Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (
-   -   factory rocker panels......just wondering (

activelydying 11-26-2006 09:37 AM

factory rocker panels......just wondering
i just took off the plastic panels on my jeep(i believe they're called rocker panels), and right behind the front tire there is a hole about an inch in diameter with clear tape over top. does anyone have any idea what this would be used for.

Odhinn 11-26-2006 10:22 AM

That might be the hole for the factory fender flares. There's a small peice that goes from the flare about 6 inches down the rocker. The addition of some of the rocker guards require those to be removed.

Mudweiser 11-26-2006 10:46 PM

Found that on mine when i took that goofy lookin fender flare extension off my jeep. Not sure what its for, its like shrink wrapped with plastic across it. I put diamond plate rocker guards on anyhow to cover it up. It is rather goofy lookin exposed though.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.