Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Hood Wranglers (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/hood-wranglers-42091.html)

h2otoo 12-31-2009 07:41 AM

Hood Wranglers

Happy New Year, all.

I just installed a set of Daystar Hood Wranglers and was wondering if anyone has had these for any length of time. Seems like they put alot of stress on the original jeep brackets. Anyone know of these brackets not being able to last?

Thanks,
Bob:wavey:

CruserBruiser 12-31-2009 11:11 AM

Not real sure but I havent heard of anybody having any problems with them. Not to hijack your thread or anything but how long did you waite for those?? mine have been on back order for like two months.

JIMBOX 12-31-2009 11:49 AM

:) I just left my stock ones on and removed the spring and added a gasket on the hood sill-perfect

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

h2otoo 12-31-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruserBruiser (Post 514340)
Not real sure but I havent heard of anybody having any problems with them. Not to hijack your thread or anything but how long did you waite for those?? mine have been on back order for like two months.

Ordered them on the 21st, them came on the 29th, not too long.

Bob

jk'n 12-31-2009 11:55 PM

Hood flop adds to the thrill of driving a jeep. Why tie it down? Got some good hood flutter the other day in real gusty conditions here in MA.

h2otoo 01-01-2010 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk'n (Post 514747)
Hood flop adds to the thrill of driving a jeep. Why tie it down?

Because I can:)

JIMBOX 01-01-2010 08:28 AM

:eek: Yo jk'n, if you need the hood flopping and threatning to break loose, for more thrill !!!

You need to buy a Ninja motorcycle and ride in the snow !

jk'n 01-01-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2otoo (Post 514778)
Because I can:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX (Post 514785)
:eek: Yo jk'n, if you need the hood flopping and threatning to break loose, for more thrill !!!

You need to buy a Ninja motorcycle and ride in the snow !

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the chuckle this morning. I got some good visuals on that Ninja motorcycle ride in the snow!

When I first saw that hood flop/flap going on it scared the b'jesus out of me. I actually went home, checked for skid marks, and then opened the hood and really checked out what was going on there. I'm satisfied that if the rubber band hold downs fail that the hood latch will prevent anything bad from happening and give me ample warning to put new rubber bands on....if that ever happens. Even after two years of driving it, I still get surprised by it though on occasion.

iamagolfspaz 01-01-2010 12:57 PM

Had my Hood Wranglers on for several months now. No complaints about them.

h2otoo 01-01-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamagolfspaz (Post 514858)
Had my Hood Wranglers on for several months now. No complaints about them.

Thanks for the feed back. Pretty amazing how much more pressure there is over the stock hold downs.

Bob

iamagolfspaz 01-01-2010 02:38 PM

It will loosen up just a bit. They get easier to latch. But still no flutter.

hcso617 01-03-2010 01:26 PM

I've had the hood wranglers for a year now, big difference over the stock ones. After I purchased them I understand Jeep issued a TSB to replace the originals with a new and improved type. I don't know anyone who has them.

Ape 01-03-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcso617 (Post 515890)
I understand Jeep issued a TSB to replace the originals with a new and improved type. I don't know anyone who has them.

I bought a new '09 back in May... hood has never moved at high speeds or with high wind. So I am guessing the issue was resolved before I bought mine.

h2otoo 01-04-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ape (Post 515997)
I bought a new '09 back in May... hood has never moved at high speeds or with high wind. So I am guessing the issue was resolved before I bought mine.

Funny, I bought mine 1 May, new, but had been in inventory for a while. My hood bounce around a lot.

Bob

jk'n 01-05-2010 04:46 PM

My hood only flaps around in severe gusts. I consider it a reminder to slow down before I get blown over a half a lane by a side gust. So, something that some consider bad, I consider good for the sake of safety. Just trying to look on the positive side of things...you know...the glass is half full. ;)

Ape 01-05-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2otoo (Post 516304)
Funny, I bought mine 1 May, new, but had been in inventory for a while. My hood bounce around a lot.

Bob

I had a late April build date... when was yours?
I'd check with the dealer and see if it falls within the TSB dates.

scopop 01-06-2010 10:24 AM

I was just thinking about starting a thread on tis issue. My 09 didn't have hood flop until I lifted and leveled it. Now in high winds it flops. I've got use to it now, but I think I'll check out these " Hood Wranglers"

JIMBOX 01-06-2010 10:35 AM

:D Instead of BUYING something, why don't you just do like I said, remove the spring

It's existance is only for "women", ease of hood access to the latch !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopop (Post 517885)
I was just thinking about starting a thread on tis issue. My 09 didn't have hood flop until I lifted and leveled it. Now in high winds it flops. I've got use to it now, but I think I'll check out these " Hood Wranglers"

h2otoo 01-06-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ape (Post 517498)
I had a late April build date... when was yours?
I'd check with the dealer and see if it falls within the TSB dates.

Did not trust my memory so had to check the data plate, 10/08 birthday.