Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Kansas Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f79/)
-   -   Spring wheeling trip for the Kansas folks.... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f79/spring-wheeling-trip-for-the-kansas-folks-42440.html)

cavediverjc 01-08-2010 02:35 AM

Spring wheeling trip for the Kansas folks....

Who's interested in a get-together sometime this Spring? The date can be worked so that it fits everyone's schedule.

It would seem that most of us are in the central region of Kansas with a few from the edges.

I was thinking about a weekend of wheeling at Tuttle Creek ORV Park near Randolph, KS. It's free, but there is no camping or night wheeling. We can camp at Tuttle Creek State Park in Manhattan, less than half an hour away.

What do you guys think about doing a 2 night/2 day wheeling/camping trip once the weather breaks sometime in March/April?

If anyone is interested or has another idea, let me know. We can put something together for a Kansas WF Meet/Greet.

If everyone's interested in doing the Tuttle Creek ORV Park, I can give directions and GPS numbers to it from anywhere in the state.

Tuttle Creek ORV Park, if you don't already know, has trails for everyone. There are stock Jeeps out there every weekend. There are full tube-framed, 4-wheel steer buggies out there as well. A little flavor for everyone. There is mud, rocks, trails, hills, creeks, whatever you want. If you're into mud, you'll have to do that without me. Not a big fan of mud, but there's lots to do. The best part is that it's free. No admission charge. Just pack out whatever you pack in and all's good.

cavediverjc 01-08-2010 02:37 AM

Oh, I just remembered, there is a place down in the southeastern corner of Kansas called Kansas Rocks. I haven't been there, but I think Mr. Clifford has. Hopefully he'll chime in to this thread and tell us about it........

That's an option too, if anyone would rather do that. We can vote and come up with a solid plan.

Drummer_192 01-08-2010 10:47 AM

Im in:)

distortedtj 01-09-2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 519241)
Oh, I just remembered, there is a place down in the southeastern corner of Kansas called Kansas Rocks. I haven't been there, but I think Mr. Clifford has. Hopefully he'll chime in to this thread and tell us about it........

That's an option too, if anyone would rather do that. We can vote and come up with a solid plan.

KS rocks is not far off of HWY 54 east about 20mi before the Missouri border. I wasn't impressed from the little bit I seen of it. But that doesn't mean they don't have some better trails that I didn't get to see.

It is about 4 hours to get to it from Wichita.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...7,4.916382&z=8

I'm in for a trip to Tuttle in the spring if I have the jeep back together by the ??? date. :wavey:

ks90yj 01-09-2010 03:52 AM

If I'm here I'm in!

cavediverjc 01-09-2010 05:15 PM

Bump

distortedtj 01-10-2010 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 520222)
Bump

I prefer hills and rocks...but if you just want to hit "bumps". It's ok. :p

cavediverjc 01-10-2010 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distortedtj (Post 520561)
I prefer hills and rocks...but if you just want to hit "bumps". It's ok. :p

Hahahaha.......I'm with you. But bumps are good too...... :D

Eric06Rubi 01-11-2010 09:26 AM

could go play in the rocks at Clayton OK.

MR.CLIFFORD 01-11-2010 11:26 AM

Tuttle does have ample camping but their site services kinda suck. If you head through Randolph to the North there are 2 really good camping sites that usually have tons of drift wood for burning. Only one of the sites has a shower though.

I'd be game for a wheelin trip pending I find another rig in time. I've been all over Tuttle and can help trail guide. I'd rather go to Tuttle over KSRocks. There is more to do and I'm more familiar with where the trails and obstacles are. It may be more of a travel but we could also hit Disney, OK.

Antlerman 01-14-2010 11:26 AM

What kind of Spring Date are you thinking of? May sometime??

distortedtj 01-14-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antlerman (Post 523542)
What kind of Spring Date are you thinking of? May sometime??

not sure.

Hey Andy. "Mr.C" what time is the damn place not sooooo muddy?

MR.CLIFFORD 01-14-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distortedtj (Post 523573)
not sure.

Hey Andy. "Mr.C" what time is the damn place not sooooo muddy?

Well, there are 2 days in the heat of August that you might get lucky. And then again the following year. But the dates always change. You have to hold your hand just right and wave your foot to please the weather gods. But it can happen. :rofl:

March is out cause of the Big Meats Run at Disney. April would be good. The end of April usually has nice days with cool night which is good for camping. May... who plans that far ahead?? :D

distortedtj 01-14-2010 12:37 PM

It's the big meats run the 12th at Disney?

April or the end of it is fine for me.

MR.CLIFFORD 01-14-2010 12:41 PM

12th-14th of March.

MR.CLIFFORD 01-19-2010 03:29 PM

Alright well... I don't want to wait until April to figure out what date we can all go wheelin. So start posting what weekend works best for you.

I'm open to any weekend in April. The later we wait in the month the better the weather will be for camping. In the past we have always gone the 3rd weekend in April. But this time I think we should go April 23rd-25th. That is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I prefer to take off on Thursday and use that as a set up camp day cause you usually get the better spots that way. I like to camp at Fancy Creek State Park.

http://thedoubleduke.com/pics/Kansas...KKcampview.jpg

cavediverjc 01-19-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD (Post 526644)
Alright well... I don't want to wait until April to figure out what date we can all go wheelin. So start posting what weekend works best for you.

I'm open to any weekend in April. The later we wait in the month the better the weather will be for camping. In the past we have always gone the 3rd weekend in April. But this time I think we should go April 23rd-25th. That is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I prefer to take off on Thursday and use that as a set up camp day cause you usually get the better spots that way. I like to camp at Fancy Creek State Park.

http://thedoubleduke.com/pics/Kansas...KKcampview.jpg

That date is perfect for me too.

Storm27m 01-19-2010 11:31 PM

Well, I'll be damned...there's a Kansas forum? If I'm not deployed or on call, I'd probably be game.

Drummer_192 01-20-2010 01:08 AM

i can get off work any weekend i need to in April. So the weekend of the 23rd works for me

MR.CLIFFORD 01-20-2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm27m (Post 526966)
Well, I'll be damned...there's a Kansas forum? If I'm not deployed or on call, I'd probably be game.

You are game. I fixed it. Have I seen you around Wichita? What do you drive?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drummer_192 (Post 527030)
i can get off work any weekend i need to in April. So the weekend of the 23rd works for me

I'd say let's go with that date. April 23rd-25th. If anybody needs anything specific PM me here or email me at mr.clifford@thedoubleduke.com and I can answer any questions you may have.

distortedtj 01-20-2010 01:19 AM

I need some new control arms...long arms will work. :D

MR.CLIFFORD 01-20-2010 01:21 AM

Hustle up. And no excuses. I don't even have a jeep. So if I can find a jeep to wheel by that date then you can find some long arms. :rofl:

distortedtj 01-20-2010 01:23 AM

Oh I found them that's not the issue. $$$$ =wifey/kids :(

I do think my control arm bushings are shot though, need to pull them sometime and check. Also probally wont be doing long arms for a few months. The good ol' AF has me doing classes and a month TDY starting around the 15th of this month. So I wont be doing much until after March or April as far as jeep toys.

cavediverjc 01-20-2010 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD (Post 527038)
Hustle up. And no excuses. I don't even have a jeep. So if I can find a jeep to wheel by that date then you can find some long arms. :rofl:

What happened to the white one you just got? Did I miss something?

MR.CLIFFORD 01-20-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 527162)
What happened to the white one you just got? Did I miss something?

I sold it. :D

Storm27m 01-20-2010 08:48 PM

You might have seen me around, but probably not in a Jeep. I just bought one here locally and joined the forum recently. I live on the east side at 143rd/Harry and frequent the area between there, Kellogg, Rock, and McConnell AFB.

I had (and still have) a black 2000 F-150 Supercab Sport 4x4:
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g.../2000F-150.jpg

And now I have my Jeep, easily distinguished by what I consider to be an ugly (spice?) soft top. It will be replaced with something else by next winter:
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...p/SDC10250.jpg

It is mostly stock for now, but I've got plans to make it a little more trail worthy in the not so distant future. I haven't done any off-roading since I ditched my 72 K5 Blazer back in 2002, but I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

MR.CLIFFORD 01-20-2010 09:02 PM

I will keep an eye open. I'm on Harry closer to Rock.

FguyTJ 01-20-2010 09:24 PM

Andy informed me of this trip, so I am planning on making the trip up with him in my junk.

distortedtj 01-20-2010 09:34 PM

Welcome to the forum bud. More the crazier or merrier.

MR.CLIFFORD 01-20-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FguyTJ (Post 527601)
Andy informed me of this trip, so I am planning on making the trip up with him in my junk.

I had to read this a couple times. You are making the trip in your junk. Not with me in your junk. I don't care if I have to take an extended test drive I am wheelin. :flipoff: