Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Don't take my half doors (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/dont-take-my-half-doors-36898.html)

NVRDLMO 09-22-2009 09:11 PM

Don't take my half doors

Just got my half doors today ! I'll be putting the full doors on in a couple of weeks but........Do people steel half doors ? Should I be worried about this ? I had my ipod stolen out of my truck at a gas station a couple of weeks ago. Good thing you can't twitter with half doors !

Levinoss 09-22-2009 09:15 PM

If you are that worried about them get some lock nuts for them but I'm sure it happens from time to time. Get into the habit when the top is down to hide everything that's worth something in the center console or in a small backpack and take it with you. Keep it very clean so if people do look in all they see is nothing. Don't keep change in there because for some reason people will cut a expensive top just to get a buck in change...

On the lock nuts I wish I had bookmarked the link but I know I have seen them.

NVRDLMO 09-22-2009 09:36 PM

Thanks, I'm not that worried . I just don't want to "give" it all away.

motokeen 09-22-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NVRDLMO (Post 446516)

Where do you live agian? Just kidding.

Levinoss 09-22-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NVRDLMO (Post 446516)

Me and every other Jeeper I think totally understand. Do you still have the factory nuts for the full doors? Those are a pain in the arse in them selves to get off so I'd just keep them on if you want.

stevens243 09-22-2009 09:50 PM

Get a set of these if you're really worried: Quadratec Exclusive DN-9706 - Anti-Theft Hinge Pin Nuts for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

By the way, your song list sucked anyway! :D

Levinoss 09-22-2009 09:58 PM

Those are the ones! I'm tempted to get some my self.

stevens243 09-22-2009 10:10 PM

Well, I don't know how "secure" they are. Their claim is that they can't be removed with pliers or vice grips, but I'd like a crack at disproving that claim.

Plus, they look like they're just allen heads instead of the 6pt that come stock...Might discourage an unprepared thief I guess...

NVRDLMO 09-22-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevens243 (Post 446527)
Get a set of these if you're really worried: Quadratec Exclusive DN-9706 - Anti-Theft Hinge Pin Nuts for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

By the way, your song list sucked anyway! :D

I almost didn't get it.:rofl: My song list ROCKS :punk::punk::punk:

and thanks !

Levinoss 09-22-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevens243 (Post 446540)
Well, I don't know how "secure" they are. Their claim is that they can't be removed with pliers or vice grips, but I'd like a crack at disproving that claim.

Plus, they look like they're just allen heads instead of the 6pt that come stock...Might discourage an unprepared thief I guess...

I think that is pretty much what they are for.

stevens243 09-22-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NVRDLMO (Post 446544)
I almost didn't get it.:rofl: My song list ROCKS :punk::punk::punk:

and thanks !

Meh, I had to delete all those Dixie Chicks, Bay City Roller and Cat Stevens songs you had!:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levinoss (Post 446545)
I think that is pretty much what they are for.

I know. I'd still like a crack at seeing how "anti-theft" they are. I just did my cage and didn't have a T-55 security torx to remove the bolt from the overhead bar. It had green lock tight on it and I still removed both of them with vice grips!

Better than stock most likely!

NVRDLMO 09-22-2009 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Meh heh-heh

Attachment 11460

stevens243 09-22-2009 11:21 PM

http://collectingtokens.files.wordpr...7/10/rocky.jpg

Don't make me go all Dudley Do-right on your arse!

csamn2007 09-23-2009 02:58 AM

I never screw my half doors back on, i really should but its just easier to get them off that way. Who would steal purple half doors anyways.

jgano23 09-23-2009 06:52 AM

some people will steal ANYTHING. if you live in an area where you feel this might be an issue, do a levinoss said and put a nut on each door. that may deter someone b/c it is too much trouble.

mrcarcrazy 09-23-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csamn2007 (Post 446641)
I never screw my half doors back on, i really should but its just easier to get them off that way. Who would steal purple half doors anyways.

Prolly the same guy who stole 2 pink wheels out of the back of a pickup in DFW a few months back. (all four were back there, but they took one front and one rear)

morphious 09-23-2009 08:57 AM

wth who steals two wheels. i dont screw my half doors back on but i live in a pretty nice small town

mrcarcrazy 09-23-2009 10:29 AM

A moron apparently.

Its a funny story as to how they became pink...they were red...and apparently someone cleaned them wrong, they turned pink (He had already received hell for having pink wheels when they were red...so it was just meant to be.)

Then he had them in the back of his truck, and 2 walked away. (they were his "track" wheels for his Lotus.)

OP, I don't see any pics.

sonofabeach 09-23-2009 11:35 PM

I don't think you'll have a problem.
As soon as I bought my Jeep I took the door nuts off and tossed them over my shoulder. I keep it in my garage at night and it seems like it would make a scene if someone tried to take them while I'm out......but then again crooks don't care.

Come to think of it, I wish they'd get stolen so I could lobby the wife for full doors :D

mrcarcrazy 09-24-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonofabeach (Post 447283)
I don't think you'll have a problem.
As soon as I bought my Jeep I took the door nuts off and tossed them over my shoulder. I keep it in my garage at night and it seems like it would make a scene if someone tried to take them while I'm out......but then again crooks don't care.

Come to think of it, I wish they'd get stolen so I could lobby the wife for full doors :D

hmm...and they are already black....where do you live?:p

sonofabeach 09-24-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy (Post 447402)
hmm...and they are already black....where do you live?:p

Guess I should be careful what I wish for :doh: