Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF Community Announcements (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f7/)
-   -   changes to the forum layout.... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f7/changes-to-the-forum-layout-384610.html)

4Jeepn 11-11-2013 04:09 PM

changes to the forum layout....

Hi,

You may have noticed that some major changes took place.. with layout in the model area's.. This is still a work in process and will take a bit to get the final look as we adjust it. The end goal is to have the same block type layout that we do now, but offer more options for areas to post in. Until everything is done, you may find a post that is in one of these new sections is moved around. However all posts will get a home in the correct area over time. Thanks and we hope you enjoy the changes taking place.

kjeeper10 11-11-2013 04:44 PM

:thumb:

srad600 11-11-2013 06:18 PM

Looks great so far, caught me off gaurd, lol.

Keep up the good work!

Barmanvarn 11-11-2013 06:23 PM

As a person with self-diagnosed OCD, I applaud any attempt at better organization. :)

Thanks mods!

ElectricJay 11-11-2013 06:32 PM

Thanks!:thumb:

DrewG 11-12-2013 08:05 AM

Typically I dislike change, but this one is pretty nice! Now I've got a place to post TJ specific, but not super "Tech-related" stuff without the Tech-nazis yelling at me.

tabber02 11-12-2013 09:29 AM

:dance:

sparky 11-13-2013 02:10 PM

Strickly my opinion, but I like the old style better. It had less layers to go through before getting to the threads.

I know you are trying to keep the site fresh and usable. I am glad it is actively maintained and thought about.

JDsDream 11-13-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 6094554)
Strickly my opinion, but I like the old style better. It had less layers to go through before getting to the threads.

I know you are trying to keep the site fresh and usable. I am glad it is actively maintained and thought about.

We are not through yet and I think that once we are you will find it easier than ever to find what you are looking for.

PecosRiver 11-14-2013 07:11 PM

I don't like change. I was used to the old and the new is not going to make me happy.

JDsDream 11-14-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 6130010)
I don't like change. I was used to the old and the new is not going to make me happy.

The only changes are in the model specific forums. We've had so many complaints about all of the non-tech threads in the tech forums. Give it a chance please. You might find that you like it better.

tabber02 11-14-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 6135946)
The only changes are in the model specific forums. We've had so many complaints about all of the non-tech threads in the tech forums. Give it a chance please. You might find that you like it better.

:thumb:

PecosRiver 11-14-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 6135946)

I doubt it.

PecosRiver 11-15-2013 09:24 PM

Much better now that I can collapse the models that hold no interest to me. Thanks.

distortedtj 11-15-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 6130010)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 6137202)
I doubt it.

:rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 6157554)
Much better now that I can collapse the models that hold no interest to me. Thanks.

Now I've known you a long time here on this forum. Don't make me call Tiny&Scout back to hello kitty you.

mcdull 11-15-2013 11:35 PM

Search function doesn't work properly, it returns results of old links which only brings me back to the home page. So, I can't find the threads where I want to get some information, but seems a lot of threads are now buried somewhere can't be found
Same if I go into my account page to find my old posts, they're using the old links.

PecosRiver 11-16-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distortedtj (Post 6160434)
:rofl:

Now I've known you a long time here on this forum. Don't make me call Tiny&Scout back to hello kitty you.

Bring 'em on, separately or together, I'm ready!

SMOKINRUBICON 11-16-2013 10:41 AM

I like the new format. Good work!

kjeeper10 11-16-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokinrubicon (Post 6166410)
i like the new format. Good work!

thank you !!!!!!!

Shadow's_Jeep 11-16-2013 09:57 PM

Looks good now that I have the right phone app to view it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

jk'n 11-19-2013 12:18 AM

Been away for a while. Got back and it seems that someone rearranged all the furniture in the house.

My initial impression was WTH....what happened....who dropped a bomb on the forum. I thought the old format was simple. One place to post on JKs. I liked going to the one place to read.

I understand the give it a chance posts. But my initial impression is that I'm not liking it. I'm giving it a chance but my opinion is not likely to change. Not that it will matter. I'll have to get used to the new reality since it is unlikely to change back.

JDsDream 11-19-2013 07:02 AM

Actually the JK information is now in one place. Before the change, information was spread between the Tech forum, general discussion forum, build forum, and pic forums. All very separate areas with the latter three being shared by all models. We have just put all of those forums in one JK specific area. No more sorting through the other model information to find what you need. Another reason for this is that so many non-tech posts were being added to the tech forum, it caused threads with real tech questions to sink so quickly that some where never answered.

So welcome back and thank you for giving it a chance and as the old commercial says "Try it, you may like it"

DURTY_tires 11-19-2013 09:10 AM

I love the new changes they look great, but i had an idea; would there be any possibility to thumbs up threads and replies to threads? it would be much easier that posting an X2 reply, if you know what i mean. I dont think this is already a possibility but if it is somebody point me into the right direction please. thanks.

JDsDream 11-19-2013 10:56 AM

There is an option in the upper right hand corner, just above the first post for rating the thread.

Click on the rate thread and a drop down menu will give you star options.

Unfortunately there is no option for rating a particular post yet.

DURTY_tires 11-19-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 6232738)
There is an option in the upper right hand corner, just above the first post for rating the thread. Thread Tools v Search this Thread Rate Thread v Click on the rate thread and a drop down menu will give you star options. Unfortunately there is no option for rating a particular post yet.

Thanks, but I somewhat specifically meant rating a particular post, being able to thumbs up or down it would be very convenient and a cool feature.

tabber02 11-19-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DURTY_tires (Post 6235466)
Thanks, but I somewhat specifically meant rating a particular post, being able to thumbs up or down it would be very convenient and a cool feature.

we're following you. to be honest, it'd probably be a nice feature -- but thumbs down won't be perceived very well by the masses, and turn into flame fests. i've seen it happen on a few other forums.

and no one wants to have to clean up one of those messes -- especially if it could be prevented.

:mooning:

DURTY_tires 11-19-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabber02 (Post 6239922)
we're following you. to be honest, it'd probably be a nice feature -- but thumbs down won't be perceived very well by the masses, and turn into flame fests. i've seen it happen on a few other forums.

and no one wants to have to clean up one of those messes -- especially if it could be prevented.

:mooning:

You're absolutely correct, numerous upon numerous occasions, there are internet trolls who feel the need to instigate a fight based on the amount of dislikes on a thread or just bash someone with dislikes. That being said, the thumbs up part would probably be a keeper from this idea, and the thumbs down...well, i'll leave that to you guys.

kjeeper10 11-20-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 6228250)
Actually the JK information is now in one place. Before the change, information was spread between the Tech forum, general discussion forum, build forum, and pic forums. All very separate areas with the latter three being shared by all models. We have just put all of those forums in one JK specific area. No more sorting through the other model information to find what you need. Another reason for this is that so many non-tech posts were being added to the tech forum, it caused threads with real tech questions to sink so quickly that some where never answered. So welcome back and thank you for giving it a chance and as the old commercial says "Try it, you may like it"

:thumb: <----- this works :D

PecosRiver 12-11-2013 09:35 AM

Hi,

Back again to give feedback about the new layout. As you can see by the dates of my posts, I've given the new layout a chance. I'm finding that I'm spending less time browsing the site now than before. I understand all the JK stuff is in one place now, but I don't find the site as easy as it used to be. It is better than the earliest changes, but I'm still not a fan of the changes.

Sorry,
Glen

InvictusDecretum 12-12-2013 07:37 AM

^ same here even though I was only here a short while before it changed. But what REALLY grinds my gears is not being able to edit posts more than a short while after posting.