Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   how to turn off seatbelt chime (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/how-to-turn-off-seatbelt-chime-31040.html)

bubba2u 05-24-2009 05:57 PM

how to turn off seatbelt chime

mod 3: turn OFF FASTEN seat belt CHIME - i wear my seat belt for the most part, for i've been in one too many accidents in my lifetime. BUT to have that chime just continually go off, even pulling forward or backward is just freaking annoying. so:

(price: free)

Here are the steps to deactivate the chime (picked this up from another forum, should be in the owner's manual, too):

1. turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle your seat belt while sitting in the drivers seat.

2. turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.

3. unbuckle and then re-buckle your seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with theseat belt buckled. then start the jeep. (i don't know if starting is necessary, but i did it)

4. turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

next time you start the jeep, you'll hear the initial fasten seat belt chimes, but the continuous chiming reminder will be turned off. the light in the dash will remain on, though.

Hitchhiker 05-24-2009 08:42 PM

Posted here too. :cool:

tomthbomb 11-13-2011 08:16 AM

Thanks

FOUR FLUSHER 11-13-2011 08:31 AM

I've been thinking about how to do that
thanks

JohninHB 11-13-2011 09:33 AM

If the light bugs you or you don't want/can't disable chime do what I did. I got a seat belt buckle from a junkyard and put it my seat belt. Stops the chiming.

JIMBOX 11-13-2011 09:36 AM

:whistling: Very simple--"Clickit or ticketit"

There's no reason to disable the seatbelt alarm !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

GREEN-MACHINE 11-13-2011 09:47 AM

tuesday last, one of our drivers was fired,,
why, he had the seat belt pulled behind the head rest and locked...
the person in the back seat was a D.O.T. inspector:facepalm:

kbwwolf 11-13-2011 11:55 AM

Sledgehammer. Pickaxe. Shotgun (slugs recommended...buckshot too collateral). In a pinch, steel toed boot. :D

WARNING: This fool cannot be held responsible for the OP's foolish actions. Said fool (OP) assumes sole responsibility for foolish non-seatbelt actions. Any attempt to attach this fool to lawsuits involving liability will be met by overwhelming counter-lawsuits against initial fool (OP), to the point that said fool (OP) will probably have to do laundry in a cheap hotel for the rest of his/her life.

Other than that, I say go for it. :thumb:

okie 11-13-2011 02:51 PM

I turned my seatbelt dinger off the first week I had it. I can't stand those things. I wear my seatbelt for the most part. But that day that I don't wear it I shouldn't have to here the dinger. I will agree that it's a good idea to wear it, I'm not saying that. Im just saying that if I don't want to wear it, my ears should not be punished. :-)

kbwwolf 11-13-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okie (Post 1741848)
I turned my seatbelt dinger off the first week I had it. I can't stand those things. I wear my seatbelt for the most part. But that day that I don't wear it I shouldn't have to here the dinger. I will agree that it's a good idea to wear it, I'm not saying that. Im just saying that if I don't want to wear it, my ears should not be punished. :-)

You, my friend, seem to be in need of the disclaimer: :D

WARNING: This fool cannot be held responsible for the Above Poster's foolish actions. Said fool (AP) assumes sole responsibility for foolish non-seatbelt actions. Any attempt to attach this fool to lawsuits involving liability will be met by overwhelming counter-lawsuits against initial fool (AP), to the point that said fool (AP) will probably have to do laundry in a cheap hotel for the rest of his/her life, and/or flip burgers to pay the rent.

tomthbomb 11-13-2011 03:13 PM

I have a cabin in the woods. It is 1/8 mile from the gate. I don't want to wear the belt for that short distance on a dirt road only I travel. The only hazard is deer cross it regularly. Not a problem though. I never exceed 5mph. Raises too much dust.

JIMBOX 11-13-2011 03:20 PM

:whistling: Kinda like--"Don't worry, MY PISTOL IS NEVER LOADED !

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomthbomb (Post 1741890)
I have a cabin in the woods. It is 1/8 mile from the gate. I don't want to wear the belt for that short distance on a dirt road only I travel. The only hazard is deer cross it regularly. Not a problem though. I never exceed 5mph. Raises too much dust.

:dance::rofl:

kjeeper10 11-13-2011 04:57 PM

First thing I did :thumb:

Ef dat alarm :)

Oh and motorcycles don't have seat belt alarms :p

tribangle 11-13-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

You, my friend, seem to be in need of the disclaimer: :D

WARNING: This fool cannot be held responsible for the Above Poster's foolish actions. Said fool (AP) assumes sole responsibility for foolish non-seatbelt actions. Any attempt to attach this fool to lawsuits involving liability will be met by overwhelming counter-lawsuits against initial fool (AP), to the point that said fool (AP) will probably have to do laundry in a cheap hotel for the rest of his/her life, and/or flip burgers to pay the rent.

+1

:rofl:

kbwwolf 11-13-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1742129)
First thing I did :thumb:

Ef dat alarm :)

Oh and motorcycles don't have seat belt alarms :p

Amen, brother. Not sure if I'd quit riding because of it, but I'd definitely have to give it some thought.

tomthbomb 11-15-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX
:whistling: Kinda like--"Don't worry, MY PISTOL IS NEVER LOADED !

:dance::rofl:

If I hit a deer while going 5mph I will just have to live with the consequences........

JIMBOX 11-15-2011 08:57 AM

:D Man I can agree with that, but

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomthbomb (Post 1746096)
If I hit a deer while going 5mph I will just have to live with the consequences........

What if you swerve-REAL SHARP and hita tree, or roll over !!!

But that will never happen--right ?

Remember these ?

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...PICT0101-1.jpg

I still use my stock seatbelts, but when we're off-road and get near tough areas--ON THEY GO -

I'm not very anal about most safety, but having been in several roll overs, I know what can happen-so sometimes my wife gets a little upset, when I hookup the harness's-:crash:

Smokemifyougotem

redrockman 12-10-2011 03:13 PM

Does this method work for a 2012?

kjeeper10 12-10-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrockman
Does this method work for a 2012?

Try it :whistling:

Just be warned. Doing it wrong your jeep might explode :D

TreeClimber1 12-10-2011 03:30 PM

Y'all are stupid.
Just wear your seatbelt.

And for what it's worth, the seat belt buzzer plug is under the front two seats. Unplug it, and jumper the two pins together. Bypasses the seat belt warning system completely, but leaves the buckle available for use.

kjeeper10 12-10-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreeClimber1
Y'all are stupid.
Just wear your seatbelt.

And for what it's worth, the seat belt buzzer plug is under the front two seats. Unplug it, and jumper the two pins together. Bypasses the seat belt warning system completely, but leaves the buckle available for use.

And... how do you know? :rolleyes:

redrockman 12-10-2011 04:09 PM

Went out and tried it on new one. It work. Ah freedom on the ears.

TreeClimber1 12-10-2011 04:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1816218)
And... how do you know? :rolleyes:

My YJ & TJ. Full harnesses.

kfdjason7620 12-10-2011 04:28 PM

Hmmmm I wonder if this will work in the wife's xk???? Luckily, my tjs cough cough "computer", don't give a dam if its hooked in or not, but I wear it when I need to

kjeeper10 12-10-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

My YJ & TJ. Full harnesses.

Some badass shiz.

But, My YJ or Tj did not have an alarm :D

TreeClimber1 12-10-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1816315)
Some badass shiz.

But, My YJ or Tj did not have an alarm :D

It still works the same.

kjeeper10 12-10-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

It still works the same.

Drove my Tj for 10 years. It did have a chime but only beeped a few times... I think... Right, I forgot :hide:

kfdjason7620 12-10-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10

Drove my Tj for 10 years. It did have a chime but only beeped a few times... I think... Right, I forgot :hide:

Haha the only chime mine has is when its telling me to find a gas station!! :hide:

kfdjason7620 12-10-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfdjason7620
Hmmmm I wonder if this will work in the wife's xk???? Luckily, my tjs cough cough "computer", don't give a dam if its hooked in or not, but I wear it when I need to

Nope, didn't work on her jeep

kjeeper10 12-10-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfdjason7620

Haha the only chime mine has is when its telling me to find a gas station!! :hide:

Ya remember that.

Idiot light was there :)