Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Member Sites (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f31/)
-   -   Nevada Shooters (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f31/nevada-shooters-31197.html)

VegasWrangler 05-27-2009 04:44 PM

Nevada Shooters

It's not Jeep related though.

Nevada Shooters

h2otoo 05-28-2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasWrangler (Post 378511)
It's not Jeep related though.

Nevada Shooters

Oh, I don't know about that. Back in "the day", Uncle Sam gave me a gun to shoot and a jeep to drive. That kinda makes them related in my book:D.

Bob

VegasWrangler 05-28-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2otoo (Post 378963)
Oh, I don't know about that. Back in "the day", Uncle Sam gave me a gun to shoot and a jeep to drive. That kinda makes them related in my book:D.

Bob

Actually at our last meet a guy showed up with a lifted TJ. They're great for reaching the more remote hunting/plinking areas in the desert.

I'm the top poster over there (or should I say post whore), member number 2.

Anybody living nearby or planning a visit can join. We had a guy in Germany join and I think some members are taking him out shooting. Something we do very often!

h2otoo 05-28-2009 09:55 AM

I will keep an eye on that one. I am in the process of moving, and one of my "requirements" for the new home was it had to be someplace where I could shoot in the backyard. Not asking much, but not something I can do here in eastern MA.

Bob

VegasWrangler 05-28-2009 10:13 AM

I can't literally shoot in my backyard, but if I take the Jeep or atv off the road near my neighborhood, I can shoot there.

h2otoo 05-28-2009 10:33 AM

That counts. I use to go to the gun club then missed my payment and got a nasty little letter and a late fee added on (just my procrastinating) anyhow, I never answered it, so good by gun club:). Anyhow, I like plinking in the yard and may even set up a little range in the (new house's) basement. Have not told the wife about that one yet:rofl:

Bob

h2otoo 05-28-2009 10:34 AM

You don't know anybody from "Small Arms Review" out that way?

VegasWrangler 05-28-2009 11:03 AM

What's a basement? We don't have those in NV.

No, never heard of Small Arms Review.

h2otoo 05-28-2009 12:22 PM

You should have a basement. It is a place that collects water:), a good thing to have in NV, I would think.

Here is a link to SAR, just FYI stuff. The editor use to have a place in Maine till he moved out there: Home Small Arms Review

Bob

VegasWrangler 05-28-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2otoo (Post 379094)
You should have a basement. It is a place that collects water:), a good thing to have in NV, I would think.

Here is a link to SAR, just FYI stuff. The editor use to have a place in Maine till he moved out there: Home Small Arms Review

Bob

Not much water around here. We get about 3" of precipitation a year. And it all comes in a few short bursts. It NEVER rains here. I'm in the southern desert part though.

Wow, they are literally right down the street from me.

h2otoo 05-28-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasWrangler (Post 379097)
Not much water around here. We get about 3" of precipitation a year. And it all comes in a few short bursts. It NEVER rains here. I'm in the southern desert part though.

THAT'S way you need a basement, yuk yuk.

Even with the wet basements, nor'easters (summer and winter) and black flies, I will take New England any day. Although a nice no income tax state like NV would be a big plus. (NH has no income tax, but the property taxes are insane.)

h2otoo 05-28-2009 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=
Wow, they are literally right down the street from me.[/QUOTE]

You should drop in. Dan Shea is a decent guy to talk to. Tell him Bob Clark, his "neighbor" from Harmony, Maine (I had a hunting camp on 30 ac's there, eventually sold it to Dan (darn near gave it to him)) says "HI"

Bob

VegasWrangler 05-28-2009 12:47 PM

Well I meet a ton of people in the firearms business around town, so if I cross paths I'll remember that.