts?

Looking to get this sucker running healthy again with minimal $$

Where in the bay are you? I know a good shop by Benicia and Pittsburg area

NVRDLMO 03-25-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gologit (Post 577833)
Grass Valley here.

Ahhh, I wanna be from Grass Valley but for now.....Livermore

Hensman 03-25-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NVRDLMO (Post 581785)

I thought I saw you today, but the jeep was red, so I guess it wasn't you:(

Rocky Bar 03-25-2010 11:07 PM

Grass Vally also. New to jeeps. 97 tj 4.0 5sp 33s etc. Interested in new trails to check out.

NVRDLMO 03-27-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hensman (Post 582248)
I thought I saw you today, but the jeep was red, so I guess it wasn't you:(

Hey Hens, so you saw a OUF ,(old ugly f'r) in a red jeep huh ? Ya I am only taking the Jeep about twice a week, Mondays & Fridays usually, just because I don't like to commute in it. Usually I drive a white Dodge Ram. :wavey:

gologit 03-28-2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NVRDLMO (Post 581785)

LOL...I'd like to spend more time there. I work all over the Sierras and sometimes on the coast. GV is a good place.

A lot of Bay Area people have moved there and we really don't mind them...as long as they don't start every sentence with..."Well, in the Bay Area we...." :D

Bobthegod 04-01-2010 02:35 PM

Im in Napa (The Wine Country) not a lot of places here to go wheelin. Have to travel to Tahoe of way Northern California. Did a small trail at Sea Ranch recently. Want to do morrrreeeeee.

01bud 04-04-2010 12:30 AM

I'm in Cameron park. 8 miles from hangtown.(placerville)

whiteyj 04-04-2010 12:36 AM

Back in Pleasanton by mid-June.:D

07crawler 04-06-2010 06:51 PM

Central Ca here but will travel to wheel

yuri 04-07-2010 11:16 AM

We are from bay Area, Palo Alto and crazy about travel by Jeep :)

Hensman 04-11-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 589716)

We should go out on a trip when you get back. I have been dying to go, but have been busy.

plac 06-03-2010 02:31 PM

san mateo

Indy 06-04-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 589716)

Are you back yet??

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuri (Post 592285)
We are from bay Area, Palo Alto and crazy about travel by Jeep :)

Let's plan a trip sometime!!