Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (
-   -   Oil pressure switch (

dozer81 09-25-2009 11:42 AM

Oil pressure switch
Just wondering if I need a special tool to change,I think I can get it with pliers if I move my ac compressor but cant figure out how to get the fan belt off. Thanks

whitebuffalo 09-25-2009 12:47 PM

just make sure to not put it in an akward bind when removing it. i broke mine off flush with the block. it was mas pain in the ass.

95riogrande 10-02-2009 08:48 PM

Yes, A special oil pressure switch socket is required for the job. Looks just like a six point socket but it has rounded points.

NAVYCHIEF 10-02-2009 09:07 PM

would that be kinda like a spark plug socket?

95riogrande 10-03-2009 08:13 PM

No, I wouldn't say it is in anyway similar. It is a lot larger than 5/8" and doesn't have any rubber inside the socket. You can get one from AZ or any parts store I would assume. They usually fit a 1" or 1 1/16" switch. They vary in depth depending on how long the switch is. They have a 3/8" drive on the end and or a 6 point end to use with a wrench. Not sure if you can really tell in the picture but thats what I mean rounded points.

NAVYCHIEF 10-03-2009 09:08 PM

gotcha, thanks

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.