Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Other JK owners trying to sabotage yours. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/other-jk-owners-trying-to-sabotage-yours-346073.html)

rnuover13 10-17-2013 11:20 AM

Other JK owners trying to sabotage yours.

So I get home about a week ago and as hop out of my JK there's a couple in the pool area I pass by. I heard the girl say, "that Rubicon is really cool" he then says to his girlfriend, "that's a Barbie Jeep". Stupid prick. I didn't say a word. Just walked away. His girlfriend happens to love my car as well. I also drive a 2008 corvette.

So I walk up on this guy and decided to strike up a convo with him just to kinda break the hatredness he has towards me and my vehicles and I compliment HIS JK. It's a black sport and looks like an older 3.8. It really is a nice one. I asked him how much of a lift he has on his JK and he told me he has a 6 INCH LIFT. clearly it was a 3 inch lift. He acts like he's friendly everyday and keep egging me on to get a 6 inch lift when I know that JKs usually come through with issues in a lift that high.

Is it just me or is this guy trying to sabotage my Jeep and is just jealous about my toys? I don't even want to imagine how shitty other owners can be. I'll just stick to my plans of owning the coolest JK in my complex. Apparently his girl thinks so ;-)

Talisheek 10-17-2013 11:30 AM

In all walks of life, there are people who will tell you how to do things. Usually, they are just trying to appear smarter or better than you are. Once in a blue moon, you might actually find someone who is truly knowledgeable. They will generally be the least forceful in telling you what to do.

kurtz265 10-17-2013 11:30 AM

:atomic:

tomaboyd 10-17-2013 11:35 AM

In front of his girlfriend, of course his 3 inch lift is a 6 inch lift.

He has a lot of time invested in convincing her other things are 6 inches as well, so he doesnt want to blow his story.

rnuover13 10-17-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomaboyd (Post 5439809)
In front of his girlfriend, of course his 3 inch lift is a 6 inch lift. He has a lot of time invested in convincing her other things are 6 inches as well, so he doesnt want to blow his story.

Dude. Great comeback lmao we need to be best friends

NFRs2000NYC 10-17-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnuover13 (Post 5439361)
So I get home about a week ago and as hop out of my JK there's a couple in the pool area I pass by. I heard the girl say, "that Rubicon is really cool" he then says to his girlfriend, "that's a Barbie Jeep". Stupid prick. I didn't say a word. Just walked away. His girlfriend happens to love my car as well. I also drive a 2008 corvette.

So I walk up on this guy and decided to strike up a convo with him just to kinda break the hatredness he has towards me and my vehicles and I compliment HIS JK. It's a black sport and looks like an older 3.8. It really is a nice one. I asked him how much of a lift he has on his JK and he told me he has a 6 INCH LIFT. clearly it was a 3 inch lift. He acts like he's friendly everyday and keep egging me on to get a 6 inch lift when I know that JKs usually come through with issues in a lift that high.

Is it just me or is this guy trying to sabotage my Jeep and is just jealous about my toys? I don't even want to imagine how shitty other owners can be. I'll just stick to my plans of owning the coolest JK in my complex. Apparently his girl thinks so ;-)

I met a number of people like that at various car shows over the years. If the guy is just an idiot, I smile and walk away. If the guy has a bad attitude and is acting and talking like a d!ck, I'll just embarrass him, THEN walk away. Used to see tons of guys running "68psi" on their GT30 turbos, saw tons of people inflating their hp/tq number to comedy levels, etc etc. If you don't know, have the balls to say "I just had a shop do it." Dont sit there and BS people that know what they are talking about. No shame in not knowing, but there is shame in lying.

i82much 10-17-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

You don't have to do or say anything. Just wrap your head around how small you'd have to be to need to put down someone else's ride or exaggerate the size of your lift. That's just beyond sad and, if anything, the guy deserves your pity.

Michel347 10-17-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

He has a lot of time invested in convincing her other things are 6 inches as well, so he doesnt want to blow his story.

:rofl:

This made my day :lmao:

Argent 10-17-2013 11:47 AM

Sleep with his girlfriend and show her your 6" lift

then see who's left laughing :)

otherwise - just ignore the prick - people are a$$holes :P

13rian 10-17-2013 11:57 AM

Oh hell just put a 6" lift on, 37" tires, gusset the axels, stinger bumper, rear bumper with tire carrier and when his GF is drooling over your Jeep you tell her that's what a proper 6" lift looks like:angel:

legitposter 10-17-2013 11:58 AM

He's narcissistic more than anything. He doesn't understand the concept of 'better than his' and for everything that's better there's even more reasons why its not. A Rubicon? It just weighs more and costs more to people who suffer from NPD.

While you theoretically could ask him what his upbringing was like and if he has siblings that were spoiled more than he was, and possibly get to the heart of the problem, you're better off just smiling and waving.

dukedallas 10-17-2013 12:03 PM

Definately make her yours...thats the best payback ever!

JeepCourtney3700 10-17-2013 12:09 PM

Why don't you just step up to his face the next time you hear him say something snide and then ask him to repeat himself. If he does, ask him, "what the **** is your problem?"

Then pause while staring at him dead in the face. And then ask him again what the deal is. Tell him that you don't like his attitude and he'd better step off and back away otherwise things are going to start getting really, really ugly.

Then wait.

If he's an even remotely decent human being he'll get the idea, piss off and leave you alone. But if he's scum and continues his behavior, you'll have to initiate phase two.

What's phase two? Keep us posted on how things go. If the harassment continues, I'll divulge phase two. :)

i82much 10-17-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCourtney3700 (Post 5440633)
Why don't you just step up to his face the next time you hear him say something snide and then ask him to repeat himself. If he does, ask him, "what the **** is your problem?"

Then pause while staring at him dead in the face. And then ask him again what the deal is. Tell him that you don't like his attitude and he'd better step off and back away otherwise things are going to start getting really, really ugly.

Then wait.

If he's an even remotely decent human being he'll get the idea, piss off and leave you alone. But if he's scum and continues his behavior, you'll have to initiate phase two.

What's phase two? Keep us posted on how things go. If the harassment continues, I'll divulge phase two. :)

Make sure you know how to throw a straight right, dropping your weight onto your left foot as you pivot off of your right foot. Transfer your weight down and forward but don't lean forward and get off-balance. Keep your left shoulder forward, elbows in, hands up and chin tucked against your chest in case you miss.

Mikel01 10-17-2013 12:26 PM

Cool thing is mods are an individual thing, I appreciate the efforts. Try dealing with the AMG crowd.

JeepCourtney3700 10-17-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i82much (Post 5440825)
Make sure you know how to throw a straight right, dropping your weight onto your left foot as you pivot off of your right foot. Transfer your weight down and forward but don't lean forward and get off-balance. Keep your left shoulder forward, elbows in, hands up and chin tucked against your chest in case you miss.

Phase two does not involve an ounce of physical violence.

whetstone 10-17-2013 12:29 PM

You boys should just whip 'em out and see who can pee the farthest, or maybe have a push up contest, rap battle, or dance off...

2footin 10-17-2013 12:49 PM

post some pictures of said GF then we will tell you how to proceed...

smud 10-17-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whetstone (Post 5441097)
You boys should just whip 'em out and see who can pee the farthest, or maybe have a push up contest, rap battle, or dance off...

Ooooh, a dance off!

jackor 10-17-2013 12:52 PM

I have a friend who's a little like that but it's with gadgets and other tech toys. Everything i have is dumb and something i was convinced I needed due to marketing, suggestion, and being told they were good. for example, cell phones, tablets, gps, etc. The most interesting thing is these devices suddenly become the most important, most useful things to own once HE gets one which is usually 5-10 yrs after release and reach market saturation. At that point, anyone who doesn't have one is dumb for not recognizing the usefulness of those devices. The latest example is his new android tablet, he's telling me how useful and handy they are to own and how cool it is that the gps mapping and locator service shows almost exactly where you are. Yeah, he's telling ME this...a guy who's had a handheld gps for 15yrs, smart phones since symbians, and went through several gens of ipad and android tablets.

panthermark 10-17-2013 12:52 PM

I doubt if he is trying to sabatoge your vehicle. Ignore him and move on with your life.

/thread

dawhitesJKU 10-17-2013 01:06 PM

No harm no foul

County98 10-17-2013 01:30 PM

Some people are just petty and insecure. They feel if they knock everybody else down they stand taller.

Just be a nice Guy, stay cordial and ignore the fools.

insylem 10-17-2013 01:46 PM

He probably feels threatened by you because his G/F Likes your vehicals possible more then his.

Quote:

302 10-17-2013 01:52 PM

Eh, I never "car talk" to random people. 80% of people are idiots, don't wrench on their own stuff, and rely on the express oil change flunkies to tell them whats wrong with it when it breaks.

My all-time favorite is, "Hey man, what you got done to it? I bet I got a buddy who can beat your car." And to that I say, "Moron, I've been in this scene for A LOONNNNG time, I bet I got a herd of buddies that can beat your buddy's car - on a friggin drag strip!".

Ugh...

dukedallas 10-17-2013 02:12 PM

Even Jeeps have douches as owners. I'd say its a lower volume than other vehicles though.

RB-10rubicon 10-17-2013 02:30 PM

This guy sounds like a one upper .what evet you tell him his is better..hes jelaous of your rubicon .ask his girl if she want to go for a ride

Bear Wrangler 10-17-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...lz-d487tea.jpg

i82much 10-17-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCourtney3700 (Post 5441017)
Phase two does not involve an ounce of physical violence.

That's not necessarily your choice when you decide to confront someone in the manner you suggested.

Besides, if you leave your post open-ended, I don't see why I can't fill in the blanks as I choose. Certainly you are free to express your preferred alternative(s). And I don't see that you really have any choice other than to accept that I have expressed mine.

zenman 10-17-2013 03:00 PM

Ask him if he wants to see your concealed carry card.