Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   what's up with that nickname??!?! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/whats-up-with-that-nickname-3769.html)

tiny terror 11-04-2006 06:15 PM

what's up with that nickname??!?!

When you signed up how'd you choose that whacky name we all know you by?

tiny terror is a nickname I earned instructing at my gym. Though, it was behind my back for a little while cuz they're all afraid of me :D

MR.CLIFFORD 11-04-2006 06:20 PM

Andy Clifford ;)

tiny terror 11-04-2006 06:21 PM

I imagine this big red dog when I see your name Mr. Clifford.

MR.CLIFFORD 11-04-2006 06:35 PM

That's because you are stuck in 3rd grade ;)

tiny terror 11-04-2006 08:05 PM

am not, am not, am not :p

H.G 11-04-2006 08:36 PM

well.. happyguts actually came about from my brother describing his ex wife when ever she was being a real bit*h
then it became a regularly used word amongst the family sometimes as a term of endearment.. usually to let you know if you were being an asswipe.

and OMG tiny.. I thought I was the only one who would of thought that..
noone I know has ever heard of Clifford the big red dog.

4Jeepn 11-04-2006 09:06 PM

Well, mine was on my Jeep plates.. hence.. Its a jeep and its
"4 Jeep N". however i can not take credit for it. I read it on a red ZJ about 10 years ago and it just stuck with me.

mrbigjeep 11-04-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.G
well.. happyguts actually came about from my brother describing his ex wife when ever she was being a real bit*h
then it became a regularly used word amongst the family sometimes as a term of endearment.. usually to let you know if you were being an asswipe.

and OMG tiny.. I thought I was the only one who would of thought that..
noone I know has ever heard of Clifford the big red dog.

i thought everybody had heard of clifford the big red dog too

amy 11-04-2006 10:02 PM

I didn't choose my usename, my parents saddled me with it at birth.

When I signed up here, I had an old keyboard with most of the letters worn off. Trying to type out a long, clever usename, with my hunt-n-peck style typing, was a real pain. So, I went with my real name. It's short and hard for me to forget.:p

I know who Cliffard the Big Red dog is but then, I have kids.

MR.CLIFFORD 11-04-2006 10:10 PM

My uncle Norman Bridwell is the originator of Clifford the big red dog. My dad is Clifford. :)

97REDTJ 11-04-2006 10:45 PM

97REDTJ..well i reckin its cause it a 1997 Red TJ..lol I could'nt think of anything better than...MY JEEP!

amerijeep 11-04-2006 11:46 PM

I'm a patriot, like all southerners, but I got amerijeep because I thought it was comical how many companies I had noticed started with "ameri". Amerihost, Amerisuites, Ameriben, Ameristar, Amerigas, etc. I ripped them all off. What's more American than Jeep?

Sorry peoples that live outside the borders. I'm sure you live in a nice place, too.

Dare2BSquare 11-04-2006 11:48 PM

Duh, I guess I'm just a "square" kind of guy.

Texapple 11-05-2006 09:04 AM

I've been always been texapple: Texas(my home)- Apple(Applegate is my last name)
....but when I signed on here I wanted to be anonymous http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/ad/paperbag.gif but everyone knows me now, go figure

maybe I should change my screen name on WF....this double identity is confusing me http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/confused009.gif

activelydying 11-05-2006 09:10 AM

i work in a funeral home and i had a nurse call one night to say she had a patient who was actively dying. i have never heard that term before, so it just kinda stuck with me.

Texapple 11-05-2006 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by activelydying
i work in a funeral home and i had a nurse call one night to say she had a patient who was actively dying. i have never heard that term before, so it just kinda stuck with me.

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/happy041.gif I've used that phrase before, we nurses are a strange breed

activelydying 11-05-2006 09:27 AM

is that a term they teach you in school or is it something you pick up on the job

Texapple 11-05-2006 10:33 AM

well, we are all actively dying, right? that term just clarifies it's in the immediate future http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/violent004.gif

activelydying 11-05-2006 10:43 AM

i just thought it was kinda funny because the patient was already dead. you would think once you are dead, you really can't be to active at things.

Texapple 11-05-2006 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by activelydying
i just thought it was kinda funny because the patient was already dead. you would think once you are dead, you really can't be to active at things.

so true ^^^^^^^

(we use the term in reference to hospice patients)

Odhinn 11-05-2006 01:03 PM

Mine was simple, I traced my family heritage a while ago and found that I am of three lines, German, Scottish, and Scandinavian (from the bloodline of a group of Viking Invaders that raided England and Ireland in the 1st century). Because of my interest in the Vikings I decided to pick my name from the King of their gods. Odhinn is one of the old ways his name was spelled in Viking Lore.

Hackle 11-05-2006 01:37 PM

I am a flyfisherman and Hackle is a fly fishing term. I have used it for many years as a gaming handle and stuck with it in the jeep world. Most people in AZ now know me better as Hackle the by my real name:)
Jim F.

RatherBNarizona 11-05-2006 02:07 PM

well i do live in AZ, and i always go down to mexico with my buddy. he has a house so we go down about once a month. he has 2 dune buggies, quads, jet skis, a many more toys.
Rather be in mexico :)

tiny terror 11-05-2006 06:19 PM

Sounds to me like everyone's names are pretty well thought out, even if it was just an off the cuff signup. That's cool. It's funny after reading posts by everyone that their pesonalities start to show in their names.

I belong to a writer's community with around ten thousand members and the names are indicator of who they are. I find the widely different ways people choose their names on these sorts of boards interesting because the name still offers a bit of insight into them. Even if it was just a goofy name you chose so you could post a question and didn't really have time to think about it.

Thanks guys, for answering. :D

camoedyj 11-05-2006 06:25 PM

well mine i have a yj and it is painted camo so i used camoed yj:)

rebelBullDawg325 11-05-2006 09:30 PM

rebel born rebel bred be a rebel till the day i'm dead
university of Georgia bulldogs.....go dogs sic em (and yes, i no it's a bad year for us)
b-day = march 25

RebelBullawg325

chasm 11-06-2006 09:46 AM

Well Tiny Terror, you'll like this one!

According to Webster, CHASM is a gorge or deep cleft in the earth. Having recently restored an old Willys Jeep, I realized that all Jeeps are chasms... kind of like hole in the earth where you throw lots of money!

Pretty deep and insightful, huh?

LOLOL

tiny terror 11-06-2006 10:27 AM

I like it, Chasm. Very insightful. And Dawg, how can that spelling of dog not be absolute best ever? Brings back my accent full force. Kickin' paint Camoed, is it really paint or vinyl?

Scout 11-06-2006 10:36 AM

Well mine is Simple, it's Scout. My only regret is not putting a comma between the two (admin can it be done?). I chose Scout because my first car was a 1978 International Scout II. My father and I put almost $ 8,000 of hard earned money into that thing. Then we sold it. I'm still kicking myself for selling that thing. Owning my Jeep reminds me of my Scout that's why I chose the name Simple Scout.

tiny terror 11-06-2006 10:52 AM

That's right, blame it on the comma.