Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Help spending money on lifts and bumber (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/help-spending-money-on-lifts-and-bumber-30918.html)

ddl 05-21-2009 01:57 PM

Help spending money on lifts and bumber

After doing the searches I have narrowed my list of upgrades to:

Ultimate TJ/LJ Wrangler Kit: **4-OME Shocks, 4-OME Coil Springs, (your choice of coil rates) JKS "Quicker" Disconnects, JKS 1.25" Body Lift, JKS 1" Motor Mount Spacers, JKS Adj. Track bar (front) JKS Adj. Track bar (rear), 2" Extended Bump stops (Front & rear) and JKS Adj Rear Swaybar End Links.

OR

RE7003 - TJ/LJ 3.5" SUPER-FLEX SYSTEM from Rubicon Express with OME shocks

The 3.5-inch features new control arms with our Super-Flex™ spherical ball joints, replacement 3.5-inch lift springs extended bump stops, longer front brake lines and Gen II sway bar disconnects.

AND

Rockhard Rear Bumber system

Which would you recommend from your experience, thanks.

Timberman 05-21-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddl (Post 375555)
After doing the searches I have narrowed my list of upgrades to:

Ultimate TJ/LJ Wrangler Kit: **4-OME Shocks, 4-OME Coil Springs, (your choice of coil rates) JKS "Quicker" Disconnects, JKS 1.25" Body Lift, JKS 1" Motor Mount Spacers, JKS Adj. Track bar (front) JKS Adj. Track bar (rear), 2" Extended Bump stops (Front & rear) and JKS Adj Rear Swaybar End Links.

OR

RE7003 - TJ/LJ 3.5" SUPER-FLEX SYSTEM from Rubicon Express with OME shocks

The 3.5-inch features new control arms with our Super-Flex™ spherical ball joints, replacement 3.5-inch lift springs extended bump stops, longer front brake lines and Gen II sway bar disconnects.

AND

Rockhard Rear Bumber system

Which would you recommend from your experience, thanks.

Personally, I would go with the Rubicon Superflex 3.5" kit because I am just not a fan of Body lfts. My buddy just had the 4.5" Superflex kit and man that thing is a beast.. I have a hybrid 4" lift [RE Control Arms (All) w/ Pro Comp Springs] and he dwarfs me.. The 3.5" kit will actually put you up above 4" of lift. Rubicon makes products which are one of the best on the market and their kits give you tons more than the others.. Make absolutely sure that you do a CV shaft and a SYE after you lift.

KBR97 05-21-2009 05:52 PM

I just orderd my RE 3.5 superflex came with the free mono tube shocks (the better ones). And I upgraded to front and rear adjustable control arms, rather than solid ones, $90 option.
4x4 Parts, Accessories, Tires, Fender Flares, Rubicon Express, Poison Spyder Customs -

AzTJ 05-21-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBR97 (Post 375670)
I just orderd my RE 3.5 superflex came with the free mono tube shocks (the better ones). And I upgraded to front and rear adjustable control arms, rather than solid ones, $90 option.
4x4 Parts, Accessories, Tires, Fender Flares, Rubicon Express, Poison Spyder Customs -

^ definitely good people to do business with. :punk:

KBR97 05-21-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTJ (Post 375689)
^ definitely good people to do business with. :punk:

those free mono tube shocks were just too much to pass up. Thats a really good value.

Scout 05-21-2009 11:51 PM

OME all the way. The OME parts and JKS parts I've owned in the past have all been of superb quality. If you mate that kit above with some JKS control arms you'll never have to worry about a thing. Both companies make fantastic products.

Also, my web-wheeling and reading has discovered some quality issues with RE in the past. Mainly with bushings. They may have solved those issues by now but I would research it before you make the investment.