Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (
-   -   What's the name of this part? (

Hank 10-18-2006 08:27 AM

What's the name of this part?
I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the part that is on top of the tailgate on each side? This part allows the rear soft top window to latch. I have a hardtop and I'm missing both of them. There is a gap between my window and tailgate. I think if I can find this part it will eliminate my water problem. Any ideas where I can find on and I'd like to find a new hardtop gasket. I didn't think these parts would be so hard to find.:confused:

4Jeepn 10-18-2006 10:08 AM

Try here: Have it in a kit form so perhaps they sell them separte too.

Buster 10-18-2006 10:35 AM

Hank, I had to buy two when I bought my TJ used. I just went to the dealer and told them what I was a simple order.

Hank 10-18-2006 10:50 AM

Wow, great site 4jeepn. They have just what I'm looking for. Buster do you remember how much you paid for them at the dealer. I'm always looking for the best price.

1BLKJP 10-18-2006 07:20 PM

Probably much cheaper on the site jeepn referred you to. Hell when I had to replace my heat/air control knobs it was a dealer only part and I got stuck with a $20 bill for those three little guys.

Hank 10-19-2006 10:28 AM

It seems like everything costs more at the dealer. I try to stay away from those people.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.