Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   how to stop rattle in sound bar (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/how-to-stop-rattle-in-sound-bar-30940.html)

shorty8914446 05-21-2009 11:08 PM

how to stop rattle in sound bar

hey i have a 99 tj and every time that i turn my music up the sound bar rattles really bad right where the dome lights are. i just wanted to know if any one else has had this problem, or if you have any tips on fixing this. its really annoying when driving with the top off cause i have to turn up the music to cancel out the noise of the road.

needaglock 05-22-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shorty8914446 (Post 375785)
hey i have a 99 tj and every time that i turn my music up the sound bar rattles really bad right where the dome lights are. i just wanted to know if any one else has had this problem, or if you have any tips on fixing this. its really annoying when driving with the top off cause i have to turn up the music to cancel out the noise of the road.

Haven't ran into that problem yet but you may want to try some sound dampening material inside the enclosures on your sound bar. Look for some polyfill over at Parts-Express.com - Speakers, Speaker Building, Home Audio and Video, Pro Audio, Electronic Parts & Accessories PARTS EXPRESS, Speakers, Speaker Parts, Guitar speakers, Bass speakers, Woofers, Drivers, speaker upgrades and replacement speakers. Emine.

needaglock 05-22-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needaglock (Post 375835)

Wow, what the hell, just put in the web address and the link added all that. :eek:

jwm1986 05-22-2009 10:48 AM

I took mine off for this problem and found out it's not even a solid piece. The sides are just bent together. So I siliconed all the edges and where the dome light mounts (the inside part that screws on). Then stuffed some pillow stuffing in the middle to sort of seperate the sides. No rattles and better mid range response was my result. I'm happy. Although I don't know what did what...

Mrmikeypoo 05-22-2009 03:02 PM

I found that my dome light lens rattles. Havent figured out how to cure it without destroying the light.

whitesport 05-22-2009 09:40 PM

I too have the same problem after installing amp and subwoofer. I may have to try that silcone spray idea. Thank You!

u.p.jeeper 06-10-2009 12:53 AM

i put fome in the sound bar and silconed the light worked great

Hensman 06-10-2009 01:44 AM

I just took off the plastic cover on the light and put some tape on the little tabs that snap it in to make it more snug and it worked and has been working for a couple of months.

socrtom 05-05-2012 02:23 PM

I took off the light covers and added 3 clear silicone pads (normally used for cabinets, lamps, etc) per cover, snapped them back on and all vibration is gone! A lot less work and has to be a lot less hassle than dealing with any gels.

Bass at 110%, volume at 11!

LouieDelTorchio 05-05-2012 02:29 PM

I also took off the light lens and it stopped too. Once i put a sub in though it stopped even with the lens on because i set my speakers to 0 bass, relying on the sub only for bass.

03Ruth 05-05-2012 04:06 PM

I took the lens with me to lowes and got an o ring that fit snug around the lens. Put it back in and hasnt rattled in two years!