Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   train horn and mudding? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/train-horn-and-mudding-4424.html)

upinar 12-13-2006 11:56 PM

train horn and mudding?

hey, i just installed some train horns on my jeep and wanted to here some opinions on what to becareful for when offroading if even if i can offroad anymore. Because i think my mudding days are numbered.

Odhinn 12-14-2006 06:24 AM

If they are actual Locomotive horns, I would be careful not to blow them when people are directly in front of them. The ones I have delt with in my work are between 100 and 120 decibels and will ring a persons head (possibly causeing pain) if to close. Which could lead to a fist fight on the trail. If I'm misunderstanding what you are asking please verify.

mrbigjeep 12-14-2006 08:48 AM

i think hes worried about getting mud in the train horns and messing them up.

i would rather be able to wheel then have train horns

RioGrande95 12-14-2006 10:37 AM

Plastic wrap and rubber bands maybe?

Mudweiser 12-14-2006 12:00 PM

Ive got train horns on mine as well. Best bet is to not let mud get in them. But a lil bit aint goin to hurt nothing. Im guessing you are running at least a 150 psi on board compressor like i am to power the horns. I also have airchucks on both wheel wells inside to air up tires, atvs whatever. One blast of the horn will usually remove any debris. And theres nothing to mess up in the horn itself because you have an electric air solenoid thats further down the line that actually engages the horn. Im not saying i would do like i do and run 4 foot of water, but you should have it mounted in a position thats not goin to collect water when your driving down the road.

tiny terror 12-14-2006 12:28 PM

May I ask why? What's the purpose?

mrbigjeep 12-14-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 37409)
May I ask why? What's the purpose?

to be loud and obnoxious.

tiny terror 12-14-2006 12:29 PM

I got that covered ;)

MouthfulOfGrass 12-14-2006 12:31 PM

You don't seem all that loud.....

tiny terror 12-14-2006 12:36 PM

Well, thank god I got the other aspect of my personality covered. :p

MouthfulOfGrass 12-14-2006 05:12 PM

Hey, I'm just tryin' to help......

upinar 12-15-2006 09:30 PM

thanks alot. thats a major relief. And u ask y? making a whole group of thugs on the street jump like little girls makes my day.

bluvikng 12-15-2006 10:30 PM

Watch out for avalanches.............:D

upinar 12-16-2006 10:52 PM

will do

scubasteve8889 12-21-2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odhinn (Post 37312)
If they are actual Locomotive horns, I would be careful not to blow them when people are directly in front of them. The ones I have delt with in my work are between 100 and 120 decibels and will ring a persons head (possibly causeing pain) if to close. Which could lead to a fist fight on the trail. If I'm misunderstanding what you are asking please verify.

Mr. Odhinn, what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things ive ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rationall thought. Everyone who read your response is now dumber. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Odhinn 12-21-2006 10:10 AM

I have to agree that my misunderstanding of what was asked was a bit out of place. I am sure all the intelligent people that are on this forum took it for what it was, a misunderstanding. But you are entitled to your opinion.

mrbigjeep 12-21-2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubasteve8889 (Post 39790)
Mr. Odhinn, what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things ive ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rationall thought. Everyone who read your response is now dumber. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Easy man. Calm down.

We're not perfect like you. (yeah right! your not perfect!)

I'll put some trainhorns on my jeep and you can come on over and stick your ear on the hood and i'll blow the horn ok?

tiny terror 12-21-2006 10:27 AM

Quote:

Mr. Odhinn, what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things ive ever heard..... <snippity snip>

Er..... welcome to the forum? Interesting first post. Way to put everyone off. I sincerely hope your tongue was planted firmly in your cheek, because if it wasn't you're way off base.

Texapple 12-21-2006 01:32 PM

Interesting http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/basic/huh.gif....... I don't feel dumber after reading Odhinn's post.

MouthfulOfGrass 12-21-2006 03:20 PM

Just did a self check, still as dumb as I was before reading the post.

amerijeep 12-21-2006 05:06 PM

I'm here now, so I have officially brought the thread to a whole new level of dumb.

Welcome to WF, scubasteve!

Your IP address is very close to someone else's... You put them as a referal....

tiny terror 12-21-2006 05:15 PM

long as you're pretty, you'll be ok 'merijeep.

amerijeep 12-21-2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 39906)
long as you're pretty, you'll be ok 'merijeep.

I am that. I guess it's all good then.

1BLKJP 12-21-2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

Don't you all recognize this quote from the movie Billy Madison? When Billy is telling the school out the Puppy who Lost his Way is in comparison to the industrial revolution in America? And then the principal lights into him with that?

tiny terror 12-21-2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerijeep (Post 39913)
I am that. I guess it's all good then.

I heard you're difficult because of it though. :D

Scout 12-21-2006 06:01 PM

Quote:

I've been passing over this thread all day without reading. Now I wish i had read it sooner.

Was this post real? I hope it wasn't. This is one of the rudest things I've seen written here on WF. If it is, and you are sincere about your feelings in your post, I certainly think you should think twice before you broadcast your negative feelings out to the entire world. No one on this forum needs to talk that way about another member. Period.

Odhinn - I was following you in the thread. I wasn't real clear on what the actual question was at first either. ;)

amerijeep 12-21-2006 06:17 PM

Attention everyone. It was a joke! Relax!!!

Scout 12-21-2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerijeep (Post 39928)
Attention everyone. It was a joke! Relax!!!

Ahh ok! I thought it might have been. Just wanted to help out my boy Odhinn. :flipoff:

1BLKJP 12-21-2006 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Scout (Post 39932)
Ahh ok! I thought it might have been. Just wanted to help out my boy Odhinn. :flipoff:

DORK. :D :flipoff: :D

Scout 12-21-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 39937)
DORK. :D :flipoff: :D

Gawd!!!!!!!! :flipoff: You're killing me!

I'd do the same for you bro...;)