Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Guitar players!? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/guitar-players-38020.html)

csamn2007 10-14-2009 05:37 PM

Guitar players!?
 
Well i have been playing electric guitar for a year or so now, still learning the basics. I picked it back up today after a couple of months due to training and such :crash:. My question is.

What is an easy song to learn? I dont care what genre really as long as it sounds good and fun to play.


Thanks!

Jp90Talon 10-14-2009 05:48 PM

The easy classic is Stairway to Heaven

4Jeepn 10-14-2009 06:17 PM

Tom petty: My Sister got lucky and married a yuppie(your so bad)
Bad Company:Can't get enough of your love
Posin: talk dirty to me
Bon Jovi: wanted dead or alive

jerryj 10-14-2009 06:30 PM

Ah yes Stairway to Heaven I could butcher that song for hrs :D

ExDementia 10-14-2009 07:26 PM

Old Metallica songs are pretty easy and are fun to play, Over the hills and far away by led zep is a teeny bit more advanced but thats a pretty easy song that will impress people quick. Oh and Tribute by Tenacious D is good too. These last two are better on acoustic but it doesn't matter too much.

What kind of music are you looking to play mostly? classic rock? metal? new rock? Anything by Blink 182 is super easy lol. Tell me some songs you know already or songs you are trying to learn so I can gauge your skill level and can make better suggestions.

(Been playing guitar off and on for about 5-6 years)

jdhallissey 10-14-2009 07:34 PM

^ why would he come to you about guitar? I can hear you butchering songs all the way to IL :D

csamn2007 10-14-2009 09:44 PM

Thanks guys!

csamn2007 10-14-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExDementia (Post 459595)
Old Metallica songs are pretty easy and are fun to play, Over the hills and far away by led zep is a teeny bit more advanced but thats a pretty easy song that will impress people quick. Oh and Tribute by Tenacious D is good too. These last two are better on acoustic but it doesn't matter too much.

What kind of music are you looking to play mostly? classic rock? metal? new rock? Anything by Blink 182 is super easy lol. Tell me some songs you know already or songs you are trying to learn so I can gauge your skill level and can make better suggestions.

(Been playing guitar off and on for about 5-6 years)

mostly classic rock or new rock. any suggestions?

whitebuffalo 10-15-2009 08:39 AM

i thought the star spangled banner was fun to learn and not hard. plus it gives you a chance to play with effects and such (assuming your a fan of the jimmy hendrix version of course)

njatrtljp 10-15-2009 09:15 AM

Glycerine by Bush is super easy. the whole song only uses 4 chords.

Tazman2 10-15-2009 10:50 AM

paint it black rolling stones

sonofabeach 10-17-2009 01:05 AM

Margaritaville? Three chords.

Screwjack 10-20-2009 10:16 AM

I use CountryTabs | Free country music guitar tabs, chords, and lyrics. to find new songs. You can look through for songs you know, and skim over them to pretty quickly decide if you can play them. Also I will just print off songs I want to learn and butcher them off an on even though I can't play them. I think the best way to get better is to, in addition to songs you can play with your eyes closed, keep trying things just outside your skill level.

chezuki 10-20-2009 11:07 AM

ULTIMATE GUITAR TABS ARCHIVE | 300,000+ Guitar Tabs, Bass Tabs, Chords and Guitar Pro Tabs!

Awesome resource!!

ccain 10-20-2009 11:24 AM

It's real easy to play the Snickers song. And the lyrics are easy too.

Quote:

Happy Peanuts soar over chocolate covered mountaintops
and waterfalls of caramel.

Prancing nougat in the meadow sings a song of satisfaction to the world.

The world
I mean come on, anybody can play Stairway... This will amaze your friends at parties. :D I used to play it to tiny on the telephone.

ygohome 10-20-2009 11:29 AM

Amazing grace was the first I can remember learning. I found the music sheet on my mom's organ.

tiny terror 10-20-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccain (Post 464001)
I mean come on, anybody can play Stairway... This will amaze your friends at parties. :D I used to play it to tiny on the telephone.

That's what stole my heart.... :D

Jeepzcb09 10-20-2009 12:51 PM

play drums... a mans instrument

Coyote_94YJ 10-20-2009 02:45 PM

I will be buying a Electron Blue Stratocaster soon. I really want to learn to play the guitar. Especially Metallica songs.

If you can learn any one of these you would be my hero. :D

I want to learn these.

One
King Nothing
Master of Puppets
Battery
Until It Sleeps
Welcome Home(Sanitarium)
Turn The Page
Fade To Black
For Whom The Bell Tolls

Or AC/DC - Safe In New York City

jgano23 10-20-2009 02:52 PM

play anything gary hoey plays, all his stuff is super easy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFMQOgSS2oc

Coyote_94YJ 10-20-2009 04:11 PM

OMG!!! I was watching a Metallica video on YouTube and on the side selection there was this video.

I must have this. :D

YouTube - iPhone Pocket Guitar: Metallica, Nothing Else Matters

jgano23 10-21-2009 07:51 AM

that is AWESOME!!!

csamn2007 10-21-2009 12:50 PM

Thats crazy, Thanks for the help guys.

ExDementia 10-21-2009 06:58 PM

Metallica is great for learning guitar, all they're songs are fun, and easy. But they also teach you to downpick everything:doh:

(James Hetfield is the downpick king along side Scott Ian from Anthrax)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdhallissey (Post 459604)
^ why would he come to you about guitar? I can hear you butchering songs all the way to IL :D

:flipoff:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.