Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   RhinoLining a Jeep (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/rhinolining-a-jeep-34700.html)

Geoff@Bestop 08-11-2009 05:51 PM

RhinoLining a Jeep
 
I see a lot of questions on what it's like to do truck lining on an entire Jeep. Well, here at Bestop, we've got an engineer named George who's been building up this CJ. He drives it to work every day now, so I took some shots.

More of this Jeep is over on our blog, and we'll cover it in more depth later on in a video.

But these photos are just about the RhinoLining. George had this done, and says it cost about 2 grand.

Stop by the Bestop Blog for more happiness. And more pictures!

http://www.bestop.com/blog/wp-conten...n5-350x234.jpg

http://www.bestop.com/blog/wp-conten...n1-350x234.jpg

http://www.bestop.com/blog/wp-conten...n2-350x234.jpg

http://www.bestop.com/blog/wp-conten...n7-350x234.jpg

http://www.bestop.com/blog/wp-conten...n8-350x234.jpg

Levinoss 08-11-2009 06:20 PM

2grand to do the entire tub?

Geoff@Bestop 08-11-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levinoss (Post 419637)
2grand to do the entire tub?

Somewhere's in that neighborhood. I didn't press too hard - it's his personal Jeep. But includes inside and out, roll bar, fender flares and rocker panel in black, etc.

1BLKJP 08-12-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levinoss (Post 419637)
2grand to do the entire tub?

Imagine the prep work that went into making the outside surface ready to accept the lining and make it last.

Helomech 08-13-2009 03:02 PM

2 grand? You guys are paying him too much... you hiring? lol

jpdocdave 08-13-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 419916)
Imagine the prep work that went into making the outside surface ready to accept the lining and make it last.

x2......i mean how much does a pro charge to do a pick up truck bed

mrcarcrazy 08-13-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdocdave (Post 421058)
x2......i mean how much does a pro charge to do a pick up truck bed

450-600. based on my research when I had a truck.

4point 08-13-2009 03:19 PM

Do you just Armorall that instead of waxing it. :D

jpdocdave 08-13-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy (Post 421061)
450-600. based on my research when I had a truck.

thats about what i was thinking. i'd say 600 for an interior of a jeep tub is fair, now we're talking about the detail needed to make the exterior look good, i mean a truck bed is just gonna get beat up, not the outside of a vehicle. and a roll bar, and flares. i don't think its all that unfair.

89PBR96 08-13-2009 05:08 PM

I did mine (outside) and i followed the directions to a T and it turned out awesome i'm doing the inside as soon as i by the drivers floor pan and weld it in BY the way that Jeep is awesome

Geoff@Bestop 08-13-2009 05:15 PM

He had -everything- lined. There are also some black pieces, so two colors.
The tub is fiberglasss, so a little less prep work, but he also added some custom work (look close at the fenders). I know the shop had this for quite some time, and it took longer than planned.

This is a shot of the roll bar, which doubles as an air tank. Think of the time to spray all that!

http://www.bestop.com/blog/wp-conten...n3-350x234.jpg

Geoff@Bestop 08-13-2009 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another shot. It is an impressive rig. I like the retro KC's. My blog will do a video soon, and I'll pimp that fact like crazy over here. Gotta get the traffic over at my site!
Attachment 10465

89PBR96 08-13-2009 05:27 PM

Ya i seen the fenders that is freakin awesome mine was a first time like i had told you in my thread after doing it it opens up so many possibilities for random things and really that jeep is bad ass

Geoff@Bestop 08-13-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89PBR96 (Post 421109)
Ya i seen the fenders that is freakin awesome mine was a first time like i had told you in my thread after doing it it opens up so many possibilities for random things and really that jeep is bad ass

I thought you did a great job on yours. I was looking at yours for what I can do on my cj. You know, with a smaller budget than my coworker evidently has.

Levinoss 08-13-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop (Post 421106)
He had -everything- lined. There are also some black pieces, so two colors.
The tub is fiberglasss, so a little less prep work, but he also added some custom work (look close at the fenders). I know the shop had this for quite some time, and it took longer than planned.

This is a shot of the roll bar, which doubles as an air tank. Think of the time to spray all that!

http://www.bestop.com/blog/wp-conten...n3-350x234.jpg

Roll bar doubles as a air tank? You mean it is full of compressed air?

Sb5551 08-13-2009 09:46 PM

That is an awesome idea. Roll bars as an air tank.

jeep41 08-13-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop (Post 421107)
Another shot. It is an impressive rig. I like the retro KC's. My blog will do a video soon, and I'll pimp that fact like crazy over here. Gotta get the traffic over at my site!
Attachment 10465

That jeep is sexy. :firedevil:

Geoff@Bestop 08-13-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levinoss (Post 421334)
Roll bar doubles as a air tank? You mean it is full of compressed air?

Sure. For awhile it was popular to use the tube bumpers as air tanks, but now that people want the big honkin' square bumpers with hooks and what not all over them, some folks are going to the roll bar. He's using larger diameter tubing, so he gets a super strong roll bar plus room for lots of air. Plus an on-board compressor, so he doesn't even really need the tank. The tank for the ARB lockers is under the hood and tiny.

bryandhispup 08-14-2009 11:49 AM

Rhino Tub
 
I "rhino'd" my tub. inside only.

I found that duplicolor makes a rattle can bed liner. (they are the same company that makes those little bottles of color matching paint, with the nail polish brush to fix scratches.) anyhow i sanded my tub down with 150grit and a palm sander, then I taped off, used automotive primer, sanded the primer with 220, then on went the 5 cans of bed liner. (shop-vac fun in between)

at only $10 a can for auto primer and $10 ($8 on sale at harbor freight) a can for the liner, it looks like I saved myself about $500. BUT you get what you pay for... I'd say It looks good and protects well, BUT a real LineX or Rhino job would look and protect from scratches better.

sonofabeach 08-14-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryandhispup (Post 421662)
I "rhino'd" my tub. inside only.

I found that duplicolor makes a rattle can bed liner. (they are the same company that makes those little bottles of color matching paint, with the nail polish brush to fix scratches.) anyhow i sanded my tub down with 150grit and a palm sander, then I taped off, used automotive primer, sanded the primer with 220, then on went the 5 cans of bed liner. (shop-vac fun in between)

at only $10 a can for auto primer and $10 ($8 on sale at harbor freight) a can for the liner, it looks like I saved myself about $500. BUT you get what you pay for... I'd say It looks good and protects well, BUT a real LineX or Rhino job would look and protect from scratches better.

I did the Duplicolor rattlecan liner a couple of years ago and it works great.
I had been wanting it thinker so a couple of days ago I bought two more cans and coated it pretty good.
To me it looks and works great, hell it's not as if I'm throwing lumber in it.
Next I'm gonna put it on my stock rims until I can get black ones.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.