Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   n00b here (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/n00b-here-421.html)

Gerg 09-09-2005 05:19 PM

n00b here

Ok, just got the "Starter Kit" this summer. An '05 TJ RME, 3.73's, Manual, rag top.

Going to the 4XExpo at the Pomona fairplex for some more ideas next month but here's the list so far

4.5" Rubicon long arm Lift
33's
Air lockers (but this opens a can-o-worms... alloy axles, new R&P (4.56))
Bumpers (Darn near bought Jeeperman, then I saw the Hansons :p )
Winch
Protection (Skids everywhere)

And not necessarily in that order :)

So many mods, so little money.
A kid at heart but my drivers license says otherwse.

4Jeepn 09-09-2005 06:35 PM

Okay what does RME stand for?

Gerg 09-09-2005 07:53 PM

Rocky Mountain Edition
Most important part of the package, Dana 44 :D

1BLKJP 09-09-2005 08:52 PM

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new purchase.

So is that a wish list or the list of things you have already done to your rig? Because if you are thinking of putting in an ARB in the rear before you gear to 4.56 then don't because the carriers are not the same.

Gerg 09-09-2005 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new purchase.

So is that a wish list or the list of things you have already done to your rig? Because if you are thinking of putting in an ARB in the rear before you gear to 4.56 then don't because the carriers are not the same.

Yup, and that's the can-o-worms (or box o bucks).

It's the wish list. I think I'm going to get the protection and bumpers first. Then Lift and wheels. Then dump the dollars into the axles. Gonna take a while :rolleyes:

jeeptales 09-10-2005 11:15 AM

You can do a lot with that rig

If I was stating all over again I would...
  • Armor = Bumpers, Skids, Rock Rails, Diff covers
  • Discos = I like the JKS
  • Lift = I like your pick
  • Tummy tuck = Belly up your transfer case.
  • *If your lifting have your wheels and tires paid for before you lift.
  • Then if you still need the lockes and taller gear set do it all at once.

Collect the essentials like: Good Flashlights, a Quality set of tools, Fire Extinguisher, CB, First-aid kit, Pack Ax/Shovel, Hi-Lift Jack, Good loop end Tow Straps.

Have you ever been to a Jeep Jamboree?

Is this going to be your daily driver too?

Gerg 09-10-2005 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeptales
If I was stating all over again I would...
  • Armor = Bumpers, Skids, Rock Rails, Diff covers
  • Discos = I like the JKS
  • Lift = I like your pick
  • Tummy tuck = Belly up your transfer case.
  • *If your lifting have your wheels and tires paid for before you lift.
  • Then if you still need the lockes and taller gear set do it all at once.

Collect the essentials like: Good Flashlights, a Quality set of tools, Fire Extinguisher, CB, First-aid kit, Pack Ax/Shovel, Hi-Lift Jack, Good loop end Tow Straps.

Have you ever been to a Jeep Jamboree?

Is this going to be your daily driver too?

Pretty much going to figure this stuff out as I go as far as the mods go. A little at a time and do it right.

As for as the essentials, I bought my first 4x4 in 1970. A brand new Chevy Blazer. The second model year. Had a LOT of fun with that. From there it was full size trucks. GMC, Chevy, and Ford when they came out with the 6.9 diesel. Currently have a 2004 F150 Supercab 4X4. So not new to 4X4ing, just Jeeps.

I've accumulated all the "stuff" over the years. My Hi-Lift is over 20 years old.

The Jeep will not be a daily driver. I have a company furnished rig, the PU and Wife's car before I have to drive the Jeep. I think my wife drives it more than I do for errands.

1BLKJP 09-10-2005 06:59 PM

Yeah, there is pretty much 2 schools of thought while building a rig. Either go with the armor and drivetrain first or with lift and tires first.

I went lift and tires first along with the important armor. Out here diff guards are a must. Then I started working on drivetrain (lockers and such).

amerijeep 09-12-2005 06:21 PM

Welcome Greg.

4Jeepn 09-12-2005 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerg
Rocky Mountain Edition
Most important part of the package, Dana 44 :D

Thanks for the info, yeah the 44 is nice, I had one sitting around, sold it, then my we got my wife's TJ,with the dana 35,I was kicking myself at that point, so it goes.. welcome and enjoy the forum.