Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Classifieds Archive (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/)
-   -   GenRight gas tank skid for TJ: FLORDIA (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/genright-gas-tank-skid-for-tj-flordia-31324.html)

lost 05-29-2009 09:54 PM

GenRight gas tank skid for TJ: FLORDIA
 
Florida


Gen-Right Heavy Duty Gas Tank Skid Plate

Quote:

This is the GenRight Crawler Gas tank skid plate for the Jeep TJ or Jeep LJ Unlimited.

* Heavy Duty replaces your stock skid plate to better protect the stock gas tank from being damaged
* New design has a dimple in center for proper fit of stock gas tank
* Wrap around tank coverage has proper drainage
* Integrated "dimple" for in-tank fuel pump
* Better ground clearance (about 1" more clearance)
* Utilizes all the stock Jeep mounting points, nuts and straps (no drilling)
* Powder Coated with a satin black finish
* Made from Heavy Duty 3/16 steel plate
* Easy to install with basic hand tools
* Includes complete installation instructions with pictures
florida
I have this skid plate for sale. It raises the gas tank higher than stock. I have had it installed for a little over a year and it is in very good condition. No rock rash :D

I think it cost me between 350-375 shipped to my door. Make an offer. I have untill the end of this weekend to decide if I am going to sell it or not. I will also help install it if needed.

I want $1273.00 for this skid but I am accepting offers.
PM me with offers.

Thanks,
-Matt

bmanrkg3 05-29-2009 10:57 PM

fix your price... a grand for a skid plate.. must me made o' gold ;-)

j.buff. 05-30-2009 10:02 AM

$100 dolla

jdhallissey 05-30-2009 10:43 AM

I think he wants 273.

j.buff. 05-31-2009 02:16 AM

i can get a brand new aluminum savvy offroad one at my door for $269

GrnTJ 05-31-2009 03:09 PM

Aluminum = garbage for skid plates. It is not going to hold up like steel will and when it does get damaged it will crack instead of bend. Besides, genright makes great stuff too. Id deff. trust that skid. If nothing else, heres a bump for ya lost.

activelydying 05-31-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.buff. (Post 380593)
i can get a brand new aluminum savvy offroad one at my door for $269

I would think aluminum and any kind of armor, be it gas tank, diff cover or anything, shouldn't be used in the same sentence. That's just my opinion though. :)

j.buff. 05-31-2009 10:48 PM

Im just going off of these threads. The product seems to be legit and I think it would be worth trying out. I know that the guy who started both of the threads (Jerry) is pretty smart when it comes to jeeps, and he is runnin a lot harder stuff than I ever will be. There is no reason to spend over $200 on a year old used skid if i can get a brand new one that will hold up to what Im working with IMO. Sorry to jack the classified, but i guess I'll just shoot for a different skid.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/new-...rls-30497.html

New gas tank skid plate... can you say aluminum? - JeepForum.com

activelydying 06-01-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by activelydying (Post 380871)
I would think aluminum and any kind of armor, be it gas tank, diff cover or anything, shouldn't be used in the same sentence. That's just my opinion though. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.buff. (Post 381035)
Im just going off of these threads. The product seems to be legit and I think it would be worth trying out. I know that the guy who started both of the threads (Jerry) is pretty smart when it comes to jeeps, and he is runnin a lot harder stuff than I ever will be. There is no reason to spend over $200 on a year old used skid if i can get a brand new one that will hold up to what Im working with IMO. Sorry to jack the classified, but i guess I'll just shoot for a different skid.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/new-...rls-30497.html

New gas tank skid plate... can you say aluminum? - JeepForum.com


OK, I stand corrected. I'm just a loser. :(

GrnTJ 06-01-2009 09:39 PM

I am still skeptical of the overall durability of an aluminum skid plate versus a steel one. Jerry is extremely knowledgeable and I highly regard his experience and opinion but a skid plate like that hasnt been offered yet so I guess we'll ahve to see. Considering they are using 6061 aluminum it will no doubt be very tough and it seems the design will add a large amount of rigidy. But again, most people are only familiar with steel skid plates so I am extremely interested to see how that thing does. I can also see the massive benefits in the weight savings you would gain. Sorry to hi jack the thread, Im done now:D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.