Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Need some help!!!!!!!!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/need-some-help-320321.html)

TABORNATOR 09-30-2013 10:10 PM

Need some help!!!!!!!!!

Driving my 09 2dr Rubicon and it started to jerk to the right pretty bad, it continued to do this until I turned off the traction control. Got home and parked the Jeep but when I drove it later on it started it again and then the ABS light came on along with the traction light and one other light? Just got the jeep and don't have a clue what this could be......also it sounds like something is slightly grinding when you hit the gas in just the right spot between accelerate and coast ??????????????????:pullinghair:

TheIronWolf 09-30-2013 10:18 PM

Ouch, sorry man. I hope some experts here will help you to figure this out....

Kevlars 10-01-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronWolf (Post 4990753)
Ouch, sorry man. I hope some experts here will help you to figure this out....

When you are driving straight is the steering wheel level and not cocked to one side?

gantulga 10-01-2013 01:43 AM

could be faulty brake pads or parking brake not fully disingaging. does the steering need correction? does it only coast real bad after a slight bump? if so, you might need to change bushings.
Since we are not seeing your truck, we cannot give you exact advice. best way is to visit your mechanic and have him checkout front axle and brakes.

TABORNATOR 10-01-2013 08:41 AM

It was driving perfect ......it started all this out of the blue. Steering wheel seems to be straight. Thought it may be a wheel speed sensor because it seemed to stop when I turned off the traction control but soon after all the warning lights came on.

ESP 10-01-2013 08:49 AM

Is your jeep lifted + did you center the steering wheel?

TABORNATOR 10-01-2013 10:23 AM

It is lifted and I bought it that way. It is going to Chrysler today to hopefully rectify this issue. This is why I named her "Pain in the ASS"!!!

JKjingle 10-01-2013 10:46 AM

My jeep did the exact thing after I lifted and my steering wheel wasn't centered (had to run my stepmom somewhere). The grinding noise is the ESP system trying to correct a slide it's braking on certain wheels which is making you jerk around. This went on for about 5 minutes then the computer knew something was wrong and it shut off all ESP and ABS functions and the warning lights came up. Your steering wheel only has to be off by 5 degrees for issues to occur. If it is centered you may have a dead wheel sensor or something else the dealer will sort you out.

Getnoff 10-01-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKjingle (Post 5001993)
My jeep did the exact thing after I lifted and my steering wheel wasn't centered (had to run my stepmom somewhere). The grinding noise is the ESP system trying to correct a slide it's braking on certain wheels which is making you jerk around. This went on for about 5 minutes then the computer knew something was wrong and it shut off all ESP and ABS functions and the warning lights came up. Your steering wheel only has to be off by 5 degrees for issues to occur. If it is centered you may have a dead wheel sensor or something else the dealer will sort you out.

Agreed.
Troy

Tweak 10-01-2013 09:58 PM

any codes? I would assume there is a code for wheel speed sensor, which is what I am leaning towards. it takes my 13 a good bit of crookedness in the steering wheel (enough to say "damn thats crooked!") for my ESP to go nuts.

TABORNATOR 10-03-2013 01:43 PM

Well the dealer I bought it from ( Evolution Auto Sales) in Sanford Florida opted to not send it to the Chrysler dealership. Instead they replaced the wheel sensor and figured all was well. I show up to get my Jeep and noticed that the steering wheel is still slightly leaning to the passenger side. I explained it to the service manager but he insisted that it was fixed. I got 5 miles away and everything started again. Needles to say they were shocked that the problem was still there. They still have my Jeep and decided to send it out to a "Special Shop" for lifted vehicles LOL!!!! I did make it a point to tell the manager that if the steering is out of alignment even 5 degrees it could fail and mentioned that replacing the wheel hub assembly may be a good idea also. FML!!!!!!!!! I just want my Jeep back and i working order......... (still frustrated)

TABORNATOR 10-03-2013 01:49 PM

They didnt mention any codes, and when the ABS lights came on along with the steering stabilizer light they only stayed on 20 min....... by the time I got back to the dealer they were off! ????

doufus1 10-04-2013 06:01 AM

Just had the same issue fixed. Wheel hub was worn to the point it was wobbling a small amount. The wheel speed sensor picked the small wobble up. Thought the wheel was turning at a different rate to the others. Causes the traction control, Esp to kick in. $350 to get it fixed.

TABORNATOR 10-04-2013 10:14 AM

350? I just checked on parts and Moog Replacement part is only $150.00. I think $350.00 sounds a bit much. But that will be the next thing I try.

1st - New Wheel Sensor..............
2nd - Full 4 Wheel Alignment........
3rd - New hub Assembly.............. I Don't think there is anything else to fix is there?

Tweak 10-04-2013 04:56 PM

before you take it and leave it somewhere for a few days why not take a 15mm wrench and spend 5 minutes centering your wheel?

doufus1 10-05-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TABORNATOR (Post 5083649)
350? I just checked on parts and Moog Replacement part is only $150.00. I think $350.00 sounds a bit much. But that will be the next thing I try.

1st - New Wheel Sensor..............
2nd - Full 4 Wheel Alignment........
3rd - New hub Assembly.............. I Don't think there is anything else to fix is there?

Don't forget i'm talking Aussie money.

TABORNATOR 10-05-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweak (Post 5092617)
before you take it and leave it somewhere for a few days why not take a 15mm wrench and spend 5 minutes centering your wheel?

Just bought this one so I want them to fix it if it needs to be fixed. Talked to them Yesterday and they said they ordered 2 new upper control arms and all new shocks plus (superposed) fixed the issue. They had to order the new parts so they will be here on Monday so should be riding Dirty again by Tuesday. I normally turn all my own wrenches but like I said they need to fix this issue and I am just learning about the JK's and all this electronic CRAP!!! My TJ's and YJ's didn't have all this crud!!

TABORNATOR 10-08-2013 09:27 PM

Ok got the Jeep back and it no longer pulls to the left and the ABS light is not coming on !!!!!!!! BUT! I have a grinding noise coming from the right side? Not brakes but maybe something to do with the ABS?????

Wacky 10-08-2013 09:40 PM

Maybe a steering angle sensor? They have been known to do the same thing. Not sure if it is on a Jeep. Just a thought.

Thornwood 10-08-2013 10:07 PM

maybe a caliper hung up, you could jack up a wheels and see if they spins freely

Patriot12 10-08-2013 10:16 PM

I am getting a 1.75 inch suspension lift with shocks on my 2007 Sahara. I have 28 inch nitto trail grapplers with 18" stick rims. I am think about putting on 31" trail grapplers with the kit...any thoughts on what I should do about the tires?

TABORNATOR 10-09-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot12 (Post 5209489)
I am getting a 1.75 inch suspension lift with shocks on my 2007 Sahara. I have 28 inch nitto trail grapplers with 18" stick rims. I am think about putting on 31" trail grapplers with the kit...any thoughts on what I should do about the tires?

Not trying to be a jerk but maybe you should start your own thread. Trying not to get side tracked on my own issues bro!

TABORNATOR 10-09-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thornwood (Post 5209289)
maybe a caliper hung up, you could jack up a wheels and see if they spins freely

Took the wheel off today and there was no dirt or debris in the caliper or near the rotor plus the wheel seemed to spin just fine. I can't believe I am the only one with this issue! Just sounds like something is scrubbing ???????? I said F-it and ordered a new MOOG wheel hub assembly another 150 bucks.