Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Pics of pinion angle. Question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/pics-of-pinion-angle-question-34138.html)

jdhallissey 08-01-2009 08:32 PM

Pics of pinion angle. Question
 
How much do you guys/gals think I will gain in up travel when my pinion angle is corrected with adjustable uppers? I have reordered the SYE for the 3rd time now and adjustable uppers. Any Idears?:banghead:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...IMG_6329-1.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/IMG_6331.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/IMG_6336.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/IMG_6333.jpg

In the last picture at the top of the shock there is right around 2inch of up travel. (Not good for a smoother ride)

jpdocdave 08-01-2009 08:41 PM

up travel w/ pinion angle?

jdhallissey 08-01-2009 08:43 PM

dave you smokin again lol. When I rotate the pinion up the shocks will get more up travel due to the axle rotating under the truck. Meaning I might not have to change them. So the question was how much will it rotate with adjustable uppers? 3in? 4in?

jpdocdave 08-01-2009 08:53 PM

you weren't real specific about the shocks. not enough to make those shocks work.

when you get your sye, you don't wanna go jackin up that rear pinion like we have to w/ yj's i don't think.... maybe a tj guy can chime in, but its better to not have to do that, you don't wanna go changing the angle the springs and control arms are at i don't think.

jdhallissey 08-01-2009 08:58 PM

I know from what I have researched that you want for the SYE the pinion to be pointing at the sye output. So that would be like 25 degrees up into the air from where it is at now.

350chevrolet 08-01-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdhallissey (Post 413535)
I know from what I have researched that you want for the SYE the pinion to be pointing at the sye output. So that would be like 25 degrees up into the air from where it is at now.

you are correct with that statement but the rotation of the axle will not give you any noticeable change in shock travel. to continue using those shocks you need more lift.

1BLKJP 08-06-2009 10:26 PM

With as much as you are going to move that pinion you might gain about a half inch or so of your up travel back. But honestly like I've told you on the phone like 3 times now....Go to dave's cut them off and move them and weld them back on. Problem solved. :D

jpdocdave 08-07-2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 416906)
With as much as you are going to move that pinion you might gain about a half inch or so of your up travel back. But honestly like I've told you on the phone like 3 times now....Go to dave's cut them off and move them and weld them back on. Problem solved. :D

hey hey hey, i told him to go to your house :rofl:

1BLKJP 08-08-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdocdave (Post 417021)
hey hey hey, i told him to go to your house :rofl:

He keeps saying he is going to, but I haven't seen shiat yet. :flipoff:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.