Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   On The Trail (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/)
-   -   Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree - Who's Going? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/texas-spur-jeep-jamboree-whos-going-4158.html)

Scout 11-28-2006 02:16 PM

Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree - Who's Going?
 
Anyone going to the Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree in Llano March 4, 5 and 6th?

Here's a link from Gregs site for the 2006 Texas Spur: http://jeeptales.com/06_Texas_Spur.cfm

Sign up begins December 1st.

I'll be there!

whitebuffalo 11-28-2006 02:49 PM

im a myabe. i was looking for info on it earlier today. whats the cost? like 300?

Scout 11-28-2006 02:51 PM

I think it's a Just Trails (not sure though) so it should be around $ 200.00. I'm sure Greg (jeep tales) will chime in here in a bit. He'll probably know all the details about this one.


Edit: I just read online that last years event was either $ 250 or $ 265. I saw both prices in two different places.

jeeptales 11-28-2006 05:25 PM

I'll be there!
 
I'm planning on going there FOR SURE!!!

Last year this was a "Classisc Trip" @ $265.00

Scout 11-28-2006 05:40 PM

I'll see you there Greg! Do you know if the 07 trip will be "Classic" or "Just Trails"? I'm now assuming "Classic" since the 06 was.

Any good camp grounds around there too? Maybe one with a shower and a toilet? :D

jeeptales 11-30-2006 11:45 AM

Yes
 
WE all saty at the Oxford Campgounds about 4 miles from the ranch.

Showers with hot water and clean.

Registration opens tonight at midnight!

www.JeepJamboreeUSA.com

Scout 11-30-2006 11:47 AM

Thanks for the info Greg!

jeeptales 12-01-2006 03:33 PM

Well...
 
Did any of you sign up yet?

Scout 12-01-2006 03:38 PM

Funny you asked. I just signed up less that 5 minutes ago. All I need to do now is book the camp ground.

whitebuffalo are you going? If so this one will fill up fast! I'll buy everyone a beer out of my cooler. :D

whitebuffalo 12-01-2006 05:12 PM

man....i want to, and in fact was signing up when i realized it an EXTRA 265 for a passenger. i really wanna go, but not alone...and none of my broke friends will shell out 265 to ride shotgun. i dunno...im on the fence

jeeptales 12-01-2006 05:16 PM

Shotgun!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebuffalo (Post 34228)
man....i want to, and in fact was signing up when i realized it an EXTRA 265 for a passenger. i really wanna go, but not alone...and none of my broke friends will shell out 265 to ride shotgun. i dunno...im on the fence

Sign up for the trip...

You will not have to ride alone.

We break a Jeep or two every year so It's easy to find Riders.

This trip is so cool and the Campgroud is not as harsh as Palo Duro.

You know I will have Lone Star as a Site Sponsor in 2007 so I'll have about 20 cases to share with my friends...

Scout 12-01-2006 05:24 PM

Sign up. You can join in on my group if you want. I won't steer you into a tree. :D

Also, you can sign up now and add passengers later. the main thing is reserving a place for your Jeep. You can add passengers up to a month before the Jamboree.


Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebuffalo (Post 34228)
man....i want to, and in fact was signing up when i realized it an EXTRA 265 for a passenger. i really wanna go, but not alone...and none of my broke friends will shell out 265 to ride shotgun. i dunno...im on the fence


jeeptales 12-01-2006 06:00 PM

Size Matters!
 
The problem with this Jeep Jamboree is Roy Inks; the Ranch owner wants to limit the Environmental impact on his 125 year old family owned ranch and Caps the Group to 125 Jeeps, add in the 24 Trail Guides me and now we are at 150.

This is such a well Run Jeep Jamboree folks keep coming back year after year and the Small Group sells out quick. Save a Spot for your Jeep there are three other seat belts in your Rig and you will be surprised how many folks get left out and wish they could just hitch a ride...

The South Texas Jeep Jamboree has been a sell out for the last 13 years... It is the first one to sell out year after year.

Did you ever listen to any of the PodCast on my website from the 2005 Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree?


Listen to a few you will be amazed at just how much folks love this event.

jeeptales 12-01-2006 06:23 PM

Did you see this?
 

whitebuffalo 12-01-2006 06:40 PM

OK...ok...Im in. you win :D

i signed up

whitebuffalo 12-01-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Scout (Post 34234)
Sign up. You can join in on my group if you want. I won't steer you into a tree. :D

Also, you can sign up now and add passengers later. the main thing is reserving a place for your Jeep. You can add passengers up to a month before the Jamboree.

what does your "tons of crap" consist of. last run i ran modified (middle class), and was alittle outgunned but managed everything on day 2. day 1, i had to get pulled once or twice. im under-tired, but over motivated :flipoff:

jeeptales 12-01-2006 06:48 PM

So you know...
 
I just got off the phone with Debbie at the Oxford Ranch Camp Ground.

All of the Full Hook-ups Spots are sold for the RVs she has a few Electric Only spots left but thinks they wilkl be gone by the Weekend.

She asked me if I knew "What happend???" her phone started ringing off the hook yesterday. It might be the 4,500 email I sent out two days ago... WHO KNOWS!

Scout 12-01-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebuffalo (Post 34295)
what does your "tons of crap" consist of. last run i ran modified (middle class), and was alittle outgunned but managed everything on day 2. day 1, i had to get pulled once or twice. im under-tired, but over motivated :flipoff:

Just what it says. :D

JK - I'll post up my pics maybe tonight. I just changed out my old shocks to OME and installed tube fenders. I'll post up my list of mods when I put the pics up.

Just so you know, I've spent an absolute fortune on my rig in the past 6 months. At this point I REALLY don't want to tear anything up. I'll probably sign up for one of the milder trails for this Jamboree since I've never done this one before. I've done the Palo Duro Jamboree back in May and plan on doing it again for 07. For Palo Duro I'll probably step it up a group or two. With so many mods on my rig I really want to get comfortable with it before I try anything I'm not ready for.

Scout 12-01-2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeptales (Post 34298)
I just got off the phone with Debbie at the Oxford Ranch Camp Ground.

All of the Full Hook-ups Spots are sold for the RVs she has a few Electric Only spots left but thinks they wilkl be gone by the Weekend.

She asked me if I "What happend???" her phone started ringing off the hook yesterday. It might be the 4,500 email I sent out two days ago... WHO KNOWS!

I just reserved mine too. :D Electric only but at least I can plug in my curling iron (<--that was a joke :D )

whitebuffalo 12-01-2006 06:55 PM

sooooo......do i need to reserve a campsite? fyi, if im alone, my dodge is my tent


scout...we'll have to touch base beforehand, ill sign up with you
that s not a dig at greg btw, i know he usu, does stock. im close to stock, but willing to risk the damage, since mine is already ugly :flipoff:
and btw, greg, ill take u up on the beer offer......u know my weakness (lone star light) in fact...that could have contributed to my signing up (sipping on a tall boy as we speak)


IM STOKED

Scout 12-01-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebuffalo (Post 34304)
sooooo......do i need to reserve a campsite? fyi, if im alone, my dodge is my tent


scout...we'll have to touch base beforehand, ill sign up with you
that s not a dig at greg btw, i know he usu, does stock. im close to stock, but willing to risk the damage, since mine is already ugly :flipoff:
and btw, greg, ill take u up on the beer offer......u know my weakness (lone star light) in fact...that could have contributed to my signing up (sipping on a tall boy as we speak)


IM STOKED

Ha! I'm glad we have at least a few folks from WF brave enough to take the plunge and sign up (:flipoff: he he he - *snicker)

You might want to call and ask what they want you to do as far as the camp site goes. Here's the number 877-247-1639. Worst case you can always park it at my site and hang out with us.

I was basically stock at Palo Duro (Greg and I were in the same group) this year and made it out without a scratch. Mud on the other hand was a different issue. When the body shop pulled my old fenders off I bet there was 5 pounds of Palo Duro Canyon on their shop floor :D .

Here's an old pick from this years Palo Duro:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t/DSC00783.jpg

Scout 12-01-2006 07:38 PM

Here's some from Palo Duro:

Mostly stock:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t/DSC00717.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t/DSC00827.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t/DSC00782.jpg

Here's Greg (aka jeeptales):

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t/DSC00744.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t/DSC00853.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t/DSC00864.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t/DSC00872.jpg

whitebuffalo 12-01-2006 11:45 PM

Sounds cool. let me know if yall wanna all run together. im game for anything (well...stock or slightly above stock.)greg, are u a trailguide this time? if u are, i might just run with you this time around. i was hoping to be more beefed up before the next big run, but money and blah blah blah. u know how it is. ill call on the campsite deal monday. is it off-site from the trails?

amy 12-02-2006 01:13 AM

I've never been to a Jeep Jamboree. What do you get for the registration fees?

Scout 12-02-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebuffalo (Post 34424)
Sounds cool. let me know if yall wanna all run together. im game for anything (well...stock or slightly above stock.)greg, are u a trailguide this time? if u are, i might just run with you this time around. i was hoping to be more beefed up before the next big run, but money and blah blah blah. u know how it is. ill call on the campsite deal monday. is it off-site from the trails?


Sounds good on my end. We'll join up!

Scout 12-02-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy (Post 34445)
I've never been to a Jeep Jamboree. What do you get for the registration fees?

amy, try this: http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/faq.htm

amy 12-02-2006 02:45 PM

Thanks for the link, Scout. Sounds like a lot of fun!:D

jeeptales 12-03-2006 12:16 PM

Trail Guides???
 
I hope I get a spot as a trail guide this year.

Not an easy gig to come by.

I've been running with this gang for over ten years now.

My plan is to go to all the work days and see if I can earn a spot in 2007.

Last year I think I did an Okay Job at the Smaller YO Ranch Venue and I've helped out at all the other Jeep Jamborees I've attended the last 6 years.

In fact, I even got several nominations for VP of S.A.J.E. this year so I guess I'm moving up the 4x4 Food Chain.

Tony Winkler is a good friend of mine but his word on who the trail guide team is will be the Law so what ever he thinks I'm cool with.

Odhinn 12-03-2006 12:21 PM

I'm looking into going also If work lets me off and time/family permits. I think I will hate myself if I'm not able to go.

jeeptales 12-03-2006 12:35 PM

It's a good time...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Odhinn (Post 34711)
I'm looking into going also If work lets me off and time/family permits. I think I will hate myself if I'm not able to go.


I have been to a lot of JJUSA Events over the years and you will have a tough time finding a better more well run event.

You should come...

The Tickets for this event are selling fast don't get left out if you can avoid it.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.