Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   TJ Tech Forum (
-   -   Shifter boot (

trailrated13 12-06-2009 03:49 PM

Shifter boot
Ok so when I put a BL on my Jeep we had to do some messing around with the shifter. During the process the plastic around the bottom of the boot the darn thing will not stay down. When I shift it pops up and aggravates the tar out of me:banghead::mad:!!! I can't find a replacement part so if you guys know where I can buy one or how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it!

harleyharv 12-06-2009 04:11 PM

When I bought my used TJ the boot was floating around on the shifter. The broken retainer you refered to was gone. I went to my Jeep dealership and bought a new one. I think it was around $20.00 and the counter guy went out and put it on too!

trailrated13 12-06-2009 04:13 PM

Ok thank you so much. As simple as it is I hadn't even thought of going to the dealer.

terrible2 12-06-2009 09:23 PM

Just glue it? you might end up trimming it anyways if you ever get a suspension lift. I took the plastic cover off and ripped out the metal underneath because it was making me pop out of gear.

burton160w 12-06-2009 09:28 PM

Dealership FTW, I paid $16 for mine, and he had to order it. Took a day to come in and it is the easiest part to install. Just don't be dumb and think that it around the outside of the boot.