Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Classifieds Archive (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/)
-   -   Receiver Hitch (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/receiver-hitch-43450.html)

Cons_Table 01-27-2010 11:50 AM

Receiver Hitch
 
Hey guys, I'm looking for a receiver hitch that will fit a 1999 wranger. Possibly a class III witha 2" receiver. Let me know what you've got. Thanks! :wavey:

Ray - San Jose 01-27-2010 12:03 PM

I've got a Hidden Hitch on my '02. Works well. I do scrape rocks with it on occasion off-road, but no ill effects.

Cons_Table 01-27-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray - San Jose (Post 532212)
I've got a Hidden Hitch on my '02. Works well. I do scrape rocks with it on occasion off-road, but no ill effects.

ya ive looked at the hidden hitch online, i actually posted to see if anyone had an extra one that they were looking to sell

jwm1986 01-27-2010 12:41 PM

I have a hitch and T harness I don't need anymore, i'm sure shipping would be crazy tho!

Cons_Table 01-27-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwm1986 (Post 532238)
I have a hitch and T harness I don't need anymore, i'm sure shipping would be crazy tho!

whats the T harness? (excuse my ignorance lol) but i bet it would be expensive coming from IN

jwm1986 01-27-2010 12:50 PM

Well basically it allows a very easy trailor light wire install. To be short, you just have to unplug the plug by the tail lights, plug this in on both sides, and bam... You got light wires. :)

Cons_Table 01-27-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwm1986 (Post 532244)
Well basically it allows a very easy trailor light wire install. To be short, you just have to unplug the plug by the tail lights, plug this in on both sides, and bam... You got light wires. :)

oh ok sounds simple enough

jwm1986 01-27-2010 01:16 PM

I guess just let me know if you don't find anything closer. They shouldn't be too hard to find, locally for you. I know I wouldn't want have something like that shipped!

Cons_Table 01-27-2010 01:17 PM

Thanks Jwm, its nothing urgent so ill just keep an eye out

Geoff@Bestop 01-27-2010 01:21 PM

Can I suggest pricing out a bumper with hitch built into it? It'll be more expensive, but it might be worth it. That way you'll get the hitch out of the way completely, and be able to use the receiver for tow straps and what not. Just a thought!

Cons_Table 01-27-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop (Post 532272)
Can I suggest pricing out a bumper with hitch built into it? It'll be more expensive, but it might be worth it. That way you'll get the hitch out of the way completely, and be able to use the receiver for tow straps and what not. Just a thought!

i have also thought of this and im still considering it, the only downside is the expense

Bobthegod 01-31-2010 06:12 PM

I have a 1999 Wrangler I had a Hidden Hitch on....$60.00 plus shipping and it's yours.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 PM.