Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/)
-   -   95 Wrangler 4 banger heater core (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/95-wrangler-4-banger-heater-core-36661.html)

Thaskateguy 09-18-2009 01:44 AM

95 Wrangler 4 banger heater core
 
With winter right around the corner. I think I should address my leaky heater core. I have never done this type of repair. does anyone have any experience with this one? And where would you sugest I look for a good core? thanks

morphious 09-18-2009 08:49 AM

just did this last week i got mine at oreilys for 40 bucks and the replacement is easy

Thaskateguy 09-18-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphious (Post 443403)
just did this last week i got mine at oreilys for 40 bucks and the replacement is easy

Man, that's what I wanted to hear. The only info I could fined, was for the replacement on a newer Jeep with AC. they were saying it was an 8 hr job. I was getting mentally prepared for a chilly winter.

morphious 09-18-2009 09:15 AM

i did mine on a 90 yj with no ac.ac makes it a bit more complicated but its only four bolts to take out the guts of the dash. and plan on buying new heater hoses, u will most likely need to take the battery tray out. u can leave it in but its way easier with it disconnected and set aside. u also have to disconnect the cables from the dash control's. also on a side note another person makes this job way nicer.

Thaskateguy 09-18-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphious (Post 443413)
i did mine on a 90 yj with no ac.ac makes it a bit more complicated but its only four bolts to take out the guts of the dash. and plan on buying new heater hoses, u will most likely need to take the battery tray out. u can leave it in but its way easier with it disconnected and set aside. u also have to disconnect the cables from the dash control's. also on a side note another person makes this job way nicer.

Yep, nothin like that extra set of hands. I got an off spring, just for those occasions. Be well.

Jesse-James 09-18-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaskateguy (Post 443408)
they were saying it was an 8 hr job. I was getting mentally prepared for a chilly winter.


:rofl:

morphious 09-18-2009 10:33 AM

yeah i thought that too. no way is it 8 hours more like two and i was takeing plenty of (refreshment)breaks.

Thaskateguy 09-18-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphious (Post 443461)
yeah i thought that too. no way is it 8 hours more like two and i was takeing plenty of (refreshment)breaks.

I hear ya. I tend to take lots of "Spanish Pauses" now days, when I tackle a job. --If I do everything at once, there won't be nothin to do later.

morphious 09-18-2009 09:10 PM

yeah i hear ya if u want a better fan motor do that now while u have every thing out

Thaskateguy 09-19-2009 12:07 AM

I never understood Guys that would put in a clutch and pressure plate, but not put in a new throw out bearing. I mean ya got the thing apart already.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.