Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Still trying to figure out my Jeep (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/still-trying-to-figure-out-my-jeep-34800.html)

islandmonkey 08-13-2009 09:52 AM

Still trying to figure out my Jeep

5 Attachment(s)
Hello guys. Since I got this Jeep, I am still trying to figure out what has been done to it. So far I know its got 3" body lift to fit 33" tires, 15" rims (what is the advantage of having smaller diameter rims? More rubber?)

Anyways... I took more pictures, and here there are, I wonder if the shocks are stock or not. I took a picture of this round thing under the front bumper, I ve never seen in other Jeep before, maybe you guys help me identify it too.

Thank you

islandmonkey 08-13-2009 10:23 AM

more photos

2 Attachment(s)
Here are more photos

Jeepn13 08-13-2009 10:23 AM

Just from the shock pic, they are aftermarket. I want to say sensatrac is a brand that Monroe shops use pretty regularly. As far as under the front bumper, that "round thing" is your power steering box. Hope this helps

distortedtj 08-13-2009 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes the shocks have been changed out. Look like monroe stocks.

Are you talking about the "round thing" I circled here????

If so it is the steering gear box. And it is on every jeep. :wavey:

distortedtj 08-13-2009 10:28 AM

Everything else "besides the body lift" is stock under there.

islandmonkey 08-13-2009 10:37 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Some more

islandmonkey 08-13-2009 10:39 AM

Yes thank you.
Can you please tell me what photo editing program you used to circle the pic.? I am looking for a program for it.
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by distortedtj (Post 420774)
Yes the shocks have been changed out. Look like monroe stocks.

Are you talking about the "round thing" I circled here????

If so it is the steering gear box. And it is on every jeep. :wavey:

distortedtj 08-13-2009 10:43 AM

windows paint.....pretty sure it comes with every computer??? I think.

Just open the picture in it and use the paint brush to circle it.

Schmo 08-13-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandmonkey (Post 420754)
Hello guys. Since I got this Jeep, I am still trying to figure out what has been done to it. So far I know its got 3" body lift to fit 33" tires, 15" rims (what is the advantage of having smaller diameter rims? More rubber?)

Anyways... I took more pictures, and here there are, I wonder if the shocks are stock or not. I took a picture of this round thing under the front bumper, I ve never seen in other Jeep before, maybe you guys help me identify it too.

Thank you

The smaller diameter wheel gives you more of a side wall which will help when you air down to get more traction. For pure on-road performance, a larger diameter rim is probably better. Shocks look aftermarket . . . the rest looks stock to me. Lots of guys throw a steering box cover on to protect the steering box in the rocks...this might be why yours looks different.