Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   It's Calico Season!! Running Nov 1st- 3rd (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/its-calico-season-running-nov-1st-3rd-352354.html)

I H8RDS 10-21-2013 01:11 PM

It's Calico Season!! Running Nov 1st- 3rd

5 Attachment(s)
:wavey: Hey everybody!

Calico is a good time! Neat history, couple waterfalls and who doesn't want some Pucker Pass! I'm thinking a night run up Pucker this trip ;) If ya'll are up to it! :) :punk:

**DIRECTIONS AND INFO:**

The address to the ghost town is 36600 Ghost Town Road Yermo, CA 92398.

TO GET TO OUR CAMP: Once you get to the actual Ghost Town with the big cowboy standing up in front of it, (36600 Ghost Town Road, Yermo), continue up the road maybe a couple hundred yards. Doran Scenic Rd is on the left, but hard to see the Doran sign itself. You’ll see the triangular looking ranger sign encased in glass. (see pic below) Make that left and keep going straight down the dirt road. You'll run right into us. We're going to camp off Doran Scenic Rd before you go around the bend to the Gatekeeper. There's plenty of room for RVs and tents. It's open canyon camping, no campsites..no civilization. :D It's dry camping. No facilities, water etc.

We'll run all the major trails; Odessa, Doran and Wall Street! Explore the Bismark mines and do West Phillips to Kramer's Arch as well..if we can make the time! It's pretty neat! I run through Sunday..usually leaving Kramers Arch for last.

I'm open to a Friday night run if ya'll want..up Doran and down Odessa...OR...Maybe up Odessa --Pucker Pass and down Phillips? :D It's a shorter route..

Saturday- Run up Odessa, down to the mines and over to Wall Street. On the way back, down Doran.

Sunday- Up to West Phillips; checking out Kramer's Arch and down Odessa.

If you want to come out Saturday, please be at camp and ready to roll by 930am.

**YOUR RIG SHOULD HAVE**: Tow points; front and rear, sliders, armor, be lifted and at least 31's..33's are better. Lockers are not required, but helpful in a couple spots. If you don't have them, no biggie. Worse case is you get a strap/winch.

Look for my rig - White TJ, pink windshield banner and American Flag flying driver. (someone stole my yellow happy face flag :(

CB- Ch 21 ( I don't get cell service once out in the canyon.)

EVERYBODY CAMPING, PLEASE BRING WOOD!!

Who wants some Calico pebbles? :D

1. Lorie- I H8RDS* Fri-Sun
2. Gary & his hunny-Cashcow1608* Fri-Sun
3. Bernie & Vanessa-Werubiblue06* Fri-Sun
4. Parker and Mom-Maverick243* Fri-Sun
5. LHC30*Fri-Sun
6. Rkdsldwyz*Saturday
7. Cole Trickle*Saturday- ?
8. CKDEZERT*Saturday-?
9. CK's Buddy*Saturday-?
10. werompx3*Sunday
11. Duckrunner and Pooch!*Friday-Sun

cashcow1608 10-21-2013 03:33 PM

Can I be the first one to sign up? You can put me down for camping, I think I can talk the wife into it. And if I cant then Ill do a day trip.

I H8RDS 10-21-2013 03:38 PM

:dance: Yay Gary!! Will this be your first trip out to Calico?

I'm stoked that you'd want to spend your anniversary with us! I'm pretty sure a few of my really close friends will be making this one as well. Bernie and Vanessa Glamp too. If you haven't met them yet, you're in for a treat. Just enough Zany and class. ;) You're wife will love Vanessa!

I'll add ya to the list! I will get there Friday at approximately 630pm. :)

cashcow1608 10-21-2013 03:46 PM

I told her my anniversery gift to her was to take her 4-wheeling. Boy was she excited. I have to bring the motorhome though, no tent camping for her.

I H8RDS 10-21-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashcow1608 (Post 5543146)
I told her my anniversery gift to her was to take her 4-wheeling. Boy was she excited. I have to bring the motorhome though, no tent camping for her.

:lmao: Good man! :thumb:

cashcow1608 10-21-2013 03:53 PM

Its only our 28th year and I told her she can choose whatever she wants to do for our 30th or 50th. Ive done Calico once before as a day trip, never camped out there though.

I H8RDS 10-21-2013 04:01 PM

Sweet! So a night run is in order ;) And boy, what a deal you've given her LOL 2 times for her to choose in a 20 year time span :lmao:

She should enjoy it out there at night...especially being in an RV...as we seem to have resident foxes who like to visit camp in the dead of night.

I H8RDS 10-21-2013 04:02 PM

You guys are right up there with Bernie and Vanessa..I believe they just celebrated their 27th anniversary.

LHC30 10-21-2013 06:24 PM

Might be able to make this - sounds like a great outing!

I H8RDS 10-21-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LHC30 (Post 5546714)
Might be able to make this - sounds like a great outing!

Calico never disappoints..I've led runs out there where there was zero to little carnage and then others that ended with snapped axles. All in a weekend's fun! :punk:

Did you want to be on the list to go? And if you plan on coming, let me know when we should look for ya!

werubiblue06 10-21-2013 07:01 PM

Hahaha...Vanessa is already liking Gary's wife.

Please count us in on this one. We'll be getting in Friday night between 8 and 9.

Thank you for the great intro Lorie. I wonder which one of us is the zany one and who is the classy one. Lol

werubiblue06 10-21-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 5543466)
You guys are right up there with Bernie and Vanessa..I believe they just celebrated their 27th anniversary.

That is correct, 27 of a life sentence.

I H8RDS 10-21-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werubiblue06 (Post 5548186)
Hahaha...Vanessa is already liking Gary's wife.

Please count us in on this one. We'll be getting in Friday night between 8 and 9.

Thank you for the great intro Lorie. I wonder which one of us is the zany one and who is the classy one. Lol

:whistling::lmao: Ya, well B..we'll let everyone else decide!

So happy you guys are making this one..You've been missed on the last couple!!
!
Quote:

Originally Posted by werubiblue06 (Post 5548266)
That is correct, 27 of a life sentence.

:jawdrop::bottom:

Better not let Vanessa see this post!!! :lmao:

YjKalamity 10-21-2013 07:11 PM

Dang, I just planned to do a bunch more of my build this weekend :(

I H8RDS 10-21-2013 08:11 PM

Next one Brett!

So I'm thinking we are passed due for a night run Up Odessa...could run up Odessa- Pucker Pass and down Phillips. It's a shorter route :)

Mavrick243 10-21-2013 08:22 PM

You know im in for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :awesome:

and my mother will be coming with me haha Her first rock crawling trip. we will be out there around 9 o'clock as well.

SO EXCITED FOR THIS! BEEN WAY TO LONG!

I H8RDS 10-21-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavrick243 (Post 5551354)
You know im in for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :awesome:

and my mother will be coming with me haha Her first rock crawling trip. we will be out there around 9 o'clock as well.

SO EXCITED FOR THIS! BEEN WAY TO LONG!

WoooHooo!!! This is going to be Fun! Need to have video rolling Inside your rig :lmao:

werubiblue06 10-21-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavrick243 (Post 5551354)
You know im in for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :awesome: and my mother will be coming with me haha Her first rock crawling trip. we will be out there around 9 o'clock as well. SO EXCITED FOR THIS! BEEN WAY TO LONG!

So my guess is there will be no "thong boy" showing up. :(

cashcow1608 10-21-2013 08:51 PM

I told my wife its only a life sentence, "til death do us part". But she says we have to be buried together too or have our ashes mixed together. I guess Im stuck forever.

Mavrick243 10-21-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 5551962)
WoooHooo!!! This is going to be Fun! Need to have video rolling Inside your rig :lmao:

I'll remember my camera this time! haha You are right it could be good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by werubiblue06 (Post 5552042)
So my guess is there will be no "thong boy" showing up. :(

HAHAHA i'll still be on my same angelic behavior as i always am on the runs! :angel::whacky: and i was a water polo kid so shes seen me in a speedo lol

I H8RDS 10-21-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashcow1608 (Post 5552386)
I told my wife its only a life sentence, "til death do us part". But she says we have to be buried together too or have our ashes mixed together. I guess Im stuck forever.

:drinks:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavrick243 (Post 5553226)
I'll remember my camera this time! haha You are right it could be good!

HAHAHA i'll still be on my same angelic behavior as i always am on the runs! :angel::whacky: and i was a water polo kid so shes seen me in a speedo lol

Something is seriously wrong with that statement :popcorn::p

Mavrick243 10-21-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 5553426)

Something is seriously wrong with that statement :popcorn::p

Which one? haha

I H8RDS 10-21-2013 09:40 PM

LOL so true! All of it Angel! :crazy:

Mavrick243 10-21-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 5553906)
LOL so true! All of it Angel! :crazy:

:funnypost::beerme::drinks:

Mavrick243 10-23-2013 01:38 PM

cricket cricket. haha look crickets in here too!

I H8RDS 10-23-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavrick243 (Post 5594066)
cricket cricket. haha look crickets in here too!

I know right? I figured more would be onboard. Maybe they're waiting to post... Or the runs scared the crap out if them. Lol. I dunno!

Either way, it'll be a blast!

rkwfxd 10-23-2013 02:33 PM

I'll be down in San Diego that weekend watching my wife, daughter, mother-in-law and brother-in-law jump out of a perfectly good airplane and HOPEFULLY float gracefully to the ground under fully deployed parachutes.

Either that or watching what is basically my entire family plummet to their deaths.

I'm REALLY hoping for the first one.

werubiblue06 10-23-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkwfxd (Post 5595522)
I'll be down in San Diego that weekend watching my wife, daughter, mother-in-law and brother-in-law jump out of a perfectly good airplane and HOPEFULLY float gracefully to the ground under fully deployed parachutes. Either that or watching what is basically my entire family plummet to their deaths. I'm REALLY hoping for the first one.

I'll pray for the first on too Rich.

Let me know how it was for them because before I get too old to do that I want to jump too. It's just a bit pricey and haven't wanted to pay for it. My son is down with jumping with me, I can't remember if V would but I would guess yes.

I H8RDS 10-23-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werubiblue06 (Post 5595634)

I'll pray for the first on too Rich.

Let me know how it was for them because before I get too old to do that I want to jump too. It's just a bit pricey and haven't wanted to pay for it. My son is down with jumping with me, I can't remember if V would but I would guess yes.

I've done it... Big surprise right! I think it's overrated for the money.. But that's just me ;-)

werubiblue06 10-23-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 5597442)
I've done it... Big surprise right! I think it's overrated for the money.. But that's just me ;-)

I tend to agree "for the money" but that is on my bucket list and like so many other things in my list it's best to do while still (somewhat) young!! :lmao: