Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   its a jeep thing sticker..... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/its-a-jeep-thing-sticker-30973.html)

leesmythe 05-22-2009 09:30 PM

its a jeep thing sticker.....
 
SO.. I WAS DRIVING HOME FROM THE STORE TODAY AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT MIGHT OFFEND SOMEONE SO I KIND OF APOLOGIZE BUT ONLY KINDA AHEAD OF TIME IF I DO...

I SAW A JEEP LIBERTY WITH AN;

ITS A JEEP THING!

STICKER ON IT.... :rofl:

I COULDNT HELP MYSELF FROM BURSTING INTO LAUGHTER WHILE DRIVING.

GRANTED I HAVE SEEN SOME MODIFIED (NOT MUCH THO) LIBERTIES, BUT STILL EVEN THOSE CAN BE LOW ON MY TOTEM POLE.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::zap::rofl::rofl:

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE MY DAYS EXPERIENCE..

LIKE TO HEAR SOME INPUT.

orange05tj 05-22-2009 09:52 PM

a friend of mine had that sticker on his Liberty. Its still a Jeep, so I never said anything. Its better then those stupid "I Love My Honda" and "I Love My JDM" stickers I see on the corners of the ricers windshields.

05GT-O.C.D. 05-22-2009 10:03 PM

My wife's had a Commander and a Liberty Renegade. It is a Jeep thing, and you should understand.

leesmythe 05-22-2009 10:06 PM

like i said i apologize for offending anybodies liberty..

its just my opinion and am interested in hearing everyone elses.

05GT-O.C.D. 05-22-2009 10:11 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended in the slightest.

The Liberty and the Commander both have a personality as well, although you'd have to drive one to know. They're not appliances.

I know I'm coming off as sounding offended and arguementative, but I don't mean to, I just don't know how else to say it.

orange05tj 05-22-2009 10:12 PM

Im not offended. You axed for opinions and opinions we gave

leesmythe 05-22-2009 10:18 PM

i wasnt saying u were saying that u were offended.. lol

i dont know how else to say it either...

i posted that again for safety sake i dont want a mod or addmin sendin me a pink slip. haha

keep it coming guys!!

joemd60 05-22-2009 10:25 PM

I have a Cousin who has a Grand Cherokee and an Aunt who has Liberty, that is their jeep thing. It's a matter of preference and not me to judge (not that I am saying you are.;)) and mine is my Wrangler and nothing else.:)

Levinoss 05-22-2009 10:26 PM

I'll wave at them if they wave at me. I don't pay much attention to them tho. Cherokees I always check out tho.

05GT-O.C.D. 05-22-2009 10:39 PM

We can all agree, better another Jeep family vehicle than a Honda. :)

Levinoss 05-22-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D. (Post 376185)
We can all agree, better another Jeep family vehicle than a Honda. :)

I was not a big fan of the 4dr JK's but they have kinda grown on me SOME. lol

jcf 05-22-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levinoss (Post 376190)
I was not a big fan of the 4dr JK's but they have kinda grown on me SOME. lol

Thats good, I am glad :)

jpdocdave 05-23-2009 08:01 AM

i'm with ya lee. i know a guy with a grand cherokee, newer, has no clue whats going on. has a brush guard and thats about it with that sticker.

i find it comical when they have that sticker, but missed the point. would they stop for another jeeper in need? would they wave? would they be on their back on the trail helping you witha repair? would they invite you to their campsite to hang out and eat and drink all night?

but my favorite still is the "if you can read this roll me over" sticker on the stock, or never wheeled jeeps.

joemd60 05-23-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdocdave (Post 376241)
i'm with ya lee. i know a guy with a grand cherokee, newer, has no clue whats going on. has a brush guard and thats about it with that sticker.

i find it comical when they have that sticker, but missed the point. would they stop for another jeeper in need? would they wave? would they be on their back on the trail helping you witha repair? would they invite you to their campsite to hang out and eat and drink all night?

but my favorite still is the "if you can read this roll me over" sticker on the stock, or never wheeled jeeps.

Ok jp let's be nice.;) I would like to have a lift on my jeep, but a lift, tires and install, and not to mention when it's done a new track bar and stabilizer shock which seems to be the norm once a jeep is lifted. I am in the ball park of about 1500 plus,I have other bigger expenses to deal with in the future. So some of us cannot afford that, at least not now.:)

jpdocdave 05-23-2009 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joemd60 (Post 376244)
Ok jp let's be nice.;) I would like to have a lift on my jeep, but a lift, tires and install, and not to mention when it's done a new track bar and stabilizer shock which seems to be the norm once a jeep is lifted. I am in the ball park of about 1500 plus,I have other bigger expenses to deal with in the future, so some of us cannot afford that.:)

:D i knew i would upset a few. it is just my opinion, and nothing more.:D if you want all that, and can't get it yet, and the sticker makes you feel better thats fine:D joking.

i guess the jeep thing can be different for everyone to. to me, its not stickers and lights and wheels and cd players, and nav systems.

but really, if the only chance of your jeep rolling is hitting the express way on ramp too fast, maybe the sticker isn't right:rofl:


just messin

orange05tj 05-23-2009 08:17 AM

I saw a Toyota Tacoma this morning with spray painted black wheels and a wussy looking roll bar with 2 KC lights and on the tailgate it said, "I got your Jeep thing right here!" I laughed at that.

joemd60 05-23-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdocdave (Post 376245)
:D i knew i would upset a few. it is just my opinion, and nothing more.:D if you want all that, and can't get it yet, and the sticker makes you feel better thats fine:D joking.

i guess the jeep thing can be different for everyone to. to me, its not stickers and lights and wheels and cd players, and nav systems.

but really, if the only chance of your jeep rolling is hitting the express way on ramp too fast, maybe the sticker isn't right:rofl:


just messin

I am not upset jp, I would love to have my jeep all done up but the 1500 is only part of it. My jeep is going to be with me for a long time, so I have plenty of time to do the things I want, I just have to be patient. For now like all jeeps, it is off road capable stock but with limitations, I am still going on the Sunday ride but will follow the advice to keep my eyes open and be careful not to put my jeep in a bad situation...I hope.:D

lee indy 05-23-2009 08:51 AM

my wifes liberty is fairly cabaple in stock form. its good for a mostly road vehicle with the occasional dirt road foray. Its no wrangler but it is a jeep.

if you think its that funny and out of place maybe you should get a " its a wrangler thing"

Levinoss 05-23-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange05tj (Post 376246)
I saw a Toyota Tacoma this morning with spray painted black wheels and a wussy looking roll bar with 2 KC lights and on the tailgate it said, "I got your Jeep thing right here!" I laughed at that.

Blasphemy!

jgano23 05-23-2009 10:50 AM

i had that sticker on my zj (my first jeep), i off-roaded with it, and i did the "wave." and although my hubby does not have that sticker on his commander i think it would be justified if he did.

you be the judge:

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/r...9/DSCF1100.jpg

some people that have that sticker may be a little misguided and don't really understand it, but the sticker does say, "it's a JEEP thing" not "it's a wrangler thing," just my .02 though.

Levinoss 05-23-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 376284)
"it's a JEEP thing" not "it's a wrangler thing," just my .02 though.

I think us Wranglers just forget some times we aint the only Jeeps out there. =P

joemd60 05-23-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levinoss (Post 376313)
I think us Wranglers just forget some times we aint the only Jeeps out there. =P

Yes we are.:D

dooder 05-23-2009 12:18 PM

i think stickers are dumb.

05GT-O.C.D. 05-23-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dooder (Post 376329)
i think stickers are dumb.

[/END THREAD] :punk:

jpdocdave 05-23-2009 04:22 PM

i by no means think it has to be a wrangler to "get it" i own an xj, mj, and 2 yjs, and owned another yj and liberty. i love jeeps of all sorts. there's many wrangler owners that are clueless. i would waiger though that most liberty, compass, patriot, comander, and pretty grand cherokee owners do not share our passion for the brand, lifestyle, and brother hood. but any one of them can at anytime.

and jess, i think seeing that comander wheel is awesome. i've been in a few, they are cool trucks.

Contra 05-23-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmythe (Post 376155)
SO.. I WAS DRIVING HOME FROM THE STORE TODAY AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT MIGHT OFFEND SOMEONE SO I KIND OF APOLOGIZE BUT ONLY KINDA AHEAD OF TIME IF I DO...

I SAW A JEEP LIBERTY WITH AN;

ITS A JEEP THING!

STICKER ON IT.... :rofl:

I COULDNT HELP MYSELF FROM BURSTING INTO LAUGHTER WHILE DRIVING.

GRANTED I HAVE SEEN SOME MODIFIED (NOT MUCH THO) LIBERTIES, BUT STILL EVEN THOSE CAN BE LOW ON MY TOTEM POLE.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::zap::rofl::rofl:

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE MY DAYS EXPERIENCE..

LIKE TO HEAR SOME INPUT.

i tend to agree...
i would also have to crack up some

leesmythe 05-23-2009 05:30 PM

damn i love all the responses...

another thing i was thinkin about is;

i think what bothers me more than yuppies with the liberties,
is when im driving down the road and i pass all these new unlimiteds and new rubi's and new tj's that are decked out, no scratches, all waxed up never actually been off the road. (cuz they have the money) but they obviously have no clue to the realness of what they are driving cuz i wave and they look at me like im retarded...i see some of these; like today i.e. i saw a bad ass unlimited 4 inch lift mickey thomp's 35's winch hi jack top rack and i waved and... i got nothin just a blank stare.

maybe im wrong to think that he doesnt use his jeep and its goodies for what they were made for, but what can u draw from no depth to the simplist thing like a brother hood wave,...

with his hard top on and windows up. a/c on...


i passed (no joke here at all, i live in phoenix so there are jeeps everywhere) 11 jeeeps today, (maybe like 20 if include the liberties and commanders.:D:D:D) and i waved to all of them i got two waves back.

absolutely dissapointing:confused::confused::confused::confus ed::confused::banghead::banghead:

leesmythe 05-23-2009 05:32 PM

that commander up a few posts does look pretty sick tho..

i wouldnt chose it over a wrangler.. but its a good lookin set up...

hdgreyrider 05-25-2009 03:44 AM

I had a Liberty and it was quite capable. It had a lot of issues and was back -n- forth to the dealers to much for my taste. A lot of guys gave me crap for it being a chick jeep.

Then I had a Tacoma - and those people are serious. Check out Toyota Nation. The mods those guys do to their trucks are amazing.

now I have this.....

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../wrangler2.jpg

They are laughing now! LOL

jgano23 05-25-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmythe (Post 376452)
that commander up a few posts does look pretty sick tho..

i wouldnt chose it over a wrangler.. but its a good lookin set up...

the hubby's first vehicle was a yj (which is a work in progress now) and then he had a tj. it is very difficult to transport stuff (and eventually kids) in wranglers so when it was time for a new jeep he decided to go w/ the commander. you should see it perform on the trail, after he rolls my cj7 off the trailer and unhooks it, of course :D. btw, the hubby never gets stuck, never.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.