Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Tires & Wheels (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/)
-   -   Black Rims (V Line) (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/black-rims-v-line-35746.html)

sonofabeach 08-30-2009 10:56 PM

Black Rims (V Line)
 
Does anybody here have black V-Line rims?
I want black rims and was thinking about getting them at Tire Kingdom.
http://www.tirekingdom.com/images/wheels/v772.jpg

bmanrkg3 09-02-2009 02:18 AM

dunno how much those run, but most of the crager(sp?) rims seem to be the best look/bang for the buck...imho

njkeagle 09-02-2009 02:28 PM

^^ I would agree. I wouldn't drop lots of $$ on wheels especially if you are hitting the trails a lot. I learned the hard way:(

Cons_Table 09-02-2009 03:44 PM

x3 cragars will run u less than 100 a wheel.
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Imag...6/36946-lg.jpg

RAGMAN 09-02-2009 03:45 PM

pro comp wheels are good.. black with chrome caps and lugs.. you can also go with rebel racing, complete black p/c rims with black centers, lugs are chrome but rims are about $99 each.. pro comps look almost the same and are much cheaper.. almost half.

KBR97 09-02-2009 06:40 PM

you can get those cragar soft 8's for I think 54.99 from quadratec...15x8. Thats where i got mine.

AzTJ 09-02-2009 07:03 PM

The wheels he is looking at (V-Line) are aluminum and painted black. If you want the look with a stronger wheel, get them.

sonofabeach 09-02-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 434210)
x3 cragars will run u less than 100 a wheel.
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Imag...6/36946-lg.jpg

The rims I ended up buying are pretty much like that except they're by Unique.

bmanrkg3 09-03-2009 06:53 PM

i really gotta clean my cragars they need a good hand washin...

sonofabeach 09-03-2009 09:56 PM

goodbye painted stock rims
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...73638873ec.jpg

machocheese 09-03-2009 10:17 PM

Do you have a pic of your painted stockers? Was thinking of painting mine, just curious of outcome/durability.
Thanks

sonofabeach 09-03-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machocheese (Post 435239)
Do you have a pic of your painted stockers? Was thinking of painting mine, just curious of outcome/durability.
Thanks

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...g?t=1252039083
After a few months there were a couple of spots that were chipping.
Before painting them I scuffed them up pretty good with a sanding block, then primed them, then painted them. In hindsight I should have went with my original plan of using rattle can bedliner. That stuff is hard to come off.

machocheese 09-04-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonofabeach (Post 435265)
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...g?t=1252039083
After a few months there were a couple of spots that were chipping.
Before painting them I scuffed them up pretty good with a sanding block, then primed them, then painted them. In hindsight I should have went with my original plan of using rattle can bedliner. That stuff is hard to come off.

I agree... probably would've held up better.


Your new set-up looks nice btw.:punk:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.