Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Neoprene seat covers (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/neoprene-seat-covers-35167.html)

jeeperearl 08-19-2009 03:44 PM

Neoprene seat covers

I'm thinking of getting a set of the nice neoprene seat covers that everyone is making. They look cool, and the kids are wearing my factory seats out. I'd like to know if they fit as well as advertised, and if they hold up well. It seems to me that the rubber (wetsuit material, I'm told) might get scratched up easily. Also, does the rubber make it hard to schooch the butt around in the seat? Seems the grip on the seats would give you wedgie after a while.

Rogerg 08-19-2009 04:49 PM

I got the Smittybilt neoprene seat covers and i think they are not that bad for the price.

Yes you could slide your butt on the seat covers and no wedgies here LOL...i dont know
about the other brands but Smitty's neoprene are not rubbery like you described.

kellyjo29 08-20-2009 08:03 AM

I don't remember the brand of mine- I thought they were quite expensive, but have had them on for over a year and no wedgies, but major fading! They aren't getting torn up by the dog either, so overall, I'm quite happy cuz am topless from May-October.

rj5570 08-20-2009 12:38 PM

I just got these in today. They are only 180 for both front and back. The are actually made by Coverking

I just put on the driver seat (I am at work) I will put the others on before I leave. I can take photos if you like once I get them on.

Levinoss 08-20-2009 12:57 PM

Neoprene is not rubber and it for sure is not waterproof.

PROS: They don't get hot <--"That is a big pro" like the vinyl covers do and they look nice.
CONS: They absorb water and can cause swamp ass if you get them wet and/or it is really hot and humid outside. They can tear and be hard to clean depending on how much abuse they get.

I keep my jeep fairly clean on the inside and not a lot of people in my passenger seat/back seat so I have no issues with mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj5570 (Post 425871)
I just got these in today. They are only 180 for both front and back. The are actually made by Coverking

I just put on the driver seat (I am at work) I will put the others on before I leave. I can take photos if you like once I get them on.

Those are the lower quality cheaper kind that you pretty much find on ebay. I know because I own them. If I had to buy another set I wouldn't buy those and I'd go for some from one of the bigger brand names for a little more.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6928/009up7qq9.jpg

Don't get me wrong they are fine but you get what you pay for.

rj5570 08-20-2009 01:08 PM

serious? you get swamp ass? curious, can you treat it with water proofing?

oh well, they will do for now, I guess if they get torn, or bad, I will just be sure to buy a better set next time.

jeeperearl 08-20-2009 02:29 PM

Roger...do you remember where you got your covers from?

RJ...pics are always appreciated, along with final verdict.

Thanks for the feedback.
Earl

Levinoss 08-20-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj5570 (Post 425913)
serious? you get swamp ass? curious, can you treat it with water proofing?

oh well, they will do for now, I guess if they get torn, or bad, I will just be sure to buy a better set next time.

You CAN get swamp ass but I rarely do. What do you mean by water proofing?

Yea, I wouldn't stress over it too much they are still good covers just not the best. I was looking for cheaper price then the more expensive kind because I was on a budget.

whiteyj 08-20-2009 03:52 PM

I put one on my back seat for the labrador rather than spending the $$ for a new seat. It's been great. Four years later (4 CALI summers Apr - Oct) it's finally starting to fade. It's stood up to wet dog and paws with no trouble.

Levinoss 08-20-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 426060)
I put one on my back seat for the labrador rather than spending the $$ for a new seat. It's been great. Four years later (4 CALI summers Apr - Oct) it's finally starting to fade. It's stood up to wet dog and paws with no trouble.

Yea, Mine have not started to fade but I don't leave the top off much. What brand you use?

Rogerg 08-20-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeperearl (Post 425970)
Roger...do you remember where you got your covers from?

Earl

Got mine at a local 4wp store ... buy the front and get the rear covers for free promo.I think they are still running that sale.

Blackbeard1718 08-20-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj5570 (Post 425871)

RJ!

Not bad for the price, getting both the Fronts and Backs for under $180. Looks like you can save a Penny buying them on their site, rather than getting the "Free Shipping" on their EBAY site at $179.99. Hmmmmm! Hey! 100 Pennies is a Buck! Ya gotta start savin' somewhere!

I see Iggee's are about $195 for the Fronts, and the same price for the Backs. I'm still looking, but want to find a set that will handle these Texas Summer's without giving me the dreaded..... "SWAMP ASS"!!! IT'S NASSTY! http://www.maxi-scoots.com/postnuke/...iratelaugh.gif

From what I've read on a lot of these Forums, the Waterproofing Spray doesn't work that well, not covering all of the surfaces, and also wears off pretty fast. Seat Covers are a better idea!

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

Levinoss 08-20-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard1718 (Post 426148)
RJ!

Not bad for the price, getting both the Fronts and Backs for under $180. Looks like you can save a Penny buying them on their site, rather than getting the "Free Shipping" on their EBAY site at $179.99. Hmmmmm! Hey! 100 Pennies is a Buck! Ya gotta start savin' somewhere!

I see Iggee's are about $195 for the Fronts, and the same price for the Backs. I'm still looking, but want to find a set that will handle these Texas Summer's without giving me the dreaded..... "SWAMP ASS"!!! IT'S NASSTY! http://www.maxi-scoots.com/postnuke/...iratelaugh.gif

From what I've read on a lot of these Forums, the Waterproofing Spray doesn't work that well, not covering all of the surfaces, and also wears off pretty fast. Seat Covers are a better idea!

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

I never really ran into swamp ass and I lived around Houston a bit and I'm a big boy. I think it really has to do with the type of material you are wearing to be honest.

Quattrofan02 08-20-2009 07:03 PM

I used to own a set of these neoprene covers and they were great. The originators were Wetokole seat covers. Great fit, great quality, completely waterproof, they did fade after 4-5 years but still was able to take them off sell them on ebay after it was all said and done. Check wetokole.com

whiteyj 08-20-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levinoss (Post 426061)
Yea, Mine have not started to fade but I don't leave the top off much. What brand you use?

It was from Quadratec....Looks like Ruggeed Ridge. Fits well. Lots of straps on the under side.

Levinoss 08-20-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 426268)
It was from Quadratec....Looks like Ruggeed Ridge. Fits well. Lots of straps on the under side.

Mine only had like 2 straps and think and one tore right off when I went to tighten it up. LOL

rj5570 08-21-2009 07:32 AM

ok, had them for the first day. my ONLY complaint is that the red doesnt match my Jeep red :( wishing I got black now. I thought they would look cool. I might contact them and see if they will swap them for the black.

I didnt experience swamp ass lol and it was a nasty humid Indiana summer day. over 90, and extremely humid, so that was good. but they did seam to keep my back a bit warmer, which will be great during the winter! but it could have been a placebo effect.

Levinoss 08-21-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj5570 (Post 426504)
ok, had them for the first day. my ONLY complaint is that the red doesnt match my Jeep red :( wishing I got black now. I thought they would look cool. I might contact them and see if they will swap them for the black.

I didnt experience swamp ass lol and it was a nasty humid Indiana summer day. over 90, and extremely humid, so that was good. but they did seam to keep my back a bit warmer, which will be great during the winter! but it could have been a placebo effect.

Neoprene does insulate and mine do keep my back side warm in the winter. The black really does look good on just about any outside color vehicle. Just can't go wrong with black it's a classic.

rj5570 08-21-2009 08:42 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Levinoss (Post 426513)
Neoprene does insulate and mine do keep my back side warm in the winter. The black really does look good on just about any outside color vehicle. Just can't go wrong with black it's a classic.

Ya I am a little disappointed in the red

Levinoss 08-21-2009 09:01 AM

looks more pink then read

rj5570 08-21-2009 09:10 AM

i know, they only look that way on the Jeep.

rj5570 08-21-2009 01:08 PM

ok all, if you are looking to buy cheaper seat covers do with these guys. their customer service is amazing! they are letting me swap my seat covers out for black. only going to cost me 10 bucks for shipping!

the seat covers fit perfectly. excellent product. I understand it may be a lower end material than the more expensive, but if you pinching pennies and just want to cover or protect your seats, go with these guys.

rj5570 08-21-2009 02:41 PM

By the way, they have a licenses to put the Jeep logo on the head rests as well, I am having that sent. I will post pictures once I get my black ones. He also stated that if there is a group of people from this forum that want to place an order, they can do a discount.

Blackbeard1718 08-21-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levinoss (Post 426193)

I never really ran into swamp ass and I lived around Houston a bit and I'm a big boy. I think it really has to do with the type of material you are wearing to be honest.

TRUE! I got Swamp Ass quite often, when I rode my bike, wearing my Draggin' Jeans. They have a Kevlar pad in the butt and hips, and it's real easy to get Swamp Ass wearing those out here in the Hill Country! BTW, "Howdy Neighbor!" http://img439.imageshack.us/img439/2504/pirate1og.gif

Cheers!

BB

Blackbeard1718 08-21-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj5570 (Post 426786)
By the way, they have a licenses to put the Jeep logo on the head rests as well, I am having that sent. I will post pictures once I get my black ones. He also stated that if there is a group of people from this forum that want to place an order, they can do a discount.

Hmmmmmm! I think I might be interested in a set of those, in the Black with Yellow inserts, and the JEEP logo on the headrests. Can't beat it for under $180 for the Front and Rear set! I priced others around the web today, and they can get a bit pricey for a full set!

Cheers!

BB

dlau 08-22-2009 08:02 PM

I bought the rugged ridge seat protectors. I love them!!

Jp90Talon 08-23-2009 02:23 PM

I just put on a set from seatglovers and so far I am very pleased.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...p/102_0461.jpg

Levinoss 08-23-2009 02:48 PM

I'd like to have some black ones with Jeep on them.

Blackbeard1718 08-23-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jp90Talon (Post 427804)
I just put on a set from seatglovers and so far I am very pleased.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...p/102_0461.jpg

JP!

WOW! Those are nice! I just looked at their website! Yet another source to ponder over! Thanks!

Cheers!

BB

Jp90Talon 08-23-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard1718 (Post 427831)
JP!

WOW! Those are nice! I just looked at their website! Yet another source to ponder over! Thanks!

Cheers!

BB

Well if you do end up getting a set through them do not buy them through threir site. Keep an eye out for their listings on ebay. You can usually pic them up on there for a good price as long as there arent too many bidders. And on a side note....the ones that I got are the higher end "Alette" covers.