Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   waverlybob 99.4% ebay seller (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/waverlybob-99-4-ebay-seller-36599.html)

NVRDLMO 09-16-2009 08:24 PM

waverlybob 99.4% ebay seller

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience buying on ebay from waverlybob 99.4% ??. I just bought two items and tried to e-mail this person on Monday, haven't heard back. I know, I know......it's ebay.:banghead:

05GT-O.C.D. 09-16-2009 08:27 PM

No, but why does the name "waverlybob" sound so familiar???

jpdocdave 09-16-2009 08:33 PM

whats he sell?

NVRDLMO 09-16-2009 08:40 PM

His ebay store is called, BOB'S JEEP PARTS. It sez he's from NE but I don't know just how far NE or his lat-long.:doh:

Levinoss 09-16-2009 08:46 PM

Did you already pay him? I'd start the process of getting my money back if you did.

NVRDLMO 09-16-2009 08:59 PM

The deal is........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levinoss (Post 442412)
Did you already pay him? I'd start the process of getting my money back if you did.

Well that's why I e-mailed him. I "won" two auctions. One was a pair of new Bestop half doors for, get this....$51.00. The other was for a new P E safari top, 35 bucks! He sez in the auction that if you don't have the "no drill header" he will sell you one for an additional 20 bucks so I e-mailed him to say please add that and send me an invoice. Well, after two days I just decided to pay for the two items I "won".

You really can't start any action against a seller for two weeks. I was just curious if any of you have dealt with them or know them.

Jiffydarren 09-17-2009 04:27 PM

If it sounds too good to be true....

NVRDLMO 09-17-2009 10:15 PM

Finally got a reply. They say the items shipped yesterday. No tracking number, just that they shipped. I love/hate ebay.:zap:

csamn2007 09-17-2009 10:45 PM

this always makes me laugh.

http://content.humorpix.com/images/2994/p001.jpg

MCDavis 09-18-2009 07:15 AM

I bought a Bestop LJ Safari top from him very recently. It came in, the box was marked "warranty", and it had a defect above the passenger door where the outer layer wasn't sewn in at the edge. This was about 6" long. I replied back through ebay (all communication went through them), and he said he'd get me another one out. The next one that came in was a Rugged Ridge TJ bikini top (may have been safari, can't remember), brand new in the correct box. I contacted him again and, at first, he offered to just refund the money. I told him I didn't want a refund, I wanted the top because I'd gotten such a good deal on it ($56). He then sent me the correct top, brand new, in the correct box. Said the 2nd top was a shipping mistake from his supplier. He also told me to just keep all the tops due to the hassle.

Communication wasn't bad and I wound up with the right product at a great price. I'd buy from him again...I've bought from worse. One other thing I noticed: so far, he hasn't given me any feedback, even though I gave it to him.

And yes, I do have a brand new top I can sell at a cheap price...

mrcarcrazy 09-18-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCDavis (Post 443367)

PM sent:hijacked:

G-Pur 09-18-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NVRDLMO (Post 442404)
His ebay store is called, BOB'S JEEP PARTS. It sez he's from NE but I don't know just how far NE or his lat-long.:doh:

Waverly is in Massachusettes, about 15 miles outside of Boston.

NVRDLMO 09-18-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Pur (Post 443643)
Waverly is in Massachusettes, about 15 miles outside of Boston.

Ut-oh, I'm a Raiders fan....

tuck rule......TUCK RULE !

NVRDLMO 09-18-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCDavis (Post 443367)
I bought a Bestop LJ Safari top from him very recently. It came in, the box was marked "warranty", and it had a defect above the passenger door where the outer layer wasn't sewn in at the edge. This was about 6" long. I replied back through ebay (all communication went through them), and he said he'd get me another one out. The next one that came in was a Rugged Ridge TJ bikini top (may have been safari, can't remember), brand new in the correct box. I contacted him again and, at first, he offered to just refund the money. I told him I didn't want a refund, I wanted the top because I'd gotten such a good deal on it ($56). He then sent me the correct top, brand new, in the correct box. Said the 2nd top was a shipping mistake from his supplier. He also told me to just keep all the tops due to the hassle.

Communication wasn't bad and I wound up with the right product at a great price. I'd buy from him again...I've bought from worse. One other thing I noticed: so far, he hasn't given me any feedback, even though I gave it to him.

His ad for the safari top said if you don't have the "no drill header" he'll throw one in for another $20.00. I don't have one so after I "won" it, I e-mailed him to add in the header and send an invoice. No reply, so I e-mailed him from the other item I "won" and still no reply. Finally I just payed for the item I "won" and after a few days I e-mailed to ask when they would be shipped. They answered that e-mail. I would call this "poor" communication. I can't wait to see what condition it arrives in. :bottom::bottom::bottom:

MCDavis 09-18-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NVRDLMO (Post 443803)
His ad for the safari top said if you don't have the "no drill header" he'll throw one in for another $20.00. I don't have one so after I "won" it, I e-mailed him to add in the header and send an invoice. No reply, so I e-mailed him from the other item I "won" and still no reply. Finally I just payed for the item I "won" and after a few days I e-mailed to ask when they would be shipped. They answered that e-mail. I would call this "poor" communication. I can't wait to see what condition it arrives in. :bottom::bottom::bottom:

I agree that's poor communication. I was just saying that he's not as bad as some I've bought from before.

It's ebay...it's a crapshoot.

NVRDLMO 09-18-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCDavis (Post 443808)
I agree that's poor communication. I was just saying that he's not as bad as some I've bought from before.

It's ebay...it's a crapshoot.

I'll drink to that !:blunt:

NVRDLMO 09-23-2009 08:39 AM

I received the half doors yesterday, they are new and in perfect condition. I also received the bestop header which I didn't order or pay for. I didn't receive the safari top so I e-mailed him again. His reply said that it is on it's way also. :confused::D:cool:

NVRDLMO 09-25-2009 07:02 PM

:punk::punk::punk:Hey guess what? Bob came through ! Bestop half doors, Pavement ends safari top and Bestop header all for $119 with shipping !!

csamn2007 09-26-2009 09:39 PM

Good to hear!