Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Whats your favorite thing about owning/driving a jeep (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/whats-your-favorite-thing-about-owning-driving-a-jeep-32844.html)

JDsDream 07-04-2009 12:22 PM

Whats your favorite thing about owning/driving a jeep

I searched through I don't know how many threads to see if this existed and couldn't find it. So I'd like to know what owning and driving your Jeep do for you. I love the freedom. How about you?

Dare2BSquare 07-04-2009 12:25 PM

Two words: Hot Chicks. ;)

jgano23 07-04-2009 12:52 PM

it has everything you could want in a vehicle: a convertible that can off road. plus i like the sense of belonging that you get from all of the other jeepers.

nvr-enough 07-04-2009 04:06 PM

My favorite part is spending thousands of dollars to lift it and armor. So much junk being added that i won't be able to drive it for years... :D

jerryj 07-04-2009 04:26 PM

jeeps are just the best all around, but once again on the way to the parade this morning with her hair whipping in the wind my 4 year old told me I was the best daddy in the world for getting her a jeep and thanked me for the 100th time.She even said I can get another one.I sat in camp for the last 3 years w my baby girl while every one else rode bikes.Not any more and now they all have something for me to carry for them in my air conditioned Quad w stereo and ice chest.Seems like they all turn to the jeeps when ever any thing goes wrong.

crasha9 07-04-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare (Post 396843)
Two words: Hot Chicks. ;)

:)

Barrie 07-04-2009 04:37 PM

It's just a great all around, all season vehicle. What other vehicle can you put the top down AND take the doors off.:D

birdhunter 07-04-2009 05:14 PM

:wavey:THE WAVE:wavey::D
its just a jeep thing
Brotherhood:cool:
Its just more Everything:punk:

Sorry I have been at a BBQ
and jack was more then just in the sauce:D

N39-W120 07-04-2009 06:42 PM

The smile and pure pleasure from top down driving

stevens243 07-04-2009 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It takes center stage at my photo ops and hides any PG13+ type activities:

Attachment 9542

turdhurdler 07-04-2009 08:00 PM

I see you are charging the flash light again. :rofl::rofl:

Jeff

jupiterboy 07-04-2009 08:27 PM

Watching my wife take it to work on a snowy and day knowing that if she winds up in a ditch she can just drive out.

tarheel 07-04-2009 09:37 PM

Giving my daughter driving lessons (manual trans) and she came to the end of a road in a new housing development. She did not want to attempt a 3 point turn so I just put it 4wd and we drove thru all the cleared lots the rest of the way (each lot was 8-10 feet different height so lots of off camber driving).:punk:

q8jeeper 07-04-2009 10:05 PM

i love the fact that u can take everything out with 2 or 3 tools and u have sooo many accessories + the fact i can hit any sidewalk and not worry about how high it is :)

whitebomber 07-05-2009 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdhunter (Post 396902)
:wavey:THE WAVE:wavey::D
its just a jeep thing
Brotherhood:cool:

^ x2 ... and it just looks so cool. Can't wait to add a 2-dr to the fold.

AKWrangler 07-05-2009 12:25 PM

I will never own another vehicle again!. I love that little jeep, and the motor is like the every ready bunny, it's just keeps going and going. I have a 167k on it now and it just keeps right on running. I love the top and taking the doors off, it can't get any better than that!

wreckchick 07-06-2009 09:36 AM

I am a tinkerer. I love to mess with stuff.

With Jeep, there's always something to do.

Plus I love walking out into the parking lot to find people staring at Jeep and watching their jaws drop when I jump up in it. For some reason my Jeep is always assumed to be a dude's.

Oh, and the scurrying of cars and people out of my way since they know that I can, and will, run their asses over if they don't move.

Rachel

edit to add: and what the heck would I do with all this money I have just laying around if I couldn't spend it on Jeep parts?

KBR97 07-06-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevens243 (Post 396951)
It takes center stage at my photo ops and hides any PG13+ type activities:

Attachment 9542

caught RED handed!:rofl::rofl:

My favorite thing about owning a Jeep is that Jeeps are just BADASS! plain and simple, nothing more to add.......badass:punk:

Joe Dirt 07-06-2009 12:39 PM

I love driving down the street and getting caught behind a line of cars from a crash and blocked road. I make a hard right and drive off-road across a field until I'm clear of the problem, then pop back up on the road. I love the look of envy the other drivers have. Poor car driving people.:punk:

jcf 07-06-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wreckchick (Post 397424)
I am a tinkerer. I love to mess with stuff.

With Jeep, there's always something to do.

Plus I love walking out into the parking lot to find people staring at Jeep and watching their jaws drop when I jump up in it. For some reason my Jeep is always assumed to be a dude's.

Oh, and the scurrying of cars and people out of my way since they know that I can, and will, run their asses over if they don't move.

Rachel

edit to add: and what the heck would I do with all this money I have just laying around if I couldn't spend it on Jeep parts?

I don't actually love the thought of people watching my Jeep but it is kind of funny when I came out of a resturaunt last week there were a heap of guys looking & standing around,they were polite & asked me some things & I was feeling pretty good when I could answer their questions without hesitation. Jeeps are THE only vehicle to own even if you are female :punk:

Kiser10 07-06-2009 05:18 PM

The Freedom:)

InfernoGirl 07-07-2009 12:17 AM

The smile driving it puts on my face! :D

cavediverjc 07-07-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Dirt (Post 397479)
I love driving down the street and getting caught behind a line of cars from a crash and blocked road. I make a hard right and drive off-road across a field until I'm clear of the problem, then pop back up on the road. I love the look of envy the other drivers have. Poor car driving people.:punk:

I hear ya. We motorcycling folks call cars/trucks "cages". I don't consider my Jeep a cage, though. You're trapped in a cage, but I never feel trapped in my Jeep. If anything, I feel more liberated in my Jeep than in anything else I drive/ride!!

TJ Wrangler 07-07-2009 09:52 AM

the ruggedness of the ride, how easily it can be customized to become your own, everyone waves :wavey:, the infinate posibilities that can be performed in a jeep, girls dig them and like a lot of people said its my freedom.

lost1 07-07-2009 05:04 PM

Let me get this straight, they make another vehicle like this?

joemd60 07-07-2009 07:04 PM

I love my jeep! And I agree with JG and others, it is a convertible for the summer months and great for those winter snow storms.
It is also a blast to drive! Today we had some torrential rain and it was pretty bad. It turns out the road I wanted to get home was under 3 ft. of water. The city was making everyone car turn around but they let me through since I knew the guys from working with them.I have to say I was like a little kid driving through this wall of water while I had an audience form the neighbors.
All the while I was smiling saying to myself this is why I love my jeep,not to mention the jeep wave and it just feels good to belong to something. I were my wranglerforum.com across my bumper proudly, I have said it before you guys are a great bunch of people.:)

KawiTJ 05-06-2010 08:08 AM

tons of things to always mess with, bad, good, or mods... fun to drive... and tons of noises from who knows where :flipoff:

Exer79 05-06-2010 01:59 PM

There are lots of reasons..
1. The feeling of freedom while driving with the top down and the radio on full blast just to hear it.
2. The looks of envy of from non Jeepers.
3. Knowing that is a VW Bug cuts me off in traffic I have the ability to squash them like a... well bug. lol
4. Knowing that if the inside gets dirty you can pretty much take it all out to clean with not all to much effort.
5. Having one of the few vehicles out there that has so many aftermarket products you can almost build a jeep from them alone.

I could keep going but those are my top 5. lol

Jerry Bransford 05-06-2010 02:01 PM

The two coolest things I dig about my TJ...

1) Rock crawling on a great trail with the top off with good friends.
2) Cruising the streets with the top off on a warm summer day with the stereo playing good sounds like the Beach Boys, Stones, etc.. Seeing the envious looks of guys driving their soccer-mom vans just makes it even better. :D

mrcarcrazy 05-06-2010 02:05 PM

1.) If its dirty, I don't feel obligated to wash it.
2.) I can drive/park it Anywhere I damn well please.
3.) I can throw stuff in the back, and its like having a truck, a smaller, better looking truck.
4.) the top comes off - apparently this is a prerequisite for me to buy a vehicle...all 3 are convertables.