Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   22" wheels: need advice (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/22-wheels-need-advice-42593.html)

mudslinger150 01-11-2010 12:48 PM

22" wheels: need advice

So i have recently decided that this whole offroading thing....is not for me. I would much rather bring my jeep to show and shines etc and see how clean i can get it vs how dirty and banged up i can get it (you are all animals), i get so sick of cleaning dirt off the jeep too, i much rather wash wax and detail.

Here is my question. I currently have some 15" wheels with 33" MT's, i can no longer get the white walls' clean and i have some chips on my wheels :eek:. If i were to change out my wheels and tires for some 22's :D! what would it require?

I would like to look into hydraulics and such as well but idk if that is an option on a jeep.... But anyways if i got some 22" wheels and some low pro tires would they mount up? I have a 4" lift but will be taking it off

any help would be appreciated.

baja 01-11-2010 12:51 PM

Mudslinger my wife works with people like you,maybe I can get some good advice for you?Right now I'd suggest alchohol and plenty of it.:eek:

05GT-O.C.D. 01-11-2010 12:52 PM

For the love of God and all that is Holy, why??? I banish you Satan from this board.

Bwahaaha. I'm confident you have to be joking. :wtf:

baja 01-11-2010 12:54 PM

MODS request assistance stat.

morphious 01-11-2010 01:00 PM

wait everyone we as jeepers have to do this for his own good (cocks shotgun ) we need to put him down its for his own good and i would expect anyone to do the same for me

multisonic 01-11-2010 01:05 PM

yes i agree.
alcohol, and guns, and naked young girls are just what the doctor ordered. wrap that all up in an american flag and give it to the boy!

Note: Not too young!

05GT-O.C.D. 01-11-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multisonic (Post 521505)
yes i agree.
alcohol, and guns, and naked young girls are just what the doctor ordered. wrap that all up in an american flag and give it to the boy!

Note: Not too young!

Well heck, if you going to give me some alcohol, guns, and some naked 22 yr olds, then I'll put my Jeep on 22's too! :wavey:

mudslinger150 01-11-2010 01:13 PM

I'm not kidding guys, i just wanna have a fly whip, please any help would be greatly appreciated. What is a good site to get chrome accessories off of? Quadratec and such doesn't offer much chrome.

morphious 01-11-2010 01:15 PM

no you all see its spreading its like a disease the only way to stop it is to end it now

baja 01-11-2010 01:19 PM

Sounds like hair-pees to me!

morphious 01-11-2010 01:21 PM

im just saying its not fair to let him suffer like this

baja 01-11-2010 01:22 PM

put him out of our misery?

05GT-O.C.D. 01-11-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudslinger150 (Post 521519)
I'm not kidding guys, i just wanna have a fly whip, please any help would be greatly appreciated. What is a good site to get chrome accessories off of? Quadratec and such doesn't offer much chrome.

Maybe try www.jeepfail.com??? :bottom:

mudslinger150 01-11-2010 01:26 PM

no, that link said "page cannot be displayed" is there supposed to be the ?'s after the .com?

baja 01-11-2010 01:27 PM

sorry the page you were looking for cannot be found.Thinkin thats what he meant

05GT-O.C.D. 01-11-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudslinger150 (Post 521538)
no, that link said "page cannot be displayed" is there supposed to be the ?'s after the .com?

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 521541)
sorry the page you were looking for cannot be found.

IT WAS A JOKE!!! Like this thread... ...hopefully. :flipoff:

baja 01-11-2010 01:30 PM

You know,we are trying to be serious in here.

stevens243 01-11-2010 01:37 PM

22" wheels are a dumb choice.

What you really want is 24" wheels WITH the spinners:

http://www.rimslegend.com/omgstamp.p...rodlg&size=300

Dub Spinning Wheels Banshee Spinner 24 X 10 Inch Wheels

RedWrangler 01-11-2010 01:49 PM

I've seen this kind of thing, but only in North Philly. If you want a ghetto cruiser, get something besides a jeep. The aftermarket for jeeps is about bigger, badder, tougher and backwoods. You want an urban lowrider, you are defintely in the wrong place. Oh, and your moniker, mudslinger, please turn it in at the door on your way out.

multisonic 01-11-2010 03:03 PM

This is just ridiculous. Surely Mr. Slinger, you are joking about doing this right?

schnutzy 01-11-2010 03:16 PM

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0001_large.jpg

or you could keep the lift and throw some nice 30 inch wheels on it

David Lucas 01-11-2010 03:58 PM

YouTube - Ion Cannon GDI campain

I'm sorry, but it had to be done.

whitebuffalo 01-11-2010 04:11 PM

the best way to clean it up prior to the new tires would be to wet some rags with gasoline. wipe everything down with that. then wring out the rags (you dont want too much, itll harm the finish). stuff the one rag down the fuel filler neck, as that area is scratch prone. light it on fire to activate the gasoline cleaning power. step back and watch the holy cleansing.

RedWrangler 01-11-2010 04:37 PM

Does anyone else get the feeling that we've been trolled?

multisonic 01-11-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebuffalo (Post 521660)
the best way to clean it up.....

i laughed for at least 15 seconds. thanks for that.

cavediverjc 01-11-2010 04:54 PM

He's not trolling. He's just playing around.

Hey Mud, get some neon lights to go underneath your Jeep. Those look badass. Don't forget your "R" emblem either. It goes next to the "JEEP" sticker to signify that it's faster than your average Jeep.

Put a giant fart-can exhaust on it too. Everyone knows that louder is faster, right? (You know what I mean, Harley owners.)

I think the coolest thing you could do would be to paint it with bass boat paint. The kind with the wicked-cool metallic flakes.

Also, paint (with a rattle-can) every piece of dash trim you can remove and replace a vivid shade of orange or yellow. Yellow makes your dash faster. That's just common knowledge.

Don't forget your light-up skull cigarette lighter, your underhood performance stickers, your chrome chain steering wheel (with integrated NOS buttons), and you HAVE TO PLAY RAP at volume 11 when going home at 3:00 am. It doesn't have to be a GOOD stereo, it just has to be LOUD. Loud enough to piss EVERYONE off.

I'll see if I can come up with some more cool ideas for your Jeep.

Remember, Jeep Wrangler is the new Honda Civic. :firedevil:

02 Apex 01-11-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudslinger150 (Post 521482)
So i have recently decided that this whole offroading thing....is not for me. I would much rather bring my jeep to show and shines etc and see how clean i can get it vs how dirty and banged up i can get it (you are all animals), i get so sick of cleaning dirt off the jeep too, i much rather wash wax and detail.

Here is my question. I currently have some 15" wheels with 33" MT's, i can no longer get the white walls' clean and i have some chips on my wheels :eek:. If i were to change out my wheels and tires for some 22's :D! what would it require?

I would like to look into hydraulics and such as well but idk if that is an option on a jeep.... But anyways if i got some 22" wheels and some low pro tires would they mount up? I have a 4" lift but will be taking it off

any help would be appreciated.

Dude, does your vanity-plate say, "Hazel". WhoTF likes to clean anything? Show and shine a Jeep? Your State Motto is "Live Free or Die"? Not "Shine"!

Anyway, good luck with the rim-pairing and hydraulics........sissy. (hee, heee) JK See you at the mall.

mudslinger150 01-11-2010 08:37 PM

Hey thanks Cadav for the only positive feed back. I did have a Type R emblem but the neighboor kids (civic tuners) keep ripping it off and breaking it in half, then they put it on my front seat. A-Holes! I'm going to the auto parts store this weekend, i want to piece together an APC Cold air intake, it will be 100% custom! I also found a pair of the windshield wipers that have the chrome shell on them, its a cheap mod that looks pretty sweet IMHO.

what do you guys know about fitting Jap motors in American cars? Does it require much modification?

Vaultzz 01-11-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudslinger150 (Post 521892)
what do you guys know about fitting Jap motors in American cars? Does it require much modification?

ouch, thats going to get alot of people going again :rofl:

schnutzy 01-11-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudslinger150 (Post 521892)

might be a bit of work if your going with a JDM 4 banger. most of those are alot smaller then the 4.0 and the 2.5, so u would have to do some custom motor mounts. weight savings would be great though. those engines only weigh like 200 pounds, compared to mid 400 to low 500 for the jeep motors.

and early b series out of a honda could probably work well, im pretty sure there are stand alone harness kits for those