Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Communications and Electronics (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/)
-   -   Uconnect 430 HardDrive Music Import (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/uconnect-430-harddrive-music-import-370082.html)

jim.derlatka 11-01-2013 07:18 PM

Uconnect 430 HardDrive Music Import

Hi i have a jeep wrangler 2014 with the u430 stereo

I've tried to import mp3 mpa from a usb stick.. they import ok, but when i play them on the hard drive it seems to skip through songs, and skip through in the song.

I can play the songs directly on the usb key in the stereo, and it plays perfect...

anyone have any suggestions

i have also deleted all of the music from the settings on the hard drive, and re-imported, and that didn't make any difference.

xsdbs 11-04-2013 08:16 AM

57 Attachment(s)
when you say "skips", do you mean like an old scratched record?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim.derlatka (Post 5824578)
Hi i have a jeep wrangler 2014 with the u430 stereo

I've tried to import mp3 mpa from a usb stick.. they import ok, but when i play them on the hard drive it seems to skip through songs, and skip through in the song.

I can play the songs directly on the usb key in the stereo, and it plays perfect...

anyone have any suggestions

i have also deleted all of the music from the settings on the hard drive, and re-imported, and that didn't make any difference.

ChasUGC 11-04-2013 10:09 AM

It sounds like you might have some bad files, and it might be corrupting the disk. Also, it sounds like you have a lot of different file formats. Does the hard drive support mpa? For safety sake I would try to add a few files, maybe three or five files, at mp3 128kps, on a clean hard drive, and see if it works properly.

xsdbs 11-05-2013 06:25 AM

57 Attachment(s)
I was also thinking about corrupted files. Good plan though to have him do a few MP3's only then retest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChasUGC (Post 5878186)
It sounds like you might have some bad files, and it might be corrupting the disk. Also, it sounds like you have a lot of different file formats. Does the hard drive support mpa? For safety sake I would try to add a few files, maybe three or five files, at mp3 128kps, on a clean hard drive, and see if it works properly.

garyw555 02-03-2014 10:57 PM

I tried to import about 4400 songs. After a lot of head scratching, I discovered that you can only import 2048 songs at a time. So I finally had to use three different thumb drives to get all of the songs loaded

taylorr 09-18-2016 06:04 PM

@garyw555 what method did you use to import? I am using a USB stick with over 2,000 songs and it took over 3 hours to get 50%. I was afraid my battery would die!
I had abort and start over later and it started to import duplicates. Ugh...this is a horrible method I must say. Wondering if a portable hard drive will be faster.
PS, thanks for the 2048 tip...again, a horrible method.

garyw555 09-19-2016 08:57 AM

I just used multiple USB drives, with different songs on each drive. UConnect made separate folders for each. Really messy way to import the songs.

enegizer07 10-29-2016 03:07 AM

I have a 120gb usb fat32 format and it works just fine on the 430n on the radio it shows up in folder view but when plugged in on console shows as one big list great for random playing of music. no need to copy music to radio. also when copying to radio don't worry about it just leave usb plugged in and let it do its thing. it resumes copying after every restart till completed as long as you don't remove the usb till done and it will tell you when its done.

papa john 10-30-2016 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enegizer07 (Post 27859465)
I have a 120gb usb fat32 format and it works just fine on the 430n on the radio it shows up in folder view but when plugged in on console shows as one big list great for random playing of music. no need to copy music to radio. also when copying to radio don't worry about it just leave usb plugged in and let it do its thing. it resumes copying after every restart till completed as long as you don't remove the usb till done and it will tell you when its done.

How many songs do you have on the stick and does the 430 recognize all of them?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

enegizer07 10-31-2016 12:16 AM

right now around 6000. so far see them all. but i also have them in folders too. my clarion nav deck i had in it wouldn't even read the 120gb usb.

papa john 10-31-2016 07:10 AM

Good to hear. At least now I have an idea of what to get. Keep me updated if you find a limit of the amount of songs it recognizes

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

taylorr 11-17-2016 07:05 AM

So, when you plug the USB into the console, what info shows on the screen? Does it display song name, artist, etc? Can you search? Or does it just act like a huge list of songs on random shuffle?
I spent days importing music into my head unit only to discover many of the songs did not copy over and many others show as "Unknown".
It is unbelievable all the technology that goes into vehicles and car manufactures basically ignore the entertainment systems...these things are like late 1990's tech.

IslandAubie 11-17-2016 07:22 AM

What's frustrating me is that all of my music folders and play list show up fine when just playing from the USB on the face plate. If I import the folders into the hard drive or plug the USB into the console all of the songs get dumped into one alphabetical list...no folders for navigation. Makes searching for a single album or song a pain.