Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Am I crazy? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/am-i-crazy-43672.html)

N39-W120 01-31-2010 09:03 AM

Am I crazy?

1 Attachment(s)
Took the Scouts for a little bit of cold weather camping....Attachment 15224

JDsDream 01-31-2010 09:19 AM

Yes you are! But it is an experience that you will never forget and never regret. I had my girl scouts camping when a tornado came through. Imagine 27 pre-teen girls screaming. Only lost my hearing for a couple of days but it was worth it.

Fweaky 01-31-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 534939)
I had my girl scouts camping when a tornado came through. Imagine 27 pre-teen girls screaming. Only lost my hearing for a couple of days but it was worth it.

Damn...sounds like one of my trips. (Camping trips) :D

schnutzy 01-31-2010 12:14 PM

thats nothing. a couple guys from my troop decided a nice 10 mile hike into a site would be a nice winter trip. they just didnt remember there was a foot of snow on the ground :eek:

although, when you cold, it becomes very easy to motivate yourself to build a nice big fire. damn near melted the all the snow in our camp site. hehehehehe :firedevil:

s3nt3nc3d 01-31-2010 12:46 PM

My friend and I planned to do a cold weather camping trip sometime...wanted to do it when there was snow on the ground, but...he got a girlfriend and she's got his manhood sitting in a jar on the headboard, so that plan went out the window. It's hard enough to get her to let him go away on a NORMAL camping trip for the weekend.

RatherBNarizona 01-31-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s3nt3nc3d (Post 535056)
My friend and I planned to do a cold weather camping trip sometime...wanted to do it when there was snow on the ground, but...he got a girlfriend and she's got his manhood sitting in a jar on the headboard, so that plan went out the window. It's hard enough to get her to let him go away on a NORMAL camping trip for the weekend.

he sir, needs Vegas.

birdhunter 01-31-2010 01:23 PM

Where is your fire?
Hell you use tents
When we go we cut in a hill side
and make a ice cave it stays warmer
then you think

flight risk 01-31-2010 02:49 PM

Good job...memories are forever...

ryt2112 01-31-2010 03:08 PM

Not crazy at all. I actually really like cold weather camping.
My favorite camping trips are always up in Rand Colorado where I go a couple times a year. I love waking up to deep snow around my tent... keeps me nice and toasty inside ;)

InfernoGirl 01-31-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 534939)
Imagine 27 pre-teen girls screaming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fweaky (Post 534952)
Damn...sounds like one of my trips. (Camping trips) :D

Hahahahaha! :rofl: You really are Fweaky! :rofl:

Tiburon 01-31-2010 09:13 PM

I just had flashbacks of winter camping w/ the scouts. I've got a boxfull of meritt badges for polar and iceburg awards. hmmm, would be cool to find a place to put them in the Jeep.

Jerry Bransford 01-31-2010 10:53 PM

That's great, nice to see another Scout leader here. I was one of the assist. Scoutmasters for my son's troop which forever cured me of ever wanting to spend another night in a tent. I spent over 75 nights camped out with the scouts in my tent, I was getting too old for that kind of stuff.

Never in any snow though, I gotta hand it to you for going the extra mile for your scouts! I can't imagine being in a tent when it's that cold. :eek: :punk: