Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Lift Kit Question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/lift-kit-question-36746.html)

Robert 09-20-2009 08:30 AM

Lift Kit Question
 
Hey guys, I know this is a noob question, but I was browsing through some suspension upgrades, lifts and such and I noticed something called a spacer lift. I was wondering what is a spacer lift and are they worth the money or should I just save for the real thing?:confused:

wallybloke 09-20-2009 08:36 AM

With a spacer lift you get polyurethane spacers that go above your original springs. Easy to install and cheap. Some kits come with shocks. It's just a matter of how much you are willing to spend and what you want to do with your Jeep. There are pros and cons for every type of lift.

Robert 09-20-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallybloke (Post 444489)
With a spacer lift you get polyurethane spacers that go above your original springs. Easy to install and cheap. Some kits come with shocks. It's just a matter of how much you are willing to spend and what you want to do with your Jeep. There are pros and cons for every type of lift.

Thanks Wally, the spacer lift I'm looking at is made by SkyJacker, and it does come with nitro shocks. Here's a link to it. Skyjacker Standard 2" Spacer Lift Kit with Nitro Shocks for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

4Jeepn 09-20-2009 09:43 AM

all 2" spacer kits are about the same, difference is shocks... That kit seems a bit steep for the market place you should be able to do better on the price, for that kit or others like it..

kdukes4 09-20-2009 10:45 AM

the skyjacker hydros are much bettter than the nitros. i put them on with my BB and they work great. much MUCH softer than the stock ride.

Robert 09-20-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdukes4 (Post 444527)
the skyjacker hydros are much bettter than the nitros. i put them on with my BB and they work great. much MUCH softer than the stock ride.

Thanks for the info man, yea I will try to find some spacer lifts for a cheaper price.:)

kdukes4 09-20-2009 11:20 AM

look around for used ones too. i got mine barely used for $40. then the hydros off of ebay for $125 new

Robert 09-20-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdukes4 (Post 444539)
look around for used ones too. i got mine barely used for $40. then the hydros off of ebay for $125 new

Man thats a great deal, can you post some pics of your jeep? And also, what size tires and wheels do you have?

kdukes4 09-20-2009 01:08 PM

before

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...6&d=1252039748

after

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...7&d=1252039748

running 31x11.5's on cragar soft 8 15x8 with 4" backspacing

Robert 09-20-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdukes4 (Post 444589)
before

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...6&d=1252039748

after

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...7&d=1252039748

running 31x11.5's on cragar soft 8 15x8 with 4" backspacing

Nice. I'm probably going to get the same size tires that you have, probably with some American Racing wheels. :)

kdukes4 09-20-2009 02:23 PM

ya not a bad choice...although i'm already looking to size up some more to 33x10.5's, adding a 1" body lift and then perhaps zj coil springs. if i do the springs i'll do them when the winch is on the new bumper to supplement lift loss due to the the weight. we're talking >100lbs on the bumper and then the winch is another 75lbs.

Robert 09-20-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdukes4 (Post 444621)
ya not a bad choice...although i'm already looking to size up some more to 33x10.5's, adding a 1" body lift and then perhaps zj coil springs. if i do the springs i'll do them when the winch is on the new bumper to supplement lift loss due to the the weight. we're talking >100lbs on the bumper and then the winch is another 75lbs.

Damn, you must have a heavy duty bumper.:D

kdukes4 09-20-2009 02:34 PM

it has a winch plate and rather large brush guard welded onto her already. mostly 3/16" steel and 1/4" on the ends. a bit heavy....

kdukes4 09-20-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdukes4 (Post 444625)
it has a winch plate and rather large brush guard welded onto her already. mostly 3/16" steel and 1/4" on the ends. a bit heavy....


maybe a little lighter than 100lbs though...

Robert 09-20-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdukes4 (Post 444630)
maybe a little lighter than 100lbs though...

very nice man, I look forward to seeing everything!

kdukes4 09-20-2009 03:16 PM

haha me too!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.