Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   D ring shckle mount (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/d-ring-shckle-mount-37576.html)

jeep95 10-05-2009 08:28 PM

D ring shckle mount
 
Does anyone have experience with the TeraFlex Bumper D-Ring Mount Kit(http://www.quadratec.com/products/92146_111.htm). Any reviews? I would be using it on a stock 2000 jeep wrangler bumper.

4Jeepn 10-05-2009 08:48 PM

I would not use it on a stock bumper.. not enough metal and if using it to pull might send it flying.. if you need a tow point just add some tow hook for 20 bucks..

jeep95 10-05-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Jeepn (Post 454206)
I would not use it on a stock bumper.. not enough metal and if using it to pull might send it flying.. if you need a tow point just add some tow hook for 20 bucks..

I would add tow hooks, but the problem is that I have $400 PIAA driving lights next to the bolts for the bumper to the frame. If a tow strap happens to snap, I don't want to lose one of the lights. Any suggestions?

4Jeepn 10-05-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep95 (Post 454215)
I would add tow hooks, but the problem is that I have $400 PIAA driving lights next to the bolts for the bumper to the frame. If a tow strap happens to snap, I don't want to lose one of the lights. Any suggestions?

I would rather lose the light than the whole jeep... redrill them out further perhaps?

jeep95 10-05-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Jeepn (Post 454218)
I would rather lose the light than the whole jeep... redrill them out further perhaps?

I looked at doing that but it would only move it about 4 inches. Are there any sturdy light covers for 580 series PIAA driving lights.

4Jeepn 10-05-2009 09:15 PM

Could you make some sort of fast relase mount for them and thus remove when on the trail?

SurfNaked2010 10-05-2009 09:18 PM

if you had the $ to spend that on lights invest in a bumper with D-ring shackles and the lights will be out of the way with the bumper light mounts TADA! http://www.quadratec.com/products/12052_3XX_PG.htm http://www.quadratec.com/products/12046_000_07.htm

jeep95 10-05-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurfNaked2010 (Post 454242)
if you had the $ to spend that on lights invest in a bumper with D-ring shackles and the lights will be out of the way with the bumper light mounts TADA! Rugged Ridge 11502.11 - Rugged Ridge RRC Front Grille Guard for 87-06 Jeep® Wrangler YJ & TJ - Quadratec

I was looking at the easiest way to go without spending $300 on a new bumper, but that sounds like the best option.

SurfNaked2010 10-05-2009 09:30 PM

it will be an investment that you will never regret

jeep95 10-07-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurfNaked2010 (Post 454254)
it will be an investment that you will never regret

Are there any bumpers you recommend(I was looking at the warn rock crawler bumper)?

PT4WDL 10-08-2009 06:06 PM

I will sell you my slightly modified Warn Rock Crawler bumper for 100$. Not a scratch on it, still has that fresh powder coat finish.

Cheech66 10-08-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PT4WDL (Post 455963)
I will sell you my slightly modified Warn Rock Crawler bumper for 100$. Not a scratch on it, still has that fresh powder coat finish.

show some pics might be intersted will it fit a lj 06??? how much for shipping 13617 area code

PT4WDL 10-09-2009 06:11 PM

I was just kidding with you, unless you are really interested. It has been bent at about a 90* angle on the pass side from when I smacked that tree. Funny thing is the paint didn't crack or chip. Even at the bend. I am planning on either cutting off both ends and making it a true stubby. Or cutting off the bad side and recreating the good side. Unless you are truly interested in damaged goods. I tried to straiten it and exploded my table vice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.