Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   YJ Tech Forum (
-   -   idle issue and wiring problem (

The89YJ 10-15-2009 01:47 PM

idle issue and wiring problem
i just changed my fuel pump on my 89yj 2.5 and it idles kind of high its not the pump it did it before i changed it but it idles around 1500 1700 rpms and when i push in the brakes it goes up more but i think thats normal. is there a way to adjust it? and under my dash and hood there is a mess of wires which i have no clue where any of them go, the guy that owned it before me was a complete hack and i was just wondering where i could get a diagram of the wires so i can maybe clean it up a little bit. i will post some pictures of it and the mess of wire a little later. also i have an alignment problem because my front tires are wearing down extremely fast and my back tires are fine, ive herd of a way to do an alignment at home does anyone know how to or if it is even possible. thank you for your help

NAVYCHIEF 10-15-2009 01:49 PM

for wiring diagrams go to Scribd
search jeep wrangler wiring diagrams.

Rainycity 10-15-2009 02:34 PM

Well, used to be you could alignments at home with a tight string around the tires then just having to set you toe in toe out, but not anymore I dont think.
That scrbd is a pretty site cheif.

NAVYCHIEF 10-15-2009 02:38 PM

yeah. i like scribd. i also down loaded parts catalogs for yjs there. you can save them to your puter or to disc.

The89YJ 10-15-2009 04:47 PM

ok but about the idle problem any suggestions

NAVYCHIEF 10-15-2009 06:31 PM

ok, someone will come along

tlrrob1000 10-16-2009 01:18 AM

I would say you have a vacuum problem. Idle is high and then gets higher when you push the brakes. Good chance vacuum. It is not normal for your idle to go up when you brake. Almost sounds like one of the one way valves has gone bad.

The89YJ 10-16-2009 11:45 AM

would that be a hard fix and what would that consist of?

tlrrob1000 10-17-2009 12:13 AM

No not hard at all. All you need is a vacuum diagram to pin point which one way valve and or hose leak will cause the issue. I don't have a diagram but you could go to your nearest dealer and ask them to print it out for you. It is great when they get anoyed because they have to do something for free.:flipoff:
Some one here may have one. You could also listen for a sucking sound and pore water a little at a time on your vacuum lines and listen for a change in idle. Also with the valves you can take one off at a time and blow back and forth through it. should only go one way.