Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Rampage rear bumper w/ tire carrier pics? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/rampage-rear-bumper-w-tire-carrier-pics-334609.html)

appleman46 10-09-2013 07:06 PM

Rampage rear bumper w/ tire carrier pics?
 
I'm about to buy this to match my front bumper, any of you guys running this particular bumper? Thoughts?

jkmohican 10-09-2013 08:50 PM

I'm running the front one, not the rear just yet. But from what I've heard from kbwwolf, he says he loves it and matches perfect and wouldn't opt for any other rear bumper. Try PMing him, I personally love the look of the rear, just haven't gotten around to ordering it just yet.

akpayne 10-09-2013 09:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Had the bumper for over a year, powder coat need to be touched up several times and the back side is open and collects the dirt and mud.
Tire carrier swings easily if properly and frequently greased. For the price it has been great bang for the buck.
Things I wish it had:
Hilift jack points
A place to mount a hilift
Option to mount other tools like shovel, Jerry cans.
An enclosed back side.

Would I recommend this bumper - yes.
The only other rear bumper I would consider is the aev, but with the tire carrier the rampage is half the price if not more.

appleman46 10-10-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akpayne (Post 5238153)
Had the bumper for over a year, powder coat need to be touched up several times and the back side is open and collects the dirt and mud.
Tire carrier swings easily if properly and frequently greased. For the price it has been great bang for the buck.
Things I wish it had:
Hilift jack points
A place to mount a hilift
Option to mount other tools like shovel, Jerry cans.
An enclosed back side.

Would I recommend this bumper - yes.
The only other rear bumper I would consider is the aev, but with the tire carrier the rampage is half the price if not more.

I wish it had those things too, but it's great looking and I'll know the bumpers aren't matching if I go a different route. How do you have your lights wired?

appleman46 10-10-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmohican (Post 5237697)
I'm running the front one, not the rear just yet. But from what I've heard from kbwwolf, he says he loves it and matches perfect and wouldn't opt for any other rear bumper. Try PMing him, I personally love the look of the rear, just haven't gotten around to ordering it just yet.


I'm hoping he posts some pics on here. Maybe this bump to the top will get his attention.

kjeeper10 10-10-2013 11:16 AM

KB is a busy man and not on here as much. He'll pop through here and there. Honestly have not seem him for a while.

Find one of his post and dig through his threads.

akpayne 10-10-2013 11:33 AM

I ran power from the battery and have them run off a switch on a rugged ridge a-pillar pod.
They have come in handy on a couple of night runs when the guy behind me needed to see under his hood.

appleman46 10-10-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 5252105)
KB is a busy man and not on here as much. He'll pop through here and there. Honestly have not seem him for a while.

Find one of his post and dig through his threads.

Will do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akpayne (Post 5252713)
I ran power from the battery and have them run off a switch on a rugged ridge a-pillar pod.
They have come in handy on a couple of night runs when the guy behind me needed to see under his hood.

This sounds like just the excuse I need to buy the sPOD. I'm installing some a-pillar mounted lights too, and the spod would make everything that much easier.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.