Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   MLB tire cover fit 32" P255/70R18 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/mlb-tire-cover-fit-32-p255-70r18-34296.html)

rj5570 08-04-2009 08:47 PM

MLB tire cover fit 32" P255/70R18
 
ok sorry I am a newbie, only had my new jeep for a week and loving it

but i want to get a tire cover and the only MLB ones i can find are like this

CAR TEAM SPARE TIRE COVER ST. LOUIS CARDINALS BASEBALL - eBay (item 350233089307 end time Aug-27-09 18:37:32 PDT)

I am pretty sure my rims are 16" but I have 32" tires on them. description on this item and all other items like this say fit up to 16"" rim, will this fit my tire?

donnie 08-06-2009 11:09 AM

If its any help, try here. They may have what your looking for.
Factory Jeep Parts, Accessories, Cherokee, Liberty Wrangler

rj5570 08-07-2009 11:08 AM

Doesn't look like they do. But I did find out that the one I was looking at wont fit a 32" tire. I only found 1 that had a STL Cardinals tire cover that fits, but its like 100 dollars. a bit too much for a tire cover I thought.

dannyheep 08-29-2009 12:48 AM

I have a Sahara Unlimited with the big tires (18") that rate 255/70 R18. Every tire cover chart I've seen says that size equates to 32". Haven't received my cover yet (should be coming next week), but -- maybe I'm being dense -- I can't see how the rim size factors (completely) into the overall diameter of the tire. You can have big rims and small tires or vice-versa. I've seen some crazy stuff in NYC.

Go out and look at your tires... the R"XX" will tell you the size of your rims. If you have R18, you have 18" rims... R16, you have 16" rims. Which leads to my confusion. If the item says P255/70R18 (which describes an 18" rim) why does the description says it only fits up to 16"ers? Sounds to me that the problem may be more with the eBay seller than anything else.

whitebomber 08-29-2009 06:07 AM

We've got the stock 32's and went with a 33in cover. Worked fine and actually gave a bit more slack to run a security cable through it, after I put some grommets on it.

rj5570 08-29-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebomber (Post 431498)
We've got the stock 32's and went with a 33in cover. Worked fine and actually gave a bit more slack to run a security cable through it, after I put some grommets on it.

were did you get yours?

Blackbeard1718 08-29-2009 10:19 AM

RJ!

Here's where I bought my Pirate Cover. If you send them the Tire's Dimensions, they'll make it to fit your tire. If you provide them a pic of exactly what you want, they'll transfer that pic to the cover. That's what I had done. Yeah... a little more expensive than the regular Tire Covers out there, but it is Custom. I'm extremely happy with mine! It came with the Tie-Down in the back of the Cover, and the Grommets to place a Lock in it. I used a Gun Cable Lock, because it was more flexible, and the pad lock fits right into the indention of the Spare Tire on the Bumper.

Custom Tire Covers (Link)

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

rj5570 08-29-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard1718 (Post 431602)
RJ!

Here's where I bought my Pirate Cover. If you send them the Tire's Dimensions, they'll make it to fit your tire. If you provide them a pic of exactly what you want, they'll transfer that pic to the cover. That's what I had done. Yeah... a little more expensive than the regular Tire Covers out there, but it is Custom. I'm extremely happy with mine! It came with the Tie-Down in the back of the Cover, and the Grommets to place a Lock in it. I used a Gun Cable Lock, because it was more flexible, and the pad lock fits right into the indention of the Spare Tire on the Bumper.

Custom Tire Covers (Link)

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

Why o why o why did you give me that link. I am trying not to get a Grateful Dead tire cover and I saw two that I like lol.

Scared that I will scare off the ladies with the Grateful Dead. I figured showing off a Baseball obsession is one thing, but a Grateful Dead obsession is another thing lol. I will have enough trouble once they learned I have seen over 30 shows and I didnt start going to shows until 1990. LOL

Blackbeard1718 08-29-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj5570 (Post 431609)
Why o why o why did you give me that link. I am trying not to get a Grateful Dead tire cover and I saw two that I like lol.

Scared that I will scare off the ladies with the Grateful Dead. I figured showing off a Baseball obsession is one thing, but a Grateful Dead obsession is another thing lol. I will have enough trouble once they learned I have seen over 30 shows and I didnt start going to shows until 1990. LOL

RJ!

Did you see this one on there, and did you notice the NAME? Hmmmmm! Where have I seen that name before? http://www.maxi-scoots.com/postnuke/...iratelaugh.gif

http://www.customjeeptirecovers.net/Bertha.jpg

BERTHA

Cheers!

BB

rj5570 08-29-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard1718 (Post 431618)
RJ!

Did you see this one on there, and did you notice the NAME? Hmmmmm! Where have I seen that name before? http://www.maxi-scoots.com/postnuke/...iratelaugh.gif

http://www.customjeeptirecovers.net/Bertha.jpg

BERTHA

Cheers!

BB

YES! thats the one I was looking at LOL dang! and thats where the name comes from ;)

john's ct jeep 08-29-2009 03:00 PM

my wife bought ours on ebay 1st one didn't fit. 2nd one we told them the tire size and it is a 32" dia. and it fit like a glove. you have to ask. for whatever reason there are two size 32's. that's what happened to us.

Blackbeard1718 08-30-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj5570 (Post 431657)
YES! thats the one I was looking at LOL dang! and thats where the name comes from ;)

RJ!

I'm tellin' ya! It's KISMET! Ya KNOW ya want it! Ya KNOW ya do! Better grab it, before it..... http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...te/th_0032.gif

Cheers!

BB

konakai 03-09-2013 02:55 PM

I had my spare stolen with the Taz cover the night before last. Just got a new wheel and YES, we got the special lock this time.. had them on the 4 tires but forgot about the spare until this happened. Anyway, I went to All things Jeep online and their Taz cover says it does not fit my tire (the Sahara Unlimited original tires are 255/70R18). My husband had bought the original cover on a whim when he saw it (I love Taz) and can't find another one. Is it possible the cover does fit or do you people with experience think there are several models of Taz Back Off covers? thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.