Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   General Jeep Discussion (
-   -   CJ door part (

aness2323 08-14-2009 12:46 PM

CJ door part
1 Attachment(s)
Can someone tell me what the name of the part in the upper left corner of the door is called which opens the door from the inside. I am trying to replace this on some doors I am purchasing, and cant find this part anywhere on the web. I am also trying to make sure these CJ doors fit on my YJ. Can this type of handle be switched out for the newer paddle type handles and interior levers. I posted this on CJ forum as well, sorry but I need to tell the seller something for sure by tonight, thanks
Attachment 10488

BestopTeam@Bestop 08-14-2009 01:22 PM

Do a web search for "CJ outer door handle" or "CJ Paddle Handle"

I found this site first, but I'm certain there are others. Scroll down.
Trailquest Jeep Replacement and Restoration Parts

birdhunter 08-14-2009 01:57 PM

I am not 100% sure but if its from
a CJ -7 they shoud fit but
you will have to change the
striker to fit your YJ
They are not the same and door wont latch

aness2323 08-14-2009 02:09 PM

Thanks. That sounds like a big pain. How involved is the process, switching the striker plate. I may just hold out and find some yj full doors instead. I dont really like the handle anyway. I searched everywhere for the inside portion of the door opening handle, and could not find a replacement part.

birdhunter 08-14-2009 02:27 PM

I would wait Lot more YJ doors out there
then CJ-7 door and in better shape

Its only 3 or 4 bolts on each
but the holes are differ so
not sure I would have to look
but I have seen some receivers that
were just welded on

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.