Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Bafoons still hating on JKs (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/bafoons-still-hating-on-jks-345649.html)

rnuover13 10-17-2013 12:19 AM

Bafoons still hating on JKs

Really getting sick of YJ and TJ owners telling me my JK is crap. Kinda sucks that I really appreciate all Jeeps. Yes I have a 3.6 under my hood. I'm proud of it. Bet I got the money to drop even a 6.4 under my hood and then the debate ends right? Point I'm trying to get across, people (like me) appreciate the brand. We shouldn't be comparing our toys, we should be counting them ;-)

legitposter 10-17-2013 12:25 AM

Many many many people are terrified of change. Whatever occurred when they were young adults is cemented in their minds as 'the correct way'. It happens in all aspects of life. Just laugh inside at them and move along.

m998dna 10-17-2013 12:25 AM

Don't take it so personal... vehicles are nothing but hunks of metal.

87_WhyJay 10-17-2013 12:30 AM

They're just jealous and envious. If they say my box stock (for the time being) 2014 JKUR is CRAP, I'll just go home and get my 87 YJ and challenge them to ANY run they want to take as long as their rig is street legal. Got both, respect both, LOVE BOTH!! BUT, I can't even begin to take my STOCK Rubi where my YJ can go.

What I am sick of is 85% of ALL jeep owners never wave any more. I am going to do an experiment. I'm going to pull onto the shoulder, turn on my 4 ways, lift my hood and see how many jeeps pass by before one stops to help. Any bets here. I'll wager at least 25 pass by before one stops. It's a different world (Jeep owner wise) than it was 15 yeas ago when I started wheeling.

rnuover13 10-17-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87_WhyJay (Post 5430553)
They're just jealous and envious. If they say my box stock (for the time being) 2014 JKUR is CRAP, I'll just go home and get my 87 YJ and challenge them to ANY run they want to take as long as their rig is street legal. Got both, respect both, LOVE BOTH!! BUT, I can't even begin to take my STOCK Rubi where my YJ can go. What I am sick of is 85% of ALL jeep owners never wave any more. I am going to do an experiment. I'm going to pull onto the shoulder, turn on my 4 ways, lift my hood and see how many jeeps pass by before one stops to help. Any bets here. I'll wager at least 25 pass by before one stops. It's a different world (Jeep owner wise) than it was 15 yeas ago when I started wheeling.

Thank you sir!!! I love ALL jeeps!!! Why can't people just accept it and move on? Some things people with appreciate more or less from any modern day to old school jeep but seriously, nobody should turn the shoulder on a fellow jeep owners.

m998dna 10-17-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

They're just jealous and envious. If they say my box stock (for the time being) 2014 JKUR is CRAP, I'll just go home and get my 87 YJ and challenge them to ANY run they want to take as long as their rig is street legal. Got both, respect both, LOVE BOTH!! BUT, I can't even begin to take my STOCK Rubi where my YJ can go.

What I am sick of is 85% of ALL jeep owners never wave any more. I am going to do an experiment. I'm going to pull onto the shoulder, turn on my 4 ways, lift my hood and see how many jeeps pass by before one stops to help. Any bets here. I'll wager at least 25 pass by before one stops. It's a different world (Jeep owner wise) than it was 15 yeas ago when I started wheeling.

I get more waves from women in their Jeeps... Your experiment, wager is on unless you dress in drag.

Lol.

krumby 10-17-2013 12:48 AM

When I had my first CJ7 back in the early 80's anybody who had a jeep waved at you. You don't see that anymore at all too many jeeps I would be waving all day!

jkucod12 10-17-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

I bet AAA will be the first to stop and offer help...

Jeeplover1 10-17-2013 12:50 AM

i hate the price and the stock wheels

2004 lj 10-17-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeplover1 (Post 5430889)
i hate the price and the stock wheels

Me too....

jkucod12 10-17-2013 12:55 AM

Got a love those JK heated seats... Cool seats coming 2015...

spinlock 10-17-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Your YJ must be something special. I had one for 7 years and the only two good things about it were: 1. It was Jeep 2. It came from the factory with Olive Drab (flat) paint. IMO, it was clearly the poorest design of the 5 models I have owned.

Regarding waving, many Jeep owners don't even know about Jeep tradition such as waving because they bought it because you can remove the top or they think it is trendy.

michiganadam 10-17-2013 04:23 AM

Whoop em.

xzy 10-17-2013 04:46 AM

Get some new friends.

As for waving, the demographic is changing. In most ways it's good for the survival of the Wrangler. I wave at every CJ, YJ, TJ, and JK. As usual only the JK's wave, and then it's usually a guy. Cj's, Yj's, and TJ's never look at me.

It's their problem I guess.

michiganadam 10-17-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xzy (Post 5432385)
Get some new friends.

As for waving, the demographic is changing. In most ways it's good for the survival of the Wrangler. I wave at every CJ, YJ, TJ, and JK. As usual only the JK's wave, and then it's usually a guy. Cj's, Yj's, and TJ's never look at me.

It's their problem I guess.

Friends? I didnt realize op said they were friends. I dont hang out with people who hate my stuff.

And thats odd about the waving. Most of the tj and yj and cj guys wave at me. No female in a jk waves at me. Only just a few guys do.

For that matter theres a girl in a tj that wont wave at me.

Girls probably think waving means you want them. Theyre so full of themselves like that

kjeeper10 10-17-2013 05:38 AM

Guys/gals .. We have a HUGE wave thread.
OP .... Who give a crap what people think. Please do not turn this into a wave thread or it will have to be closed/redirected.

Why? Because wave threads turn into flame fest and trolling.

Thanks folks

Captain Ed 10-17-2013 06:24 AM

MOD SAYS ; :wavey:=:atomic:=:crash2: = :locked:

OK I'm done playing with the emo's. I have found that most like to talk about Jeeps no matter what era they are from. I have not had anyone yet hate on me for my J/k. I am sure some are out there and I am new but so far so good in my experience.

m998dna 10-17-2013 08:07 AM

This one of those runaway threads ... really don't know what its about, bad friends, bad waves or the worst Jeeps.

Kjeeper, I guess as long as it's respectful it can keep going, right?

:D

kjeeper10 10-17-2013 08:23 AM

It's still up so..... Yes.

We've been seeing way too many of these types of threads. So much hate in this world :(

Yeahbuddy 10-17-2013 08:43 AM

I drive a YJ and The people in the jk's never wave around here. I dont have anything aginst the JK whatsoever. It just seems most people in the new rigs dont wave for some reason.

m998dna 10-17-2013 08:50 AM

This thread is about Balloons hating.. not waving.

erniecast 10-17-2013 08:51 AM

I have owned my Jeep for four months now but have ridden Harleys for years where the wave is part of riding. I had no idea about the Jeep wave until I read about it here and started to look for it and give the wave.
What I am trying to say is that maybe the JK crowd is just not aware of the wave yet.
Give us newbies a chance. You were a newbie at some point also.

kjeeper10 10-17-2013 09:28 AM

Appears folks don't know how to read.

Wave till ones heart is content in here :thumb:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/off...-19088-86.html