Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

flares and laws <(0.0)>

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Schmo 
#1 ·
So Finally i think i know why my jeep looks so Tame! The Flares cover my 33x12.50 tires easily. Ive noticed all the more rugged/agressive looking jeep's tires stick out!Most are on stock flares, and some flat flares! and here in Texas i see some without any, but its the same fellow rolling on 40's and his rig makes mine look like a tonka toy :) So with that in mind, i DO NOT have the stock fenders. I figure I could get some shorter flares, and if I'm going to do that i should just get flat style flares because there freaking tight looking lol I'm not worried about the jeep getting more dirty, if anything that's a plus :)

which of the two flares are shorter (thus showing more of my tire)?
Xenon 9190 - Xenon 4" Flat Panel Flare Kit for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec - says 2.75" EXTRA coverage??
Bushwacker 10920-07 - Bushwacker Flat Style Flares for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec -States 4" flare total?

I have some 6" or 7" random brand flares. ATM

Secondly, Currently i live in Dallas,TX, we have no tire coverage laws, but can someone help me find Arkansas's Coverage laws, I've looked for the codes, but I'm terrible and can't find them :)

See less See more
#2 ·
stupid online codes, 1 hour of looking and its somewhere hidden in there.

#3 ·
Both Xenon and Bushwacker make both 4'' and 6'' wide flat-fender flares. The widths are the same between the brands.

Seeing both brands first hand I would use the Bushwacker. But that is just personnel preference.

Width is up to you saying you want more of the tire to stick out get the 4'' wide.

#4 ·
bushwacker go 4 inch.

#6 ·
To find out the laws, the easiest method would be to contact a police department in Arkansas...if you call their state highway patrol, they'll probably be able to give you the most thorough answer out of all the other stations.

#8 ·
Considering the price they want for plastic flares, why not check out some tube fenders . . . have you seen the new GenRight's . . . now those are "freaking tight looking"!!!

#9 ·
link to said tube fenders... I need big ones front and rear for 35's

#12 ·
Doesn't look like GenRight has updated their website just yet, but they changed the design of the tube fenders with flares and both the HiLine and normal tubes, have the new design which to me looks 100x better as up front it's just one nice smooth bend vs. the "B" shape where the flare is added on on the old style. If you don't mind the old style, you might want to give GenRight a call and see what type of deal you can get as they seemed to be clearing them out at their last swapmeet. If I decide to go to 35's, this will be how I fit them to avoid having to do a BL or more lift...not only do I like the Low COG but that way I'll still fit in my garage . . . and they look badass!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.