Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Washington Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f57/)
-   -   Relocating to WA (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f57/relocating-to-wa-43628.html)

RockGrrl 01-30-2010 04:07 PM

Relocating to WA

I'm relocating to the Tacoma area soon and would like to know if any of you Jeepers could tell me where there are any good off road trails. I'm guessing Olympia. Anywhere closer? I want to join a group too if anyone knows of one in that area. Thanks! :punk:

wasurfer86 02-01-2010 03:20 AM

im new to offroading so im kinda wondering the same thing. the only trail ive heard of is in belfair. belfair is probably no more then an hour north of tacoma. i really wanna try and find some unused trails out in the cascades. it would be a lot cooler to go to the mountains then a commonly used 4x4 trail, in my opinion.

skeeter 02-01-2010 12:15 PM

I don't know a lot about wheeling on the wet side but these guys do.
Eastern Washington Off Road • Index page

boomer27127 02-03-2010 10:11 AM

there are a few good places to go around here. most are about a hour or a little more from tacoma. you should check out www.the4x4network.com its a local forum with alot of info on area's around here. when are you going to end up getting to tacoma?

Catalog 02-03-2010 04:59 PM

In under an hour from Tacoma you can hit Evans Creek, Elbe Hills, Tahuya, and Capitol Forest if you know where to go out there.

Try Washington Virtual Jeep Club - wavjc.org - Jeep Jeeping Northwest Washington or NWJeepn.com, The Trail Starts Here! and you should find some local trail write ups and people to wheel with.

My GF and I wheel this area a lot and am sure we could take ya to a few places and show ya the trails.

RockGrrl 02-28-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomer27127 (Post 537478)
there are a few good places to go around here. most are about a hour or a little more from tacoma. you should check out www.the4x4network.com its a local forum with alot of info on area's around here. when are you going to end up getting to tacoma?

I'll be in there mid April. Thanks, I'll check out the site.

RockGrrl 02-28-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catalog (Post 537881)
In under an hour from Tacoma you can hit Evans Creek, Elbe Hills, Tahuya, and Capitol Forest if you know where to go out there.

Try Washington Virtual Jeep Club - wavjc.org - Jeep Jeeping Northwest Washington or NWJeepn.com, The Trail Starts Here! and you should find some local trail write ups and people to wheel with.

My GF and I wheel this area a lot and am sure we could take ya to a few places and show ya the trails.

Thanks! I need to mod my jeep a little before hitting the major trails but I'm definitely interested in wheeling with someone who has been there before and getting familiar with the trails. I'll be arriving to Tacoma mid April. Won't be settled in until May probably....So if you are headed out any time after that let me know. I'm stoked!

Catalog 03-21-2010 01:23 AM

We go out fairly often I am sure we can get a begginer run going for you.