Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   note to a local socal jeeper..... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/note-to-a-local-socal-jeeper-3683.html)

tiny terror 10-31-2006 09:42 AM

note to a local socal jeeper.....

Early last week four fire fighters died fighting a blaze northeast of my home. A fifth lays in a hospital bed, 95% of his body, including his lungs, burned. His chances are slim. The fire was miles away, but smoke covered the valley I live in. These brave men, because it was arson, were essentially murdered.

Yesterday after all the smoke had finally cleared, I crossed paths with a young man driving a big black jeep. I waved and watched as he flicked a lit cigarette onto the street and returned the gesture.

I was embarrassed when my buddy asked me why I’d waved to such a jerk. I wanted to turn around and ask JeepJerk why after so many people had lost their homes, and four families had lost sons/fathers/husbands, why would he be so careless.

We are judged by the company that we keep and I'm happy to stand as one of this great group. So I say to you JeepJerk, stop tarnishing my community.

amerijeep 10-31-2006 10:31 AM

Don't be shy. Tell us how you really feel.

My condolences to your community. Thanks fot the post. Maybe someone will read this and think twice before discarding their cig butts.

tiny terror 10-31-2006 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerijeep
Don't be shy. Tell us how you really feel.

I'm new and still on my best behavior ;)

RatherBNarizona 10-31-2006 04:09 PM

i know a lot of firefighters, they have a very hard job.
i'm with ya

Texapple 10-31-2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror
We are judged by the company that we keep and I'm happy to stand as one of this great group. So I say to you JeepJerk, stop tarnishing my community.

so true.....and it just takes few to tarnish the group as a whole
I echo your sentiments

kg4kpg 10-31-2006 09:31 PM

Real tragedy. Much respect for all fire fighters, all are heroes. The news just reported the 5th fire fighter just passed away. Five murders on the arsonist head now.

debruins 01-11-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 28880)
I'm new and still on my best behavior ;)

how long did this last?? a week??

btw first thread started in OT for tiny the newb:rofl::D:wavey:

AzTJ 01-11-2008 11:17 PM

DONT' DIG UP DEAD THREADS!

sheesh.

debruins 01-12-2008 09:21 AM

hehe I was booorreredddddd

foxinthemudd 01-12-2008 06:44 PM

that guy is going to wish he never started a fire when people get ahold of him. that would be very hard to deal with. I have a few friends up here who work in the fire department and even voulnteer for them I think that there would be a few choice words said to that individual when he got picked up by the PD or SO. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the familys of those brave men.

debruins 01-12-2008 10:53 PM

cough two year old thread cough

tiny terror 01-13-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debruins (Post 181379)
cough two year old thread cough

<cough> Yes, a two year old thread that you dug up <cough> :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxinthemudd (Post 181286)
that guy is going to wish he never started a fire when people get ahold of him. that would be very hard to deal with. I have a few friends up here who work in the fire department and even voulnteer for them I think that there would be a few choice words said to that individual when he got picked up by the PD or SO. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the familys of those brave men.

Fox, regardless of the age of the thread, the thoughts and prayers still matter. Two years is not long enough to heal of scar of that magnitude. The landscape still has not recovered, and I'm sure the families still remember everyday what they lost.

Recently we had a firestorm here in SoCal that burned numrous homes, acres of land and forests, and displaced people and wildlife alike. Luckily, we did not lose anyone this time. And yet, while we were facing smoke filled skies, reports of up to 15 fires, and fear that our own backyard would soon fall victim to copy cats, I saw the same sort of behavior. I however also witnessed people taking in others who were homeless and communities coming together. As horrible as it was, it's nice to see the human spirit, resiliant as always, doing for others without a blink of an eye.