Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/)
-   -   2.5L PCV valve meets AEM CAI (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/2-5l-pcv-valve-meets-aem-cai-3625.html)

soundline 10-26-2006 10:17 AM

2.5L PCV valve meets AEM CAI

I'm going to install an AEM CAI on my wife to be's wrangler this weekend if I can find out what the heck is going on with the PCV valve. There is oil leaking into the stock air box. Where is the PCV valve located on a 92 YJ with the 2.5L.

Let me know guys, I bought the CAI like two months ago and haven't gotten it on yet.

NY94YJ 10-26-2006 03:03 PM

It is apparently under the cover somewhere....if at all. The Elbo on the top of the cover has nothing in or attached to it......it's just an elbo.

The oil making it's way to the air box seems to be common among the 2.5's, It does it on mine, and I have seen many others post it too.

soundline 10-26-2006 04:06 PM

So could I put a PCV valve inline on that hose before it gets to the CAI? Would that F anything up?

soundline 10-27-2006 03:04 PM

Has anyone tried anything like that?

matty0335 11-03-2006 05:18 PM

although my engine is different (4.2 i6) i had the same prob so when i went o buy a pcv they told me that 2.5s dont come with them, well mine did and the problem wasnt the pcv, its just blow back from the engine. mechanic said it wasnt too serious as long as i kept the oil level safe. he said it may be a bad ring or valve, and that it was a pretty common thing in jeep engines and also older engines. i just took the stock breather off along with the hose from the pcv and reattached it to where the hose came out of the breather so that eliminated the oil in my carb. you may have to do something different since you dont have a pcv.

soundline 11-07-2006 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matty0335
although my engine is different (4.2 i6) i had the same prob so when i went o buy a pcv they told me that 2.5s dont come with them, well mine did and the problem wasnt the pcv, its just blow back from the engine. mechanic said it wasnt too serious as long as i kept the oil level safe. he said it may be a bad ring or valve, and that it was a pretty common thing in jeep engines and also older engines. i just took the stock breather off along with the hose from the pcv and reattached it to where the hose came out of the breather so that eliminated the oil in my carb. you may have to do something different since you dont have a pcv.

I'm going to give it a shot if the weather ever stablizes up here, the Gov just declared a state of emergency here.

matty0335 11-07-2006 02:12 PM

wow thats no good. good luck with the jeep and the weather. keep us posted.

soundline 11-19-2006 01:34 PM

On top of that I'm in Sgt School right now, so it's hard for me to get over there. I guess I'm going to have to wait until Spring so I can put that bad boy in there.