Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Motobilt 50" LED light bar brackets - installed

13K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Motobilt 
#1 ·
I recently installed a set of 50" LED light bar brackets from Motobilt and I couldn't be happier.
Jeep Wrangler TJ / LJ 50" LED Light Bar Mount Motobilt, Inc.

I wanted to document a bit of the installation, but mostly highlight the key features that separate these brackets from the others on the market. In my experienced opinion, I can without hesitation say that these are the best brackets on the market....no one else need apply.
I want to mention that I swapped over to these brackets from a set of PSC mounts (for sale :) ). While the PSC mounts get the basic job done, they have a few 'short comings'.

On to the Motobilt mounts....
You will receive the brackets heavily protected for shipment. When you get them out of the box, you will find the two brackets and a bag of stainless hardware.

This is where I will point out the design features of these brackets that set it apart from the other options on the market.

The basics.....
- 3/16" steel
- room to hide wires
- full windshield coverage
- designed to accept import brands of light bars
- stainless hardware
- light sits below 'roof' line
- option of lower light tab welded on

Looking at the backside of each bracket, you will see an additional piece of 3/16" steel welded to the actual mounting locations. This 'spacer' is used to create space behind the bracket to run the wires from the light.
In the same picture, you can see the bend line about halfway up the bracket. This simple, small bend is not noticeable while mounted on the Jeep, but it keeps the bracket formed as close to the windshield frame as possible.

I sent mine off to my local powder coater for my typical matte black finish.

You can see how well the light bar wires run down between the windshield frame and the brackets.
I run my wires along the hinge and then under the cowl.

Here are a couple pictures of them mounted. You will notice from the side shots that the brackets extend from the very top of the windshield frame, down to the bottom bolt of the frame/hinge. This not only gives you full coverage of the frame, but just looks so much better than other versions out there.
You can also see the lower light tabs that I had added on.

Personally, I give these brackets a 10 out of 10. The attention to all of the details is what sets them apart from the competition. They suit my needs perfectly, and to top it off, Motobilt has been a great company to deal with.

See less See more
#5 ·
The 50" light bar, 2x3 cubes, and 13" light bar on my bumper are all lights that I sell.

Each of the lights are stunning, especially the 50". It's funny to see people's faces when you light up the cubes or the 13" bar, just to tell them that the 50" is several times brighter.

I also run a 21" on my F-250, and soon a 50" :)

#9 ·
Can i get a price list too? Interested in getting one to go on my front bumper to replace busted kc lights

#12 ·
#10 ·
Price list as well please. How fast can you ship out?

#20 ·
I plan on the 50 & 3x3. I will turn the 3x3 to the side tho. I am alyways looking off to my sides to check my path and other paths i can take. As of now i have a flashlight that i stick out my window. The 50" will light the way infront of me and i hope the 3x3 will be enough to show my sides.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.