Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Tennessee Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f64/)
-   -   Moving to TN. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f64/moving-to-tn-33352.html)

catsknr 07-16-2009 01:10 PM

Moving to TN.

Hi all, well the wife and I are going to be moving to Tn. here in a month, to Clarksville to be specific. I would like to know how the wheeling is out that way. I heard that it is mostly flat land with forest and mostly mud. I HATE mud. Are there any rocks. If no rocks, maybe I should sell the heep and buy a subaru.
Let me know.
Gary

jpdocdave 07-16-2009 05:52 PM

i'm jealous, i want to move to tn. i wanna kow about the wheeling to though.

Stumpy 07-18-2009 11:25 PM

Don't know about clarksville but I live in Chattanooga and we have lots of wheeling and lots of rocks close by.

Tellico, Blairsville, Etna, Prince Cooper(some rocks), several others, let me know when you get in the area, I will try to find some addresses for you.

yardfab 07-28-2009 08:18 AM

There is a place called Land Between the Lakes that is really nice. In Your area there is several Off Road Parks. Several are visited by the TV show Extreme 4x4 and are really nice facilites that are built for crawling and some mud. They are more geared toward obstical and skill driving.

duckJeepsterTJ 08-02-2009 03:19 PM

Well i live in west tennessee and the ridin is alright theirs not much crawlin just a ton of mudd and trail

Piattn 08-05-2009 07:17 AM

They don't call us rocky top for nothin'.

hcso617 01-03-2010 01:40 PM

Turkey Bay at land between the lakes. Has everything you want. Great place to wheel, it will host another Jeep jamboree this year. I'm about 1 hour West of Clarksville, if I can answer any questions feel free to shoot me a pm.

Backroad 01-12-2010 07:48 PM

I live close to LBL and go through the park frequently. The only place in LBL that you can wheel is Turkey bay ( actually into KY about 2 miles on the Trace), Other than that in LBL there are alot of back roads and trails that you can ride in the park. There is a place in Summertown that you can check out online "Wheelin in the Country" with some rocks though. Hope this helps

salomon767 02-15-2010 09:43 PM

what uppp. i just moved to dahlonega ga. close to TN.

Kate 04-18-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catsknr (Post 402598)
Hi all, well the wife and I are going to be moving to Tn. here in a month, to Clarksville to be specific. I would like to know how the wheeling is out that way. I heard that it is mostly flat land with forest and mostly mud. I HATE mud. Are there any rocks. If no rocks, maybe I should sell the heep and buy a subaru.
Let me know.
Gary

Dang, I'd have traded TN for NV any ol day!

K.

florida boy 05-23-2010 10:15 AM

good spots are in LBL some rocks gardens but not the NV/ so cal dezert. I lived outside of barstow and I sold one of my quads when I moved here. not much riding aera here.

catsknr 01-09-2011 12:07 AM

Update!

Quote:

Originally Posted by catsknr (Post 402598)
Let me know.
Gary

Well I tried TN for one year, COULDNT STAND IT!!!! Now Im back in NV. 30 minutes from the Rubicon, Miles and miles of open trails that you dont have to pay to ride on.( that was my biggest gripe, had to pay to play wherever you went or risk getting shot) mountain lakes with great trout fishing, beautiful mountain scenery, pine trees, in other words "Gods Country". Hopefully I will never have to step foot back in TN. (sorry, I do not mean to offend)
So anyway, good bye TN...... Hello FREEDOM!

drbandkgb 01-09-2011 12:20 AM

Well TN is right for the right people... :) I love it here.. yes we do have to pay to play but that's what happens when you live in an area full of people.. some of my favorite places to wheel is in east TN.. the hills are great.. I live in Middle Tennessee and couldn't see my self any where else.. good luck to you out west

4 ever in a jeep 12-11-2013 06:58 AM

welcome to clarksville turkey bay is fun but extreamly busy on the weekends.